• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Pokémon Journey Never to Forget

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2014
    A Pokémon Journey Never to Forget
    Chapter One
    New Friends

James Mitchell awoke with a start, opening his eyes to let the sun shine in. Suddenly he realised the date. It's the 25th of January! James's birthday! He jumped out of bed before running down the driveway to the letterbox. James waited, waited and waited, before a group of Pidgey rounded the corner. James smiled, more so grinning, as the group of Pidgey rounded into his driveway, before stopping at his letterbox and motioning towards James.

"Pidge" The Pidgey cried, pushing his leg forward. James grabbed the magnificent package from Pidgey, before thanking him and running inside. James jumped into his bedroom, pyjamas still on, before ripping open the package.

'Congratulations', it wrote. 'You have just turned 15, allowing you preference to become a Pokémon Master. Please find enclosed the date, time and location of the next meeting, where you will be assigned your very first Pokémon. With kind regards, Professor Oak, Pallet Town.'

James grinned from ear to ear, before reading the date and time. 12:01pm, January 25th, Professor Oak's laboratory. James's smile faded. It was already 11:00am on his birthday. That's only an hour to make the trip to Professor Oak! James jumped up from his bed, pulling on his clothes before running out the door. Running as fast as possible, James sprinted around the corner, turning into a side street, before rounding the corner again to finally see Oak's house in the distance. James checked his watch, making sure he was still on time. He was, it was only 11:30am.

James began to slow down, realising the crowd was only very few reporters and other trainers, waiting for their first Pokémon. James slowed to a walk, before turning his head suddenly at a sharp noise. James turned around, noticing a small Pokémon on the ground, being pecked at by a few large Pidgey and a Pidgeotto. James turned immediately, rushing to the Pokémon's aid. James waved his hands about as much as possible, making loud noises white yelling. Obviously James was getting further from Oak's lab because no one could hear him. James jumped down a few rocks, before kicking dust at the Pidgey and trying to grab the Pokémon underneath the pile. James looked up and locked eyes with a man, about his age, who was obviously conducting the attack. The man fled as soon as James approached, sprinting away quickly.

James reached down, grabbing the very small Pokémon. The Pidgey waded away, followed by the Pidgeotto, followed by the trainer. James cradled the Pokémon in his arms, before removing his jacket and wrapping the Pokémon in it to keep it warm. The Pokémon was still breathing, although his voice was shallow. James slowly brought the Pokémon with him to Oak's lab, which by this time was quite empty, considering it had much surpassed 12:01pm. James checked the time. He was only 15 minutes late, so he opened the large silver doors of the huge lab and stepped inside eagerly.

The lab wasn't as big as he had thought it would have been, although it was still quite large. James ducked under a small Zubat flying around the roof, and walked into the room where the noise was coming from. James stepped inside, noticing there was a few reporters, three Pokéballs and Oak standing at the pedestal, talking into the microphone. James stepped inside, and was immediately greeted by murmurs and low talking. James looked around, before stepping up to the stage.

James approached Oak. 'James! Happy…' Oak stopped mid sentence, noticing the bundle in James's arms. 'James, what is that?'

'I have no idea Professor, he was being attacked by Pidgey outside, and, well, here he is.' The small Pokémon moved in the bundle of warmth. 'I don't know what it is, but he's much too small to be in the wild.'

'James, this is amazing. How did you actually fight away the Pidgey?' Oak was impressed.

'To be honest, I made a lot of noise and kicked some dirt around…' James smiled. 'It wasn't much, really'.

Oak was more than impressed. 'Ladies and Gentleman, this is what being a Pokémon Professor is all about. James, I knew you were one to watch when I met you almost 10 years ago. Playing with your plastic Pokéballs, throwing them at the television.' Oak smiled as James blushed. 'James, welcome to my lab. After all you have done, I would like to make it my privilege to allow you first pick at your first Pokémon.'

James was shocked, but as he looked over at the other three trainers, his face fell. 'Professor, these trainers were here first. I would like them to pick first.' Oak was taken aback by the comment.

'Are you sure, James?' James nodded. 'As you wish. Trainers, please select a Pokémon, receive a Pokédex next to them, and get acquainted with your new best friend.' Oak smiled as the two young boys and one girl grabbed a Pokéball each, releasing their Pokémon into the air. Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur jumped out, affectionately rubbing against the legs of their trainers. The media took pictures, but not only of the trainers. Of James as well. He was thrilled.

Oak bent down a little bit, whispering into James's ear. 'James, what you have done today is no less than amazing. I would like you to meet me in that room over there in 5 minutes.' Oak pointed to a small door on the right side of the lab. He than shook the hands of the other trainers, before entering the room.

The crowd faded as the three trainers, Pokémon in hand exited the lab as well. James hung around, petting the small Pokémon with his finger on the head while it slept. James waited until the crowd subsided, before stepping forward and opening the small door that led him into the room where Oak was sitting.

'Welcome, James. I have a surprise for you.'

James was the most excited he had been all his life.

Back