• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Pokecommunity Muse FanClub!

Which of Muse's Studio Albums Is The Best?

• The Resistance

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black Holes & Revelations

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Absolution

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • The Origin Of Symmetry

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Showbiz

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
  • ____________muse_logo.jpg

The Official PokeCommunity Fanclub

Welcome to the Pokecommunity's Muse FanClub. Here you can show your unadulterated love of, and appreciation for, England's best export since Stephen Fry. Muse are a three-piece alternative rock band from Devon, England and since their formation in 1994 have been conquering the world step by step with their unique, ever-evolving sound, their eccentric personalities and their energetic and extravagant live performances.

The Band

They have so far released 5 studio albums:

Showbiz (1999)
    The Origin Of Symmetry (2001)
    Absolution (2003)
    Black Holes & Revelations (2006)
    The Resistance (2009)

And 2 live albums:
    Hullabaloo Soundtrack (2002)
    HAARP (2008)

Black Holes & Revelations earned the band a Mercury Prize nomination and a third place finish in the NME Albums of the Year list for 2006. Muse have won many other music awards throughout their career, including five MTV Europe Music Awards, five Q Awards, six NME Awards, two BRIT Awards and four Kerrang! Awards. The majority of these awards have been attributed to their live performances.

The band's members are (from left to right):

Muse_faces.jpg

Matthew Bellamy - Vocals, Guitars, Keyboards, Lyrics

Christopher Wolstenholme
    - Basses, Backing Vocals

Dominic Howard - Drums, Percussion, Human Bones

And that's the band! This club is a place to discuss live concerts, different albums, hopes for the future of muse, individual members etc. As with all clubs however we must lay down the rules to ensure this club stays "pwoper".

The Rules

- Follow all PokeCommunity rules.
    - No flaming.
    - If debating things like song meanings etc. you must firstly respect other people's opinions and secondly follow the
    golden rule of debating. Don't mention Hitler.

The Musers (Club Members)

The Cynic*
    Cheesymitten
    Leafeh
    6NoNo9
    runner12326
    Raichu1988
    -
    -

*denotes club chairman

The Topics

Possible dicussions include:

- Setlists
    - Tour dates
    - Song meanings
    - New songs/albums
    - Favourite song
    - Favourite band member
    - Muse News!
    - Personal connections (eg. are you in a band that play muse songs?)

I hope you enjoy this fanclub. Welcome!

Muse+Band.jpg

Last edited:

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    I would like to join..
    Please?
    My favourite song by them is MK Ultra..
    There's no reason it's just comlpete genius.
    Oh and so is Hyper Music,
    So don't diss it.

The Cynic

Years
  • Welcome Cheesymitten and Leafeh! You are now club members. What's your favourite muse album and why?

Mine's is Absolution. It was much more riff-based and piano-heavy and the tracks worked incredibly well together. I love the themes of religion and desire contrasting with each other. While I obviously love their other albums they are not as good as that one. Kerrang! also call it the 2nd best album of the 21st century in a 2009 poll so I'm not the only one!

Also, my top 10 muse songs are:
    1. Knights Of Cydonia
    2. Uprising
    3. Ruled By Secrecy
    4. Hysteria
    5. New Born
    6. Assassin
    7. Time Is Running Out
    8. Supermassive Black Hole
    9. Invincible
    10. Glorious

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Fave album has to be Absolution, then OoS

I love what you did with the banner =D
    It's pretty cool.
    Did you make it?

Flamboyant

Girlpowershipping fangirl ♥
    Years
  • I'm so joining this club full of awesomness. :D
    My fav song... I'd say either Easily or Hysteria.
    (though there's also Map of The Problematique, Time is Running out, Resistance, I belong to you, hyper music, undisclosed desires... yeah, don't get me started xD)
    Fav album is a really hard question too, haha. I really love Absolution and Origin of Symmetry, but they're only an inch above the others, really.

The Cynic

Years
  • So what other bands is everyone into?

Also, the omnipresent question...

Are there any other bands that sound like Muse?

I'l answer the first one later... Though I notice Leafeh is in to The Killers, who I am also very much a fan of.

For the second one, I believe that its hard to find bands that sound like Muse. Radiohead are obviously very similar to Muse during their "Showbiz" era. After that they became more unique. Fear of Music, The Pinapple Thief, Pure Reason Revolution and IamX are all very similar to Matthew Bellamy vocally, especially the 1st one.

Any thoughts?

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    A few of the bands I listen to have been inspired and sound like Muse for example-
    In Case of Fire
    People in Planes

The Cynic

Years
  • @runner12326 - Welcome!

@Cheesymitten - I also love People In Planes. Favourite song by them? Mine's is "Vampire".

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Flesh and Blood.
    That song blew my mind when I first heard it, also another fantastic song by them is "Better Than Life", fantastic stuff..

@The Cynic-I saw those videos you posted on that "Do you write songs thread" I've never seen that piano vid =/ I've seen the guitar one though XD

The Cynic

Years
  • Flesh and Blood.
    That song blew my mind when I first heard it, also another fantastic song by them is "Better Than Life", fantastic stuff..

@The Cynic-I saw those videos you posted on that "Do you write songs thread" I've never seen that piano vid =/ I've seen the guitar one though XD

Thanks...

You might like some of these songs if you like those:

Biffy Clyro - The Captain
    The Cooper Temple Clause - Homo Sapiens
    Porcupine Tree - Lazarus (album cover looks emo, but couldn't be less!)

~Links are in text~

@Everyone

Anyone else, know any bands that you think sound like Muse?

Muse News!

New B-sides to single "Resistance"!

• Popcorn (Nicolas Gershwin Cover)
    • Prague (Mega City Four Cover)
    • Resistance (Tiesto Remix)

Listen here: http://muse.mu/media-player/singles/50/resistance/

Note: You need to be logged in to hear full versions. Its free to sign up anyway.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    I would love to join this club if it's still available. ^_^

Muse is definitely one of my top favorite bands, ever. I am in love with all their albums and my favorite song is Hysteria by far, but I also love Dead Star. My favorite from the new album is Undisclosed Desires. It's such a fantastic song. <3

The Cynic

Years
  • I would love to join this club if it's still available. ^_^

Muse is definitely one of my top favorite bands, ever. I am in love with all their albums and my favorite song is Hysteria by far, but I also love Dead Star. My favorite from the new album is Undisclosed Desires. It's such a fantastic song. <3

Welcome! Its good to see new members! Undisclosed Desires was probably the song that I expected most from The Resistance. Matt said back in the BHAR-era that future albums would sound a lot like Map Of The Problematique and so I sort of predicted something like Undisclosed Desires. I like it, but I prefer the more traditional Muse. I guess one of the most fundamental Muse axioms is that they are constantly evolving their sound.

Uprising was a huge surprise. I don't think anyone could have invisioned them making that kind of sound. It's very punk; it's very glam; it's very anthemic; its very whimisical. I just love it!

The symphony, regardless of how good it was, was a bit of a disapointment. When they announced the symphony, I thought it would be a 20-minute Knights Of Cydonia-style neo prog epic. Instead it turned out to be a 12 minute piano ballad with a orchestra. It was still terrific, especially Bellamy's falsetto in the 1st movement (the Overture); it was somewhat operatic and reminded me a lot of Micro Cuts and Showbiz, the 2 best examples of his vocal skill. It just wasn't what I expected and so let me down slightly.

Anyway, this is my intro to our new topics for discussion.

• What did you think The Resistance would be like?
    • Did it live up to your expectations?
    • What do you think the next album will sound like?
    I have already given my answers for the first two. As for the third, I just don't know. Muse are so unpredictable. I think it could be really classical, more synth-based dance, or another neo prog epic like Knights Of Cydonia. Most likely it will draw elements from all three, while still maintaining a few songs that are "classic Muse" in style. For example, in The Resistance the song Unatural Selection was kind of made for the fans of early Muse. It bears a lot of similarities to Citizen Erased (the sudden diminuendo) and New Born (the spidery riff). Muse might try out an accoustic-style album. They are fond of playing Unintended live recently and I think that Soldier's Poem sounded really quite profound when they stripped away all the effects and just had the drum and accoustic guitar with their vocals. Basically, I have no idea...

MUSE NEWS

And now for the Muse News!

Now you can get the Muse App! The app, which is available now on iTunes internationally features all the best bits of muse.mu plus some extras including...
    - Muse Map - All the global muse.mu information on a zoom-able map. See how many Muse members, images and tour dates apply to your city!
    - Gig Pics - Take a picture from your iPhone at a Muse show, tag it to the show you're at and upload it straight to muse.mu for everyone to see.
    - The Resistance - A special section on the new album including an AppBook, the video for Resistance, audio of United States of Eurasia and 30 second clips of all the album tracks.
    - Tour - details of all the forthcoming tour dates including links to buy tickets etc.
    - Feeds - RSS feeds of Muse News, Tour Dates, Muse Twitter, the band's Delicious Feed and MuseLive and Microcuts news.
    - Video Player - An integrated muse.mu video player featuring all the video content from muse.mu.
    - Forum - a iPhone/iPod Touch friendly forum skin for all you muse.mu forum users.
    - Background Switcher - pick your favourite background for the app from a selection of Muse designs.

To celebrate the release of the Muse App, they've got an iPod Touch pre-loaded with the app to give away to one lucky winner! To be in with a chance of winning simply email us your best Muse App related puns to [email protected], along with your name and postal address.

Examples of App puns are Apprising and App of Your Head.

Enjoy!

PS: Raichu1988 you are from arizona! Check out this link! They've added an extra tour date for Arizona! http://muse.mu/news/article/606/new-live-show-for-arizona/

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    The Resistance wasn't entirely what I expected, but I am not so sure what I expected considering I wasn't a big fan of BHAR. I liked The Resistance more, maybe because it sounded more like Absolution in some of the songs, and Absolution happens to be my favorite album by them. Uprising was amazing, and I can never get enough of that song. I love the lyrics, the guitar, the sound, the vocals.. great, great, great.

As for a new album, well, I'm not sure what I'd like to see or expect to see from Muse. Just the fact that every time they release a new album, it blows my mind! I can't really expect a thing because they're always raising that bar higher and higher for me.

Thanks for the info! I wish I could go, but sadly it's pretty far from me. A good 3 - 4 hour drive. Maybe I can still convince someone to drive me all that way because Muse live? That's something I've been wanting to do for years. T_T And those tickets are really not all that bad price wise!

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    • What did you think The Resistance would be like?
    I didn't know XD I actually thought it was going to be mind blowing
    • Did it live up to your expectations?
    Indeed it was, especially MK Ultra and Undisclosed Desires.
    • What do you think the next album will sound like?
    I would like some tracks like Bliss and Hysteria on their next album, that would be pretty cool.
    However I think they might go more synthy in their next album XD

The Cynic

Years
  • Anyone going to Muse's stadium tour this Summer and Autumn?

I would, but I can't afford... :cer_frown:

If so, what would your ideal set be?

I think they should tour with a full orchestra, like Serj Tankian did, and play the whole Exogenesis Symphony. The orchestra would aslo act as a backing.

1. Exogenesis Symphony Part 1 (Overture)
    2. Uprising - with the synth part played by the orchestra :cer_wink:
    3. Hysteria
    4. Map of the Problematique
    5. Resistance
    6. Apocalypse Please
    7. United States of Eurasia
    8. Feeling Good
    9. Invincible - such a stadium song!
    10. Starlight
    11. Exogenesis Symphony Part 2 (Cross-Pollination)
    Butterflies & Hurricanes
    13. Supermassive Black Hole
    14. Undisclosed Desires
    15. Time Is Running Out
    16. New Born
    ~Encore 1~
    16. Blackout or Soldier's Poem
    17. Unatural Selection
    18. Bliss
    19. Stockholm Syndrome
    ~Encore 2~
    22. Plug In Baby
    23. Knights Of Cydonia
    23. Exogenesis Symphony Part 3 (Redemption)

EPIC!

Last edited:
    Back