• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What comes to mind...

Exon

Hacker in Training
Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2010
    When you think about rare, non-legendary, pokemon? (Trying not to include DPP pokes yet or starters btw)

-Eevee
    -Chansey
    -Beldum
    -Lapras

Those are what immediately come to mind. So, what about the rest of you?

Years
  • Let's see:

- Eevee: Before D/P/Pt, it was always obtainable as a gift.
    - Porygon: Because it was very expensive to buy.
    - Kabuto and Omanyte: Back in the old days, you could only get one or the other unless you trade with somebody. Aerodactyl was lucky since you get the Old Amber as your second fossil.
    - Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan: Exact same reason as Kabuto and Omanyte. You only can pick one of them in R/B/Y.

Asgard

Why you little...
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 31, 2020
    The thing that first came to mind for me was Absol :> I dunno why, though. Probably 'cause I've always wanted one, but I'm too lazy to actually get up and find one. 8D;

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Pikachu was quite rare in veridian Forest in Red/Blue, I guess. :\ Funny how loads of people say Scyther, but dont say Pinser. :P

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    Absol, Scyther, Pinsir, Heracross, Chansey, Feebas, Relicanth and Clefairy.

I don't really count gift pokémon, since they're readily available.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I always think of Eevee, I always looked forward to receiving one so I could decide which evolution path I'd choose for it. Normally it resulted in a Flareon for me.

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Anorith, anyone? It's the last pokemon that would look "normal". Anorith has even made less anime appearances than Armaldo.

I also thought of Lapras and Spiritomb right away-

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I automatically thought of Dratini, because i wanted one but always failed at the slots and didn't feel like forking up enough Poké to buy one.

Last edited:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Feebas and Chimecho are the first to come to mind.

*recalls the several weeks it took to acquire them in R/S*

Back