• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Darn that Raikou!

Purin

Crazy about Pink Hairdos
Years
  • *is playing Crystal version* I can't catch it, even after meeting it 4 to 5 times. Either it runs away, or when my Haunter uses Mean Look, and confuses it, it Roars my Pokemon away ==;; Speed cannot be a problem, my Haunter's at 103, and has the speed advantage most of the times.
    Any good tips? I have no problem meeting it, I can keep flying to the same town and go out of it in hope that I may get to be on the same route with it.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • A good way is to break the procedure into 2...

Method a)
    -use hypnosis first time, and it'll still run away asleep
    -the 2nd time you meet it, it'll reappear but still asleep (how do they do that? no idea). Use mean look on it now, and it'll be trapped and asleep.

Method b)
    -use something very powerful with false swipe, and swipe it once to let it run at 1 hp
    -next time, try to capture it

Purin

Crazy about Pink Hairdos
    Years
  • frostweaver said:
    Method a)
    -use hypnosis first time, and it'll still run away asleep
    -the 2nd time you meet it, it'll reappear but still asleep (how do they do that? no idea). Use mean look on it now, and it'll be trapped and asleep.
    Uh oh, I took off hynopsis on Haunter X_X

Method b)
    -use something very powerful with false swipe, and swipe it once to let it run at 1 hp
    -next time, try to capture it
    Maybe this will work better, but when I tried using Suicune (Lv 58) to cut down it's hp, which has a speed higher than Haunter's, Raikou ran away =P
    Whereas when Haunter (Lv 43) comes out to use Mean Look, it usually has 1-2 turns after that to battle with Raikou. Raikou keeps using Thundershock or Stomp, and stomp doesn't affect Haunter, which is kind of cool.
    I'll use method b, but what kind of Pokemon should I use against Raikou?

IceKitten

Sneasel! Ice Beam!
    Years
  • Raikou is the Pokemon you have to use the Masterball on, at least for me, it's so fast, haven't seen it in FR yet though >.< (I know you're not talking about FR/LG but hey)

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • Oo; I used the Master Ball on Suicune; I didn't know it couldn't run away. XD As for Raikou, I randomly encountered it south of the Lake of Rage. (Where I was stupid enough to give the Rockets 1,000P. XD) I used Mean Look, and it roared+ran. I repeated the process until it didn't Roar for some reason, and I put it to sleep. Then I False Swiped it twice, and it woke up, and roared+ran. Next time I found it, I threw an Ultra Ball right off the bat. That thing was mine.

Purin

Crazy about Pink Hairdos
    Years
  • That's so cool Kyogre-chan!
    Satoshi-kun said:
    Mmm... if you're lucky, the Fast Ball will do just fine. Master Balls are goog too, I guess. But the searching is what I find is the challenge..
    I used Master Ball, and it was ours (I share my game with my brother). I had forgotten how to duplicate the Master Ball, but lucky my brother hasn't, and he did it for me. In the end, I have 1 MasterBall left after getting all those legendaries.
    Searching was really fun, my brother had little luck but I had a lot, he met it 2-3 times while I met it 8-9 times...Twice at Lake of Rage below, About 5-6 times at the Ecruteak's Leftern Grass Area near that MooMoo Farm, and the last time, when I caught Raikou, was at the Route below MooMoo Farm, where that lady with a Meowth comes out to battle at night.
    The strange thing that I observed is that Raikou is easier to meet in the morning, and more active at night. Meet three other Pokemon in that Route it was on at night and it will instantly fly to another route. It's different somewhat in the morning. Even after meeting other Pokemon 4 times or more, it still remains on the route.
    Of all the times I met it, only one (that last one) was at night. It was very hard to get to meet it then =P

Back