• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestions On My Project?

davidthefat

I Love C++
Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    Pokemon Atomic Engine

5xoc5k.jpg

So Im making a game for my AP Comp Sci class and Im a Sophomore in High school and turning 16 in 1 week. I have been using C++ Since I was 12 and Game maker is so elementary.... So Im making a Pokemon game, but not the tradtional pokemon game. Kind of like the Pokemon mystery dungeon games. But more like a shooting game.

-2d Overhead View
    -Programmed in C++
    -Using the SDL API
    -Using Kanto Pokemon Only (That can change)
    -Using the Heart Gold/ Soul Silver pokemon sprites (the one following the trainer)
    -Making a Map Editor
    -LUA for scripting
    -Making a Custom Particle Engine for attacks like Flame Thrower

Im just making the game engine and map editor first and then using those to make the actual game. I just need suggestions on what Im missing out on. No suggestions on the story yet, just the game play and engine

Keep in mind, its all from SCRATCH, except the sprites and music (Im no artist or sound maker person)

And dont think its not going to get finished, Im doing it for a grade, LOL It has to get finished.

My Very Brief Pseudo Code
    2j0oav9.jpg

All Paths will have Male/Female

Normal:
    The Ambitious new pokemon trainer picking up a pokemon from a local Professor. Rival is the usual rival.

Team Rocket:
    A new recruit in the team, rival is the Police Force

Team Aqua:
    A recruit in Team Aqua, trying to defeat the local gang in town, the Team Magma

Team Magma:
    A recruit in Team Magma, trying to defeat the local gang in town, the Team Aqua

Police Force:
    A graduate from the police academy, You try to raise in the ranks and wipe out the gangs

Steven Apprentice:
    You are the apprentice of Steven, your goal is to gain fame and fortune to surpass your master, Steven

Last edited:
    Back