• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Should I Start a New Game?

Should I start a new game?

• Total voters

Pichu52

Team Aqua Member
Years
  • OKay, I am thinking about starting a new game. Right now on my game I have Pokemon in my team are all level sixty and seventy, I have 109 Pokemon and I am unsure if I should start a new game.

Codecrakr

My mother never hugged me.
    Years
  • I say no. Try to catch everything and do everything. After you do all that, if you still want to start over, go for it.

FireFox

Dialga Fangirl
    Years
    • Age 37
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 24, 2018
    If you can afford it, buy the other version to the one you've got. That way, you can start again and keep your Poke squad. This is what I do.

Codecrakr

My mother never hugged me.
    Years
  • Now that's an idea. Unfortunately, I'm broke, so I'm reduced to using an AR to get the Pokemon I can't get naturally. I'm so ashamed...

Neko Keeshi

ub3r l33t n00b
    Years
  • Tisk Tisk.... But I say start over. The fun part of the game is to hunt for your pokemon and train them! Do not give into the dark side and cheat and find your way! Trade with people, make new friends! Train up your pokemon and WIPE THE FLOOR WITH THEM! Be. The. Master.

Philbro

The One For You!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • U.K.
    • Seen Aug 2, 2010
    I Say Yes:

Its a great way to start again and get a enw pokemon see what other pokemon you can catch. Maybe you might find a shiny or a rare one you could not. Or when you in teh union room you might find somone new (i meet a new friend in tehre yesterday so cool)

KaeL

Nooblet
    Years
  • Well, Try to get all the Tm's, All the pokemon ( WHich means go to the nintindo events ) With out cheating.

Desaparecidos

[Bright Eyes]
    Years
    • Age 39
    • mass
    • Seen Oct 15, 2004
    FireFox said:
    If you can afford it, buy the other version to the one you've got. That way, you can start again and keep your Poke squad. This is what I do.

that's what i do too! i wanna get Pokemon Box so i can store all my Pokemon i really really want, and then be able to start over other games =D

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Well, if you don't want to continue near to the end and complete your PokeDex (as much as you can at least), then by all means start again. If you do want to try and complete your PokeDex, then restarting isn't exactly going to be the best thing in the world to do is it? XD

Pichu52

Team Aqua Member
    Years
  • I started again. I mean at the end of the game it's so boring to try and catch all of the Pokemon because there really isn't a stroryline anymore. So I did restart and make a new game.

Star Crossed Dreamer

Protector of the Chosen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2009
    It was really up to you because you decide what you want to do. I started over from the beginning (meaning from Red version up to Emerald).

Stuffman

Banned
    Years
  • i say that you should give all your usefull pkmn to a friend then start over, that way you wont have to lose all of your pkmn!

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2007
    I say no. I mean, just think of all you have been through with your Pokemon. I don't like to restart my games, I like to keep the friends I have made in them. Just think about the hard work you put into training them, and the battles you've won. I would not, and will not ever restart my game. Even though I only began yesterday, me and my female Bulbasaur, Serenity, and my male Pidgey, Orville, are goin' all the way! ^_~

~Kelsey

cigarettes

Pokemon Slate Creator
    Years
  • I say NO
    You should train them more catch the rest of the pokemon trade with people for the other ones get the most out of your game
    and get lots of CASH $)

Pichu52

Team Aqua Member
    Years
  • You don't have to post anymore, I already restarted. I mean sure you like the pokemon you have but still come on you have to admit the end of the games are always boring! :P

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2005
    Sure

If you want to start a new game sure go head there is nothing wrong with starting all over agian. Thats the fun part about the pokemon games but i do wish that they made it for that you could have 2 save games on the pokemon games.

Kitty

Back