• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Sinjoto Archipelago OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
  • PLEASE WAIT UNTIL GOODIES MAKES HIS FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING IN THE OOC THREAD!

The main thread is for posting and your RPing. This OOC thread is were you will now be able to find extra information and ask questions. The SUs will also be mainted in my post... Well only the Sinnoh Starters. Goodies next post will reflect the Cianwood Starter's progress.

Sinnoh Starters

Gale Sapphire Hana

ITEMS: Pokedex

BADGES/RIBBONS:

POKEMON:
    Jasper Otz

BADGES/RIBBONS:

POKEMON:
    Dmitri Adler

BADGES/RIBBONS:

POKEMON:
    Kale Meteora

BADGES/RIBBONS:

POKEMON:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Meh Whatever! I'll edit this with the Johto SU's soon. Feel free to post now guys!

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years

• ONE SPOT LEFT!!!

THE SINJOTO ARCHIPELAGO

CO-OWNER: Goodies.

PLOT:
    Several hundred years have passed from the time that a young trainer from Pallet Town conquered the four major regions, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh. A new archipelago has been discovered during that time between the Johto region's Cianwood and the Sinnoh region's Resort area. On account of its location it has become a popular as a tourist site for champions of both the Johto and Sinnoh regions despite the traditions of the local people. This new archipelago, the "Sinjoto Archipelago" has two different tribal people that can not get along and have been warring for past generations. They are the Malons, a tribe of happiness, bliss, and simplicity and the Gorgons, a tribe of sophistication, advancement, and labor. The Gorgons who take the bottom half as their land have been feuding with the Malons because their views are different from their ideas of everything being precise and creating a powerful economy and city with many factories and modernizations. Although, the Malons are a peaceful happy tribe they have had to defend their culture of blending in and living in peace with nature in the top half. This has caused repeated generations of natives who despise the other tribe and two cities, one from each half has split of from their respected half. They believe in a balance between nature and machinery and still to this day remain isolated and neutral. The tensions have recently become so bad that two gangs have formed from both halves, Team Metallic and Team Redrose. Attacks from these gangs have caused damage everywhere and more importantly is causing many innocent causalities, mostly tourists. The Elite Four from both of the neighboring regions have worked together to come up with a plan to reduce violence and reopen tourism. A league requiring four badges from the six gyms spread across the archipelago and a Grand Festival requiring five of the seven possible ribbons to be earned have been created. That is where you come in. You have either placed in the Johto or Sinnoh region's Grand Festival, Pokemon League, or both and are going to take the challenge. You will leave all of your Pokemon in a special facility created for this challenge in either the Resort area or Cianwood depending on which region you placed at and will receive a new starter Pokemon for the competition. Then you can begin your island hopping adventure across this tense and unique archipelago to enter in the Pokemon League or Grand Festival. Beware for the two gangs antics could effect you and force you into their shenanigans, but of course it is still your choice to help create peace or to crush them down like any other obstacle that may come your way.

RULES:
    1. No goddmodding.
    2. No bunnying. You have to lose at least sometimes.
    3. Romance and Violence kept at a PG-13 rating or you will be kicked out.
    4. As RP master I have the right to kick anyone out justly.
    5. As RP master I have the right to change the rules.
    6. No cursing or Swearing other then ones like dammit! or Crap!
    7. Obey all Rules.
    8. Have fun!
    9. Shinies can be caught but it will take One hell of a battle post.
    10. When you try to capture a Pokemon please leave your post like this Shinx was engulfed into the Pokeball and it shook Once, Twice and.... then I will decide if your post was good enough to capture the Pokemon.

NAME:
    (What is the name of your character?)
    GENDER: (Male or Female. If you say Neuter I WILL slap you)
    PERSONALITY: (What is your character like?)
    APPEARANCE: (What does he/she look like? PICTURES WILL NOT WORK! Sorry :P)
    STARTER:
    (What Pokemon would you like? It MUST be out of the possible list of starters FOR YOUR STARTING POINT. Obviously Wildcard means you get to pick it)
    HISTORY: (What kind of background does you character have?)
    STARTING POINT: (Cianwood or Resort Area)
    ACHIEVMENT(S): (Did you win the Pokemon League, Grand Festival or Both?)
    GOAL: (Are you trying to enter the Grand Festival, League, or Both?)
    RP SAMPLE: (I need one of these to see how you RP. If you don't have one make something up. If you don't have one I will point that out. If I have to ask you again for one you will be AUTOMATICALLY DECLINED)

STARTERS:

RESORT AREA STARTERS:

Snover: (Taken by Serene)
    Type: Grass/Ice
    Ability: Snow Warning
    Moves: Powder Snow, Leer, Razor Leaf
    Nature: Bold

Bronzor: (Taken by Airuku)
    Type: Steel/Psychic
    Ability: Heatproof
    Moves: Tackle, Confusion
    Nature: Quiet

Buizel: (King900000)
    Type: Water
    Ability: Swift Swim
    Moves: Sonicboom, Growl, Watersport, Quick Attack
    Nature: Modest

Wildcard: Cyndaquil-Adamant-Male (Taken by Darkaoz)

CIANWOOD STARTERS:

Shuckle: (Taken by .Sublime)
    Type: Rock/Bug
    Ability: Sturdy
    Moves: Withdraw, Constrict
    Nature: Hasty

Gligar: (Taken By Hiruka)
    Type: Ground/Flying
    Ability: Hypercutter
    Moves: Poison Sting, Sand Attack
    Nature: Adamant

Sneasel: Open
    Type: Ice/Dark
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Moves: Scratch, Leer, Taunt
    Nature: Adamant.

Wildcard: Gible (Taken by Mira)

THERE WILL BE NO RESERVATIONS AND IF COMPETITION ARISES WE WILL PICK THE BEST!!!

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • FS and Goodies, you should inform the people who have yet to post that they have to do so and maybe open sign-ups again if they don't post.

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • Well, I don't read FrozenSnowman's posts xD Just kidding... Just kidding... *dodges turnips*

But there may be some people who decided not to do it and didn't have the courtesy to inform you and therefore didn't check the thread... >.>'

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Damn it...I wrote this super long SU, and when I posted it, THE SERVER WAS TOO BUSY. Man...this is the sixth time this week. PC must really be fed up with me. So, anyway...expect my SU later, I'm going to change everything, 'cause I really don't feel like re-writing that.

EDIT: Okay, I finished my new SU. Hope you like it! If you don't, I'll just change it. I have tons more...(MWAHAHAHAHA!)

Name: Winter Lovebell

Personality: Winter is extremely lazy. She spends her time doing nothing. Anything else is just too troublesome for her. She also has no reaction whatsoever to anything because of this, so you might as well announce the end of the world without her even blinking. She is oblivious to any other person's anger or hatred. She is never really 'jealous' or 'excited', as she just doesn't think the world is worthwhile. However it may seem, Winter is actually very sharp-witted, with an IQ of a genius...except that thinking too much hurts her head. If she had any motivation, she could do almost anything...but she's much too lazy. But there are good sides to this too. She is carefree, meaning she never has to worry about anything. But she still holds her friends close to her in her heart, and she dislikes anybody that hurts them...but of course, she wouldn't actually do anything to them. She prefers using her tongue. Her personality gives her a great advantage over others during competitions, tests, or even dangerous situations, as she does not feel stress or nervosity at all. This, coupled with her intelligence, allows her to think rationally and quickly whenever she wants. Which isn't very often. She also has a great deal of self-control, though she will sometimes retort back when she is annoyed. She is able to calculate the worth of things, even in the future...for example, she can decide what is more important, what to sacrifice in order to obtain something better. In order to do this, she imagines the what could happen in the future and all of the consequences an act could make. She is able to make these decisions in a split second, though she will get a headache later for it. Her wits, combined with her ability to keep calm, makes her a powerful and focused trainer. In battle, she is very strategic, preferring to use strategy rather than blunt force, although she will sometimes overwhelm an opponent with power. Of course, most of the time, she can't concentrate very well, except in serious fights, when she has to focus. She like sweets, mainly lollipops and gummies.

Appearance: Winter dyed her hair an olivish jade green. She pulls it up in a high ponytail, letting a few strands around her face. She's too lazy to do otherwise. Her eye are of an actual icy green, though her face always has that same bored expression. She wears a simple green T-shirt and a pair of dark, navy jeans. She does not care much for her clothes, you see. She has a brown belt that allows her to carry Pokeballs. She wears a plain pair of sneakers, as well as her usual, white teddy-bear socks. Her most seen position is sitting on a chair, hand holding her chin and face, and...looking bored. Winter pretty much ignores the cold, though she keeps a pack of Kleenex stuffed in her pockets just in case. There is nearly always a lollipop sticking out of her mouth.

Starter: Snover

History: Winter lived all her life in Hearthome City. At the age of twelve, she received a Pokemon Egg from a traveler. It hatched into a Drifloon. It was her first Pokemon. Drifloon was the calm and peaceful type, so they got along well. Winter's parents urged her to go on a journey like most other kids, so she eventually began training Drifloon, who soon evolved into Drifblim. But since she was too lazy to actually go on a journey, she simply defeated Hearthome's Gym Leader over and over again. Recently, she caught a Noctowl. It, as opposed to Drifblim, was very eager to battle and kept on pestering others to fight. Winter's parents also began annoying her, as they wanted her to do more 'outside activities' for her health. Since they promised that they would leave her alone for the next year and let her re-paint her room, Winter agreed to journey across the Sinjoto Archipelago. For a short while.

Starting Point: Resort Area

Achievements: Beat the Hearthome Gym seven hundred and fifty two times.

Goal: Will try her hand at anything that comes her way, Gyms or Contests.

RP Sample:

Renka wrenched the door open. To her disgust, the scent she smelled right now was no doubtly grass. She glanced around. The large field was covered with short, green stuff. The Pokeball symbol was traced on the ground with white paint.

And there he was. Green hair sticking out irritatingly, Kent did not looked surprised to see her. In fact, his expression was delighted. He came running.

"Renka!" he exclaimed, sliding to a halt. "I'm so glad you came!"

Renka shot him a venemous look.

He flinched. "Um...are you okay?" he asked uneasily. Then he bit his lip. "Uh...if it's about earlier, I'm sorry....I did pay for the bill though...sorry, I know I shouldn't have left you like that..."

Renka curled up her fists. In a flash, she raised one hand and slapped Kent fiercely on the face. The Gym echoed with the loud sound of the slap. He choked in surprise.

"R-Renka?" he coughed. Renka's strength must have caught him off guard. He looked shocked.

"That's for holding my hands, you weed-haired blockhead," Renka said through clenched teeth. Kent stared blankly at her. "And this--" She inhaled deeply. "IS FOR TRYING TO FLIRT WITH ME, YOU PERVERT!"

He never saw it coming. Renka raised her knee and kicked him brutally in the nuts. He yelped, bending over in pain.

Renka had regretted it later. It had taken Kent fifteen minutes before he could stand up again. But when he did, she saw that all the soft emotion was gone from his eyes. Now they were hard as stone, and they stared fiercely at her, blazing with a competitive flame.

"All right, Renka. I hope you're ready," he warned. "I won't hold back just because you're a girl."

Renka resisted the temptation to kick him again. She contented herself with simply a mocking snort.

"And you don't go crying because you were beaten by a girl," she sneered. Kent's face hardened.

He took out two Pokeballs from his pockets. He threw them into the air and, with a double popping sound, the flashes of light transformed into two small, green creatures. The Pokedex in Renka's own pocket rang out:

Bulbasaur #01 : Seed Pokemon
    Grass/Poison
    The seed on its back can store nutrients. By soaking up the sun's rays, the seed grows progressively larger.

Chikorita #152 : Leaf Pokemon
    Grass
    It waves its leaf around to keep foes at bay. A sweet fragrance also wafts from the leaf, creating a friendly atmosphere and becalming any battling Pokemon. It loves to bask in sunlight.

"It'll be a double battle," Kent declared. "So you choose two of your Pokemon."

Renka bit her lip. Skorupi and Ledyba have the type advantage, but with Hoppip's Confusion, we could hold one enemy in place...but what about the other one?
    Suddenly, an image flashed in her mind. She grinned.

"All right," she smirked. "Let's do this."

She tossed two Pokeballs. They clicked open in mid-air, and, with two flashes of light, Skorupi and Hoppip stood on the grass. Kent frowned.

He shook his head. "Okay. I'll let you have the first move."

Big mistake, weedhair! "Hoppip!" Renka yelled. "Use Confusion on Bulbasaur! Out!"

Hoppip understood. It lifted Bulbasaur into the air, then, to Kent's surprise, sent the grass Pokemon flying out the window.

Renka grinned evilly. "Now, Hoppip, use Confusion on Chikorita to hold it in place!"

Before Kent could react, Chikorita was being engulfed in bright blue light. It strained its body; it couldn't move a muscle.

"Too easy," Renka said under her breath. "All right, Skorupi! Pin Missile!"

Skorupi raised its stinger. It shot out several sharp, glowing needles. They flew into Chikorita, slashing and cutting up the leaf Pokemon. It whimpered.

"Chikorita!" Kent shouted frantically. "Use your Poison Powder!"

Chikorita couldn't move. But it didn't need to in order to spray its purple, poisonous powder into the air. Skorupi, of course, was not affected in the least. However, Hoppip squealed as it inhaled the poison. It started panting, and then crumbled down to the ground, barely conscious. Of course Poison attacks were super effective against it. Hoppip's Confusion released its hold on Chikorita. It sighed with relief as it found it could move again.

"Darn!" Renka muttered. She raised one Pokeball. "Return, Hoppip." She gritted her teeth. "Okay. No more playing games. Skorupi, use Poison Sting! Unavoidable mode!"

Skorupi shot out poison particles in every direction. Chikorita stumbled around trying to avoid them, but they pierced into it like needles anyway. There were too many.

"Quantity can be good sometimes too." Renka was grinning again. "Okay, Skorupi. Finish it with Pursuit!"

Skorupi nodded. A dark, sinister aura began forming around its tail. Then, with one, straight jerk, it shot it out at the Chikorita. The latter tried to dodge, but for some reason, it realized that it couldn't move properly. Its vision blurred. It cried out in pain as the Pursuit hit it. It fell to the ground. It gave one last twitch before it fell unconscious.

"Return," Kent said, sounding disappointed. He gazed at Renka from across the field. "You're quite strong, you know."

Renka twitched with annoyance. "Yeah, I know. Now hurry up and give me your stupid badge."

Strangely, Kent smiled. "You don't know that yet. After all, we both have one Pokemon left."

Renka frowned, puzzled. "What? Chikorita's out."

"I know," Kent replied evenly. "But when we started this battle, we both had two Pokemon, right?"

Renka looked at him disbelievingly. Is he saying…?

Kent grinned. "Who said Bulbasaur was out?"

Just as he spoke, a dark figure jumped in from the window. Pieces of shattered glass flew across the Gym. Bulbasaur stood, in front of its trainer, ready to fight.

Renka gaped. "But how? I thought…" Hoppip had most probably thrown Bulbasaur out the window as hard as possible. Not to mention that there were good chances that it would hit a building as it fell. But Bulbasaur hardly had a scratch. It didn't even look hurt.

"Bulbasaur's tough," Kent answered, eyes sparkling. "A lot tougher than Chikorita. Don't think you'll beat it easily. Bulbasaur's in a whole different league."

Tougher or not, it's still a Grass-type! "Skorupi, use Poison Sting!" Renka commanded.

"Bulbasaur, dodge it!" Kent ordered his Pokemon.

Skorupi fired a row of poison particles. Bulbasaur leaped into the air, avoiding the attack just in time.

"Now, use Leech Seed!" Kent yelled.

Bulbasaur, still in mid-air, grunted as a small seed sprouted from the plant on its back. The seed fell, landing on Skorupi's back. It screeched in surprise. As the seed cracked open, vines grew from it, wrapping Skorupi in a tangle of vines. Renka watched in horror as the vines began sucking the scorpion Pokemon's energy. It was weakening by the second.

"Skorupi, use Bite" Renka ordered, scowling at Kent.

Skorupi bit into a vine. It snapped apart considerably easily. Skorupi started slowly gnawing at each vine. Finally, it shook itself, as pieces of torn vines fell to the ground.

"Ha," Renka murmured.

"Impressive," Kent said approvingly. "But not good enough. Bulbasaur, use Razor Leaf!"

This time razor-sharp leaves flew out of the Pokemon's bulb. They spun towards Skorupi.

"Skorupi, use Pin Missile," Renka said, half-distracted. She had noticed something interesting.

The scorpion Pokemon released a series of sharp needles. They flew into the leaves, exploding as they collided. They were an even match.

"Skorupi, use Pin Missile again," Renka ordered.

Skorupi repeated the process. It shot out the missiles more forcefully now, hoping to hit Bulbasaur.
    "Bulbasaur, guard with Vine Whip," Kent said, grinning.

Two dark vines grew out of Bulbasaur's back. The latter waved them around, easily deflecting the Pin Missile attack, only slightly wincing at the pain.

However, for some strange reason, Renka was smiling. "I've got you now," she said slyly. "Skorupi, use Poison Sting! This time, aim for the bulb on its back!"

Skorupi shot out the largest number of particles yet. There were so many that they made the room slightly purple. They all flew in different directions, but they were all aimed at one single thing. The bulb.

Kent panicked. "Bulbasaur! Use Leaf Storm!"

Renka watched in amazement as thousands, maybe millions of sharp, green leaves flew out of Bulbasaur's back. They spun around in a whirl of wind, destroying all of Skorupi's poison needles.

"Skorupi, do it again," Renka said flatly.

Kent stared at her like she was crazy. Skorupi nodded, and with a bit more difficulty than last time, created the same amount of poison particles, then shot them all out towards Bulbasaur's bulb.

"Use Leaf Storm again!" Kent yelled nervously.

This time, less leaves shot out of the plant Pokemon's bulb. It seemed like Leaf Storm's immense power came at a heavy price. Bulbasaur was panting, barely able to hold itself up with its shaky little legs.

"Now!" Renka roared. "Quickly!"

Skorupi fired out several thin, poisonous barbs. Kent opened his mouth to say something, but was too late. Bulbasaur, not having enough energy to dodge, yelped as a few poison needles struck its bulb. At once, it began trembling, then slumped down on the ground dazedly.

So it was its weakness spot. Ha! I was right! Now to see if my other theory works too…

"Skorupi, Pin Missile!" Renka shouted.

Skorupi jumped slightly into the air as glowing needles rained down from its stinger. Bulbasaur winced as the sharp objects slashed down at it.

Kent looked like he was in a frenzy. He wringed his hands, muttering about something.
    "Bulbasaur!" he ordered shakily. "Charge in and use Tackle!"

Bulbasaur seemed to let out a groan. Using all of its efforts, it heaved itself up. Staggering, it tried to find its balance. Then, when it was stable, it started charging at Skorupi.

"Skorupi! Avoid close combat!" Renka advised. "Jump up and get behind him!"

Bulbasaur attempted to slam itself into Skorupi. The scorpion Pokemon managed to jump at the very last moment. It landed behind Bulbasaur.

"Good, now use Poison Sting to hold it in place!" Renka commanded, having an idea.

Skorupi looked surprised, but obeyed. It shot out four particles, each pinning Bulbasaur down.

"Now move back. It might break free and Tackle you again," Renka told it. Skorupi skidded a few feet away. "All right." Renka took a deep breath. "Skorupi. Do it."

Skorupi jumped, startled. But, seeing the serious look on its trainer's face, it braced itself. Purple energy began accumulating around its tail. It concentrated every drop of energy it had into its stinger. Then, as Renka nodded, it fired. The gigantic, poisonous needle flew out, shooting towards Bulbasaur at an incredible speed.

"I call this Venom Sting," Renka whispered.

It pierced Bulbasaur's bulb completely, even managing to crack the ground behind it. Bulbasaur screeched at the intense pain, then fell unconscious at once. The poison dispersed into the air, breaking into tiny purple shimmers. Kent looked dumbfounded.

"Well? Now do I get my badge?" Renka asked, a grin spreading on her face.

Last edited:

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Yay. Imagine the number of badges Winter would have. :P That'd be enough to fill up her room.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back