• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Common = Uncommon

Years
  • Yup. I find that all those pokemonyou find early on in the game (yup, letme list them: Pidgey, Catperie, Ratata, Weedle, Hoothoot, Tailow, Starly, Bidoof) and all those that are cave-dwellers and are annoying (Geodude, Zubat, maybe machop. its noot common but you never catch it -_-) and those sea guys (TENTACREUL!!!!11!!!1!!!111!!!1!1!) arenever caught. we just flee flee fleee. now, dont quote me, cuz i know SOME ppl catch em, but they dont get much locin. Especially the cave guys! Geodude and Zubat are USEFUL! so, since nobody catches these pokemonz, they are uncommon (to the playing world)

so what is uyour opinion on this? do you catch common uncommon pokemon>? or not?

i usually didnt. if it wasnt the bird, then it was nothing. but in my last plaitnum playthrough i used Zubat and Machop.

Last edited:

Ayselipera

As annoying as Tentacool and Zubat are their evolved forms are pretty decent. They've ended up being some of the best pokemon I've used. Same for the bird pokemon that are in the beginning. The only common ones that never turned out that great are the bug and normals types.

Years
  • Yes I have used common pokemon before.
    As annoying as Tentacool and Zubat are their evolved forms are pretty decent. They've ended up being some of the best pokemon I've used. Same for the bird pokemon that are in the beginning. The only common ones that never turned out that great are the bug and normals types.
    Agreed.Except in emerald where you get Nincada early on.He's an actually good bug type.

Otherwise,the early pokemon are very useful actually.
    (Luxray,Staraptor,Crobat,)It almost becomes the backbone of your team.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I always use a Crobat and a Tentacruel on my final team, and I usually use a fully-evolved bug pokemon on my team at least temporarily to help in the first half of the game. :P

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I usually always use the flying type on the first route and maybe one of the normales just to get me through the first gym and then i say bye bye to bidoof and catch me a better guy. But I always keep the flying pokemon as they all rule.

Yams

Polursaring!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    I've been doing the Ultimate Monotype Challenge with Poison-type, and in every generation I have had a Tentacruel, and in Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh I have had a Crobat. I always avoided these guys before, but now I realize they are better than I thought, once they evolve. I still hate Zubats and Tentacool though.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I always catch them, but I hardly use them. A few exceptions would be Luxray and Staraptor in my Diamond team, however.

I did use a Beedrill in FireRed for a time before I could complete my planned team, and I had a Butterfree the last time I played Crystal (before it deleted itself), which was actually pretty handy. I'm planning on Noctowl in HeartGold, as well.

Poison Master Tox

Fierce Poison Expert
    Years
  • I hate Normal type pokémon, but I usually like somewhat common Pokémon. Zubat, Golbat and Crobat are love <3

But I strongly agree with what you're saying.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • The only common Pokemon I used are the following:
    Kanto: Pidgey and Ratatta
    Johto: Sentret
    Hoenn: Zigzagoon
    Sinnoh: Starly and Shinx
    But I catch all of the Pokemon regardless to complete my Pokedex

:t354:TG

Back