• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lufia RPG games

Purin

Crazy about Pink Hairdos
Years
  • Has anyone played games by the name of Lufia?
    I love the storylines except the one in Lufia 2, where Maxim...uh nvm. My favourite will be GBC's Lufia: The Legend Returns And I like Erim of all the characters, and anyone else associated with her =P

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Remember, Lufia 2 is before Lufia 1, so of course it has to end that way. The important thing of it was the introduction of Arek, the Fifth Sinistral. You don't see him in 1, and I don't think you see him in 3. I guess they forgot about him...

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • I thought Lufia 2 was a fun RPG game to play for SNES, I didn't really play the first one but the beginning is basically where 2 left off, from the little bit I played.

Purin

Crazy about Pink Hairdos
    Years
  • SBaby said:
    Remember, Lufia 2 is before Lufia 1, so of course it has to end that way. The important thing of it was the introduction of Arek, the Fifth Sinistral. You don't see him in 1, and I don't think you see him in 3. I guess they forgot about him...
    I wonder what happened to that 5th one too, but it added to the storyline...
    What was Arek's title again? I forgot =P

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    They didn't really say in the game, but I read somewhere that he was going to be the Sinistral of Doom. That would've fit with the other 4 pretty well... Also, I read that they originally wanted to make a Lufia for one of the Next-Gen systems, like Gamecube or PS2 that was supposed to shed more light on that Arek guy. I guess he was trashed along with that plan...

Purin

Crazy about Pink Hairdos
    Years
  • SBaby said:
    They didn't really say in the game, but I read somewhere that he was going to be the Sinistral of Doom. That would've fit with the other 4 pretty well... Also, I read that they originally wanted to make a Lufia for one of the Next-Gen systems, like Gamecube or PS2 that was supposed to shed more light on that Arek guy. I guess he was trashed along with that plan...
    I see. I read on Wikipedia that the company that produced the games had financial problems on their way. Probably that's why he was trashed.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    The good news is Atlus picked up the Lufia title and is STILL working on it, so there is hope. We might see more of Arek in future installments. Plus, Atlus went back to PS2 and Gamecube games, so the next one might end up on one of those systems...

Purin

Crazy about Pink Hairdos
    Years
  • SBaby said:
    The good news is Atlus picked up the Lufia title and is STILL working on it, so there is hope. We might see more of Arek in future installments. Plus, Atlus went back to PS2 and Gamecube games, so the next one might end up on one of those systems...
    That will be good, but I don't have one of those systems =P
    btw I think that the cover picture of the GBC game is really lousy, they should have used the prototype I saw on a website the other day. I'll post the picture soon for everyone to look at.

Years
  • Purin said:
    I wonder what happened to that 5th one too, but it added to the storyline...
    What was Arek's title again? I forgot =P
    Arek the Almighty :P

This is one of my favorite RPG series :)

Years
  • Yes, he's called Arek the Almighty.

And you can't really tell people who the villian that isn't as evil as people think is, as it ruins half of the story of the games.

Back