• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen FireRed Team help?

Years
  • Ok so I re-started a game on my FR and have been takeing it slow for a bit as its been awhile since ive played. My total time so far is only 5:45 and I have only recently made it to Cerulean city. I have a 6 pokemon team now and am training a bit before continueing i.e. battleing GARY/MISTY

Here is my team:

CHARMANDER(male) LV 20
    -scratch
    -smokescreen
    -ember
    -metal claw

PIKACHU(male) LV 15
    -thundershock
    -double team
    -quick attack
    thunder wave

BUTTERFREE(male) LV 15
    -tackle
    -sleep powder
    -poison powder
    -confusion

MAGIKARP(male) LV 13-yes i paid 500 for him haha
    -splash

NIDORAN(male) LV 15
    -leer
    -peck
    -focus energy
    -double kick

PIDGEY(male) LV 16
    -tackle
    -sand attack
    -gust
    -quick attack

So thats my team, I would appreciate any help such as moveset ideas, who youd get rid of and what youd replace them with, or just a rateing of what i have so far.

ALL HELP WELCOME!!!

Thanx CHARMANDER418

King!

better
    Years
  • I just say get rid if Butterfree, to get rid of the two flying types, and replace it with....a grass type. But that's later on, perhaps Odddish/Bellsprout(I think Oddish is for fireRed), if you want to start training him early.

EDIT: That way, there's....

Electic
    Fire
    Flying(x3)
    Normal
    Water
    Poison(x2(?))
    Ground
    Grass

Which...probably means you should get rid of Pidgey, seeing as you have Gyrados, and Charizard.

Sebastien Loeb

Motorsport Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    I believe that you have mistaken section, when a moderator will arrive he will move your topic.

Banned
    Years
  • Nice Team Train pidgey up a little and before you take on misty raise a grass type I suggest oddish will do you can dump it afterward.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I say get em to level 25-27 before fighting misty. I always did that.(maybe I over leveled coz I didn't kept pikachu in my team everytime I played!). Leave that Butterfree and keep that spot for maybe an HM slave or some good pokemon you will get in the future.(Dragonite,Scyther etc). You can replace pikachu afterwards with a jolteon as its much better than raichu. For now you will be fine if you train till lv 23.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2009
    i reckon all you need to do is get that charmandar evolved and you would be all set. I got through Gary an misty with one level 23 charmeleon.

Back