• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Journey to Pokemorph Island: A Choose your own adventure fanfic!

Years
    • Age 41
    • Seen Dec 17, 2007
    Enjoy folks After the Narrative and the Map descriptions, the end of the story will hold the situation in which you guys decide what happens next. Choose wisely, as you are the one who is carrying the direction of this story.

The backstory behind this is written in "Hidden Rage" further down, but the narrative below summarizes it.

----------------------------------------------

Welcome to the world of Pok?mon. Our world is inhabited by strange and facinating creatures known as Pok?mon, who live side by side with us Hum-

Oh wait, you know that part already, right? Sorry bout that.

This is the story of Jason, who was once an aspiring young Pok?mon Trainer, but was faced with a tragedy involving his first two Pok?mon. Heartbroken and saddened, Jason retreated into the deepest forests of the Hoenn Region.

Now, he concentrates on one thing: Survival.

What began as a small theft quickly brought Jason into the middle of a dark and twisted conspiracy involving Team Magma and Team Aqua. Even worse, a reunion with his long-lost sister was cut short as she too, was caught up in their plans.

It was not long before Jason witnessed the atrocities himself. Made up of kidnapped citizens of the Hoenn cities, an army of Human/Pok?mon fusions known as Pok?morphs, under the mindless control of both Teams Aqua and Magma, have been rampaging through various areas of Hoenn.

Even worse, a mysterious military organization from the Kanto region arrived, bent on destroying these Morphs at all costs, even going so far as putting the remaining human cities at risk.

After narrowly escaping the Pok?morph raid of Petalburg, Jason has resolved to find his sister and put an end to the madness. Can he do it before the menace consumes the whole of the Hoenn Region?

Jason has been joined by Kiru, a brave young girl from Petalburg City, and Derrick, a hot-shot Pok?mon Trainer who hails from the Johto region.

After escaping the clutches of the Military, Jason and his companions set off for Pok?morph Island, a strange new land which may hold many of the answers he seeks.

Years
    • Age 41
    • Seen Dec 17, 2007
    Map of the Lost Island of Selvis, now known as Pokemorph Island.

(This is the part where I link the map, but since i'm not allowed to put links here, i'll give it upon request. PM me if you want it. Below are descriptions of the various places within the story)

A bit of history: When Team Rocket began their Morph projects shortly after the failure of their Mewtwo project, they did not have the power and resources necessary to control such a large number of their creations. Eventually, these "free" Morphs rebelled against their Team Rocket masters. After that war, these Human-Pokemon hybrid peoples found and discovered this island, and settled here in hopes of a peaceful land in which to call their own.

At the same time however, a community of humans were going through some difficult times, mainly with their economy, and most eventually decided to flee the island. Some of these humans however, decendants of the Dark Warrior Selvis, were too prideful to abandon their home, and scattered into small tribes. While the Morphs who had arrived only desired peace between them and these "Selvites", their desires fell on deaf ears, as the humans had slowly degenerated into barbaric savages, and wanted nothing more but to kill these intruders. Since that time, Human and Pokemorph have waged many skirmishes across the island.

While the Morphs outnumber the Humans 5 to 1, the battles still continue, as the human's inherent pride allows them no peace. And this is where the saga begins, on this war-torn island...

A bit of descriptions for the places:

Jason's Landing - A small, lonely dock in which Jason, Derrick and Kiru make their landing as well as their first steps onto this strange new island. Not much else here except for a small clearing.

Wisp Forest - A mysterious, misty forest covering almost half of the island. The thin fog and flittering wisps which move about in this forest almost gives it an enchanting feel. Here, many Pokemorph children like to frolick and play in the closely guarded areas of the forest. There are however, a few outposts belonging to the Selvites which are constantly watched, and any possible threats from Selvite marauders are quickly dealt with. Wild Pokemon are also in abundance here.

Morph Mines - A large, rocky cave within the center of Wisp Forest. Here, many Pokemorph workers from Seaview City gather here every day, and mine various minerals and ores with which to function, sometimes as building materials, sometimes as food for the Rock-type morphs. This is the second most guarded site on the island, second only to Seaview City itself. The primitive Selvites have been unable to match the full-elemental fury of the Pokemorphs in this spot, making it almost unequaled in safety.

Temple of the Seer - A large, marble structure found in the Wisp Forest. It is said that here, the Seer constantly resides in deep meditation. A Morph of unsurpassed wisdom, she had called to Jason in a dream, with the intent of revealing his destiny, as well as the true, dark intent of the Hoenn crisis.

Seaview City - The pride and joy of the Free Pokemorphs. This great city, rivaling even that of Rustboro, is home to thousands of the creatures. What began as a small settlement for Pokemorph refugees, is now a thriving community. While they do have limited trade with certain organizations in the Kanto region, they are typically kept secret. Even so, these trading agreements have allowed this city to become a bustling metropolis. Here, Pokemorphs of all species of Pokemon live, work and play as normal humans do. While civilized Humans are very rare, the Morphs do not distrust them entirely, despite the attacks from the Selvites, as well as the memories of their experiences as Team Rocket's servant soldiers.

Bernostia Desert - A desolate wasteland, like almost any desert. The endless dunes and blazing sun above have made it so that only certain wild Pokemon have been able to adapt to the area. However, recent reports have placed a particularly angry Rhydon-morph here. Travelers go with caution, for this morph seems to hold no discrimination as to whom he attacks. Who he is and what he seeks is unknown.

Hermit's House - A lonely house in a desolate mountain range area that appeared many years ago. Not one resident of Pokemorph Island knows of its existance, or even who this reclusive "Hermit" is.

Gio Mountains - Named so after a mysterious man who appeared before the Selvites and offered aid to their battered life. What he did for them is unknown, except for the fact that it has given the Selvites the ability to continue waging war against the Pokemorphs. The man dissapeared shortly after into parts unknown.

Pokemon Graveyard - In the midst of the fighting between the Selvites and Pokemorphs, many indigenous Pokemon have been caught in the fighting, and these innocent creatures lost their lives in their skirmishes. This barren and sorrowful site has been forged in memory of these lost Pokemon, and is ruthlessly guarded by the twin spirits Mui and Mirou, in the forms of an Espeon and Umbreon.

Village of the Selvites - A large, primitive village in the southwest corner of Pokemorph Island. While Seaview City is a shining example of a wonderful future on this island, the Selvite's village is but the opposite: a grim look into a brutal past. Here, these humans live, hunt, plan their attacks on the Morphs, as well as bicker constantly among themselves as to what to do with the captured ones. The human residents, desendants of an evil but legendary warrior, are born with a strange and unholy strength inside them. This is but a curse as well, as this darkness twists them all into brutish, evil beings. This power unearthed itself from the humans when the Pokemorphs began to migrate to this island, as their wounded pride would not allow them to gracefully share the land. Since then, these Selvites desire nothing more than to slay every morph down to the last child. Humans who are not as thuggish and depraved as them are generally unwelcome as well, unless they've proven themselves as dependable Morph-killers.

Years
    • Age 41
    • Seen Dec 17, 2007
    The Seer awaits you on the island.

Jason had thought about this during the whole trip. It was a message which reached him in a dream just a night ago, just before he was brutally torn apart in that same dream. As Jason stood at the steering wheel at the helm of their stolen boat, he stared across the horizon of the sea. The sun was setting, combining a deep orange hue with the now-blackness of the ocean floor. The boat continued to speed along, cutting through the calm waves like a hot knife through butter.

Jason removed a set of papers from his jacket pocket. They had contained a bit of research in which Jason had done back in Rustboro. They hinted toward a man named John Ruval, who was apparently camped on this very island. Though there was little mention of the actual island, there was something rather disturbing about it: there was an attempt to keep the island a secret.

John Ruval, and this Seer. Both of these people were his goals. Despite the unknown dangers which likely awaited him, Jason had no choice. For his sister, Cassie, he had to press on. Jason however, feared the worst for her. "What if she...is among them now?" he thought, a somber look crossing his face. Jason did not relish the thought of doing battle with her mindless morphed form.

The tortured Jason turned his head toward the small cabin in the center of the boat. Kiru and Derrick were most likely sitting down to a meal together, picking from the boxes of rations they had hijacked along with the boat.

"Poor fools." Jason thought to himself as he stared back toward the ocean. In truth, Jason had envied his companions. He knew that they had not suffered nearly as much pain and heartbreak as he had. He felt rather guilty for bringing them into this mess, but in a way, Jason felt glad. Jason tried to picture them being among the countless others who were taken and transformed into mindless soldiers.

He couldnt however, as these were the only human friends he's had for seven years. He truly did envy their innocence, their light. In truth, they were what kept Jason from descending into complete despair.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The rest of the trip was rather uneventful. It took another night since the one before to finally arrive. The boat continued to pave its way toward Pok?morph Island, without a trace of much anything. Jason stood at the controls most of the time, as the dread and uncertainty of the journey ahead prevented him from sleeping and eating much.

It was the late afternoon when they had finally spotted land. Across the horizon, they could see a small clearing surrounded by a lush and dark forest. Jason immediately steered the boat toward it.

As they got closer, they could see a lone dock sitting at the edge of a small meadow. They could see no other living beings in the area as well, sparking the question as to why a dock would be sitting there in the first place. Moments later, they had landed. Here they were, a strange new land where a new adventure awaited Jason, Kiru and Derrick.

They had landed on Pok?morph Island.

The three quickly jumped off the railing and onto the rickety dock. Below them, they could hear as the waves shook the dock and crashed against the rocky floor underneath. Jason used a long, thick rope and tied the small boat to the edge of the pier. They had then moved across the dock and stepped onto the grassy meadow, where they faced an endless stream of forest, which seemingly glowed in the dark orange hue of the sunset above.

"So, what now?" Kiru asked.

"Well, I think it would be in our best interest to wait till tomarrow morning, huh?" Jason said. "We dont know what's out there, and it would be better to face it after a good nights rest. We could set up camp out here, it does seem pretty nice. And we can pig out on whatever food we've got in the boat, and give us the strength for the day ahead."

"Cool! I'll get the stuff!" Kiru said happily as she ran back toward the boat.

Jason stood on the grassy floor, staring at the forest. That's where they would be heading the next day, into completely unknown territory. Jason's hair and jacket seemed to flow from him in the soft breeze of the ocean shore. Just as Jason's mind began to drift off, he was suddenly interrupted by Derrick, who was standing behind him with a determined glare in his eye.

"Jason." was all he said, calmly and patiently.

Jason turned his head toward Derrick, his body still facing the forest. "Yeah, what?"

"Jason, since the first time we met, you've done nothing but put me down. I've done my best to please you, and nothing's been good enough. You still look down at me like some snot-nosed little kid, even after I risked my life to rescue you back in the Military base." Derrick said, his tone turning from calm to angry.

Jason, intrigued at Derrick's new attitude, turned the rest of his body and faced him. A slight grin passed his face as he stared into Derrick's eyes.

"So now that we've decided to wait till tomarrow to head into the island. Right now! Right here, Jason. I challenge you to a Pok?mon battle!"

"Derrick, i've already told you, i'm not inte-" Jason was suddently interrupted again.

"Yeah, yeah! I know what you're gonna say. 'I dont like using my Pok?mon for my personal fights', right?" Derrick continued to argue at Jason. Jason's face turned from a grin to a wide-eyed, shocked look.

"Well it sounds to me, that you dont give your Pok?mon enough credit. You say that I force my Pok?mon to do everything for me, right? Well you're wrong. My Pok?mon fight because we care about each other. They want to fight for me, to show that they care. Now if you care about the honor and integrity of your Pok?mon, you will accept my challenge!" Derrick yelled as he pointed firmly toward Jason.

"Derrick, stop this nonsense! You speak to me as if i'm a trainer, but the tru-" Jason was interrupted yet again.

"Dont give me that either! You are a trainer! You've only forgotten what it really means to be one!" Derrick's voice calmed down. "Kiru told me what happened to you, about how you started off on a journey, same as me. Then your two Pok?mon died from a disease, and it tore you up inside. You blame yourself, right?" Derrick said as Jason closed his eyes and slowly nodded.

"Jason, I grieve for you. I really do. But what happened was not your fault. Even so, you cant just let one bad experience stop you from anything. From what i've seen, you've still managed to raise some good Pok?mon. And if you can just remember, i'm sure you can pick up from where you left off seven years ago."

For the first time, Jason stood there, staring into Derrick's eyes, and hanging on his every word. For the first time, Jason truly listened to Derrick.

"Battle me. I will show you what it means to be a Pok?mon Trainer. I will remind you what kind of love it takes to allow your Pok?mon to battle in your honor."

Jason turned his back toward Derrick and took a couple of steps into the grassy clearing. Although Jason was too prideful to admit it, Derrick's words struck him in every sense of the word. He crossed his arms and took a deep breath. He then glanced toward his jacket, where his blade was concealed. "Not today." he thought. Today, Jason would not use his blade. Instead, Jason's hand reached into his jacket pocket...

"Derrick, I wholeheartedly accept your challenge." he said as he drew forth a Pok?ball.

Derrick grinned at Jason. At that moment, Kiru had run back toward them, carrying a couple of large bags over her shoulders. "So guys, you ready to set up?" Kiru asked.

"Not yet, Kiru. How would you like to referee our battle?" Derrick asked.

"What?! You two are gonna battle?! No way!" Kiru dropped her bags as her jaw dropped to the floor.

"Believe it or not, its true." Jason said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jason and Derrick took their positions across from each other on the grassy clearing. The sky had turned a hazy purple as it began to cross over into nightbreak. Kiru stood near the edge of the forest, near the middle of the grassy arena.

"Alright guys! This'll be a three on three battle! First to win two rounds wins the battle!" Kiru shouted. She had done the referee thing before, and was clearly versed in the responsibilities the position held. "Derrick, as the challenger, you choose your first Pok?mon!"

"Gladly! Get ready Jason! I'll show you a battle that you'll never forget!" he shouted as he tossed his Pok?ball into the ring. "Primeape, go!" he yelled with enthusiasm.

In a bright flash which illuminated the dark clearing, the hopping form of Primeape appeared in front of Derrick, eager to begin its rampage upon Jason's Pok?mon.

"Primeape..." Jason thought. This was the same Primeape that Jason fought alongside with against the Snorlax-morph, Yabba the Gutt, and his ilk. Jason gripped his Pok?ball. "Here we go then..." he said as he tossed his own Pok?ball into the arena...

Years
    • Age 41
    • Seen Dec 17, 2007
    "It's time, Gardevoir!" Jason yelled as he tossed his Pok?ball into the arena. Gardevoir appeared in a flash of light, her bright, red eyes fixated on the edgy Primeape opposite of her. Her tall, slender body stood proudly as she grinned at the Primeape, as if trying to say, "A Fighter? Come on Jason, is this some kind of joke?"

"Wow Jason! I didnt know your Kirlia evolved!" Kiru shouted across the grassy field. Jason, acknowledging her statement, gave Kiru a quick smile and nod, then turned back toward his opponent. "Gardevoir versus Primeape! Begin Round One!"

"A Psychic-type, huh? We can handle that, cant we Primeape?" Derrick pulled his blue hair back as he mentioned toward his own Pok?mon. Primeape continued to hop up and down like a hyperactive child. It then began to glare at the opposing Gardevoir with a look of vengeance, as if the very sight of a Psychic Pok?mon made it even madder.

"Gardevoir, you know what to do." Jason thought. Gardevoir nodded. Kiru and Derrick stared blankly at the pair, wondering if the nod was perhaps a nervous twitch. Gardevoir then raised its arms and closed its eyes. Just then, the scenery around them melted from a dark, nighttime blue to a shimmering crimson. Kiru and Derrick shook their heads wildly as reality itself seemed to twist and turn into this horrific image, as if they had been transported into a fiery pit. The forest behind them, as well as the ground below, began to erupt in a massive firestorm.

"Are you guys crazy!?" Derrick's screamed toward the pair as he darted about, attempting to dodge the flames. Kiru had collapsed to the ground as well, completely lost in a fit of tears.

Primeape broke its stare off of Gardevoir as well as illusionary flames began to engulf it. Primeape staggered and rolled around on the grass in a futile attempt to put them out. Jason and Gardevoir however, continued to focus on their supposed attack . "This is nuts, guys! Jason! Tell Gardevoir to stop this!" Derrick bellowed as a ball of fire burned his rear.

"That's it, Gardevoir. Show them. Show them my personal hell..." Jason thought, a dark look crossing his face. Jason's plan was working. He wanted Derrick to know that he did not fight like most trainers. He wanted them to know his anguish, his pain. Gardevoir, having the ability to tap into the emotions of humans, was the perfect Pok?mon for the job.

Jason didnt want to harm them. He only wanted to scare them.

Kiru continued to writhe on the ground, sobbing and looking very frightened. As Derrick continued to dash around in circles, Primeape, unable to put out its flames, got itself up and flew at Gardevoir in a psychotic fury, unleashing a flurry of raging attacks on the frail Psychic. Its braced arms and legs flailed wildly at Gardevoir as the Psychic attempted to remain focused on its burning illusion. Finally, Primeape, in a now-murderous rage, grabbed Gardevoir by her thin neck with both of its arms and tackled her to the ground.

The sudden attack caused Gardevoir to lose her concentration. The burning landscape faded away back into the dark night, the blue ground below calming down. As the illusion died, the scenery remained completely untouched. The grass and forest looked completely unscathed by fire.

Jason sensed this sudden interruption and opened his eyes, only to be shocked at the sudden sight below. Primeape had been sitting atop of Gardevoir's chest, her neck wrapped by Primeape's muscled hands. Primeape had been strangling Gardevoir, and Jason could see her large head sway back and forth, hitting the ground with each stroke. Jason could hear a gurgling sound coming from Gardevoir as it struggled to breathe. Immediately, Jason followed his natural instincts and drew forth his Pok?ball, "Gardevoir, return!" he shouted as he recalled his Pok?mon. As the form of Gardevoir dissapeared, Primeape, still in the sitting postion, fell softly to the ground on its buttside.

Kiru and Derrick stood there, awestruck and angry at Jason. Jason looked sadly at the Pok?ball in his hands. "Sorry bout that, musta got carried away I guess. Anyways, great job, my old friend!" Jason thought.

"Jason, have you gone completely insane!?" Derrick screamed at Jason in a hateful tone, even as he recalled his own Primeape back to its own Pok?ball. Kiru regained her composure as well, and continued to glare into Jason's eyes, "I'm proud to say that Primeape is the winner! And furthermore, I hope I never see that stupid Gardevoir again for long as I live!" she declared with an angry and irritated tone.

Jason slowly chuckled to himself as he pocketed the Pok?ball. "Oh you'll see her again, count on it, my dear." he said in a sly and confident voice. "Well looks like fear won that battle for you, Derrick. But dont count on any such tricks this time..." he said as he drew forth another Pok?ball, which he tossed into the ring, "Go Skarmory!"

The shining, metallic form of the steel bird Skarmory materialized above the field. "Skaaaaaaar!" it screeched into the night sky. It's sharp beak then pointed itself down in Derrick's position as it anticipated its next foe.

"Hmph!" Derrick grumbled to himself. "Skarmory, huh? Well in that case, Feraligatr, I choo..Huh?"

Derrick's declaration was interrupted by a sudden sight from afar. A few yards from behind Jason's position, he could see two small creatures poking from the ground from beneath a small bush. As Derrick focused his eyes, he could make out the creatures. They were tiny, furry and brown mole creatures. Derrick recognized them immediately. They were Diglett's, perhaps coming to the surface to watch the entertaining battle. Just then, Derrick got an idea as he drew forth a different Pok?ball...

"Diglett, I choose you!" he shouted toward Jason as he tossed the Pok?ball. The tiny form of Derrick's Diglett formed from beneath the ground below, which immediately popped itself to the surface. Skarmory took to the ground, landing with a small thud using its sharp, iron talons. Skarmory then peered at the tiny Pok?mon below him.

"Huh..." Jason muttered as he smiled. "Hey Skarm, remember that game we played at the Mauville Arcade? You always seemed to have a way and beat me, remember?" he said happily. With a cheerful look on his face, Skarmory turned and smiled toward Jason, "Skar Skar!"

"Good luck then! Better watch out, Derrick. Skarm's never lost a game of Whack-A-Diglett!"

"Is this a game to you, Jason!?" Derrick said as he shook his fist at him. "Go Diglett! Show that bird who's boss!"

" Skarmory versus Diglett! Begin Round Two!" Kiru announced to the battlers.

In a flash, Skarmory widened its broad, metallic wings and took to the air. Immediately, Skarmory dived toward Diglett's position, hoping to scoop it up from out of the ground using its beak. Diglett hastily ducked itself back into the ground just as Skarmory nearly landed. Skarmory then flew back and around toward the same position as Diglett reappeared from another hole. Skarmory, catching sight at the spot in which it emerged, prepared another dive toward Diglett. Diglett however, dove back beneath the ground as Skarmory climbed back into the sky to repeat the process.

As the battle raged on, Derrick turned his attention back toward the bush in which he had spotted the other two Digletts. They were still there, hopping up and down from their holes, cheering for their bold comrade.

"Skarmory, I dont think that's gonna work..." Jason yelled the suggestion as Skarmory was still high above the ground. Skarmory, hearing his trainer's call, dove back toward the ground and landed again with a thud. The speedy Diglett, having created many holes from its evasions earlier, ducked in and out of random ones around Skarmory's standing position as Skarmory himself moved its beak rapidly, trying to focus on its position.

"Its too fast..." Jason thought to himself. "I'd hate to break his game plan, but... Skarmory! Pick a hole and keep jabbing away at it!" While Skarmory acknowledged Jason's statement, he continued to focus on Diglett. Eventually, Skarmory picked the hole closest to him and its long, silvery neck dove itself toward it...

"Gotcha!" Jason exclaimed happily. Skarmory managed to catch Diglett just as it emerged from the hole, the Mole Pok?mon wiggling furiously while in the grasp of the bird. "Great job Skarm! Now toss it into the air!" Skarmory obeyed the command and swung his neck toward the sky, releasing the tiny, helpless mole into the wide air.

Jason, Kiru and Derrick gasped as this happened. This was truly a sight to behold, as most people have never seen what a Diglett looks like from underneath. Diglett's flying body revealed a set of increadibly sharp and serrated claws underneath its oval shaped form. There appeared to be about eight long, hook-like feelers stretching from beneath the body like a spider. The swung around rapidly as Diglett began to fall back toward the earth.

"That...is...disturbing..." Jason thought. "Skarmory! Shoot it down with Swift!"

Skarmory opened its mouth and let loose a stream of star-shaped particles toward the falling Diglett. Despite its small stature, the projectiles struck true. "Dig! Dig! Dig!" the Diglett squealed as it took the hits head-on. Fainted and exausted, Diglett then continued falling to the ground...

Just then, something trailed past Jason from underneath. Two trails of upturned earth zoomed past his feet and into the battlefield. They moved with lightning-speed toward the position in which Diglett was to land. At the very same spot where the Diglett fell toward, a circle of earth began to turn itself over. The falling Diglett then fell into the now softened-dirt with a quiet but dusty thud.

Jason, Kiru, Derrick and Skarmory stared for moments down toward the large hole which had just been formed in the middle of the ring. Derrick grinned as Jason was wondering what had just happened. Jason assumed he had won that battle. Diglett's normally have very poor constitution, known for its inability to take attacks, instead using speed and the cover of ground to battle its foes.

Just then, however, the ground exploded with a burst of light, which illuminated the field. The onlookers continued to stare and gasp. "Whats going on?" Jason and Kiru thought. Derrick however, stood smiling at the source of the bright light, happy and proud at what he thought might happen...

The light died down, and Jason jumped back at the sight of what had just emerged. Three connected Diglett's had emerged, slightly bigger from before. The three heads then looked angrily and vengeful toward Skarmory, who continued to peer curiously at the new formation.

"Trio Trio Trio!" they began chanting.

"Yeah!" Derrick jumped up and down for joy. "I knew this would happen! You cant win now, Jason! You're staring down the barrel of one angry Dugtrio!"

"Diglett's evolved form..." Jason thought, annoyed. "Enough of this!" Jason shouted as he pointed toward the field. "Skarmory, finish the buggers with our secret weapon !"

Skarmory nodded at the command. It then rose slightly into the air, and in an instant, completely dissapeared. Derrick and his new Dugtrio shifted around the field intently, but could not find a trace of Skarmory. In the next moment, Dugtrio was struck by an intense slash of wind, causing great pain to its frail bodies, which then fainted in unison. In that same moment, Skarmory reappeared in the exact same position it had risen from.

"Heh..." Jason said, peering down at the beaten Dugtrio. "Not even a pest like that is capable of avoiding Aerial Ace !"

Derrick stood, completely awestruck at the sudden development. Skarmory had just beaten Dugtrio in just mere seconds upon its evolution, using the speedy, unavoidable and notoriously difficult-to-teach Aerial Ace attack. Finally, Derrick drew forth his Pok?ball, "Dugtrio, come back!" he said and smiled as he recalled his Pok?mon. "You did great guys, and welcome to the team, Dugtrio."

Kiru raised her right arm toward Jason's spot, "Dugtrio is unable to battle! Skarmory ties the match!"

On the other side of the field, Jason had been standing by his Skarmory as he gently caressed his shining, sharp beak. "And people say that video games are a waste of time..." he said, grinning as he recalled Skarmory into its own Pok?ball.

"Jason..." Derrick said calmly as he drew forth another Pok?ball. "You should be proud of yourself: you just beat a Pok?mon trained by a top Johto League Competitor..."

Jason stood there, silent, staring squarely into Derrick's face.

"But this is where it ends! Feraligatr, I choose you!" Derrick shouted as he tossed another Pok?ball into the ring.

The massive, hulking, blue form of Feraligatr appeared onto the field. "Gay-TORRRRRR!" it bellowed loudly into the air, almost causing the whole area to rumble under its might.

Jason's eyes opened widely. For the first time during this battle, Jason's face actually showed a hint of fear and concern. He then glanced down at the new Pok?ball he had drawn forth. Without a word, he clicked on the center button of the ball, which caused it to open in his very hands. A stream of light came forth, forming the small figure of his gutsy Larvitar onto the arena.

Kiru then raised her arms toward the field, " Larvitar versus Feraligatr !" Begin Round Three!"

"Careful, Feraligatr! I know you have a type-advantage and all, but this Larvitar is tougher than it looks! Go in there and show her who's boss!"

"Stop!"

Derrick turned from Feraligatr back toward the field, and to his surprise, found Jason's green jacket lying in the spot between Larvitar and Feraligatr. Derrick then looked back up at Jason, who was now in his tattered white shirt, as well as the bandage covering his left arm.

"Wha-what are you doing?" Derrick asked.

Jason sadly looked down into the eyes of his Larvitar, who had been doing the same thing back at him. "I'm sorry Larvitar, I cant put you through this..."

Larvitar's eyes began to water as she smiled up at Jason, "Lar!" it said, sobbing as she jumped into Jason's arms, forcing him onto his rear.

Kiru stared at Jason, her jaw dropping down to the floor. Finally, she regained herself and said softly, "Jason has ended the battle in a forfeit. Derrick wins the match!"

Derrick sighed, still confused as to what was going on with Jason. Jason continued to sit there, cradiling Larvitar in his arms. Derrick quickly recalled Feraligatr, and both Kiru and Derrick raced toward Jason.

"I'm sorry guys." Jason said, still holding Larvitar tight. "I've never told any of you this before, but...Larvitar is not my legitimate Pok?mon."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You STOLE her!?" Derrick yelled angrily up from the docks toward the boat. The starry, night sky continued to shine above as a cool breeze began to blow from the ocean. Jason had been preparing his bed for the night, alone on the wavering boat.

"What did I just tell you?" a faint voice came from the hull of the boat.

"So what's this about? You're former Team Rocket or something, or you're just a freelance crook, huh?!" Derrick continued to shout.

"Come on, Derrick. Let's just go to sleep." Kiru said as she walked toward Derrick from across the dock.

"I swear, how could we follow along with this guy? He's been lying to us this whole time!" Derrick began to turn away from the boat and back toward the mainland. Derrick was then caught by surprise by an angry Jason, who spun him around and into his face. Jason then grabbed the collar of Derrick's shirt, and despite his short frame, forced Derrick onto his knees.

"Look, kid. I already told you, i'm not proud of what I did. I stole Larvitar out of revenge. I gave up the battle to a snot-nosed brat like you, only because I have not had a chance to connect with Larvitar like I have with my other two Pok?mon. And believe me, it really pained me to do it, because now i'll never get you to shut up!" Jason then pushed Derrick on his back and began to turn away.

"Wow, and you were just starting to grow on me, Derrick." Jason said as he climbed back up onto the boat. "Get some sleep you two. We've got a long journey ahead of us tomarrow." he said in an irritable tone. He then dissapeared into the boat's small cabin, never to be seen again for the rest of the night.

Kiru and Derrick began trotting across the dock, back onto the land where their black tents was already set up and waiting.

"Jason's really starting to scare me now..." Kiru muttered to himself.

"No kidding. Of all the people you could have been saved by. I mean, you could have been saved by the great Lance, or the mighty Steven Stone! But instead, you had to join up with a beer-drinking, psychotic loser ." Derrick ranted as they walked toward the land. Eventually they reached their tents, and wearily, began to crawl through.

"Good night, Derrick." Kiru said as she stepped in.

"Nite, Kiru." Derrick responded in kind.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morning had arrived. The sun above shone its bright light above Pok?morph Island, although the cool breeze that blew from the ocean remained from the night before, which caused the trees and grass to waver gently, bringing a soothing calm to the clearing.

"Wake up, everyone!" a voice from outside of the tents boomed.

Kiru and Derrick crawled through their respective openings, groggy as they rubbed their eyes. They awoke to the sight of Jason and Larvitar, who stood proudly above them. His mood seemed to be a little better, much to their relief. However, they immediately noticed something new about Jason's attire.

"Your...clothes?" Kiru struggled to say, still recovering from the effects of sleep.

"Yep, thought it was time for a change. After all, we're gonna be doing some rough adventuring from here on out" Jason said in response.

Kiru and Derrick looked up at Jason's new ensemble. This time, he wore a light, grey, button-necked shirt, along with a pair of loose, darker-grey sweatpants. His sneakers, formerly white, were now a pitch-black. A thin, silvery chain hung around his waist, acting as something of a belt. From the belt, hung a crude, black-leather scabbard, which contained his trademark Skarmory Featherblade, as well as three closed Pok?balls. The bandages on his left arm however, remained, as did his hair and glasses. He looked rather short and stocky for his age as he stood above Kiru and Derrick.

"Lets go, guys. I wanna get this show on the road."

Years
    • Age 41
    • Seen Dec 17, 2007
    The Wisp Forest was a beautiful and mysterious sight to behold. The thick canopy above them seemed to block any natural sunlight, which gave the forest something of a blue and misty feel. However, dancing lights began to flitter above them, which likely gave the forest the name of Wisp. Shrubs of various sorts littered the ground, as well as the deep, thick roots of the mighty trees. However, a small trail seemed to reveal itself for the travelers.

Jason and Larvitar cleared the path ahead, while Derrick and Kiru followed right behind. They could see various wild Pok?mon such as Caterpie and Weedle scurrying about, a sight in which Jason was very much used to.

"This forest, its like something out of a fairy tale." Kiru said as she curiously peered around the foggy forest.

"So, do we know where we're going?" Derrick asked Jason as he continued to blaze the trail ahead.

"Not really. I figure we should see something interesting eventually, and we can make our plans from there." Jason said. He kept his two goals in mind however: John Ruval, and the Island Seer. Jason knew not where to begin, but he was confident enough that they would be found, even if it meant scouring the whole island.

Jason's Larvitar suddenly perked up, "Lar!" it said with a jump.

"Larvitar? What is it? You hear something?" Jason said. Larvitar then nodded as it began to dash toward a small hill to the left of their path. Jason, Kiru and Derrick followed right behind.

The four peered through a thick shrub down into a small forest clearing. Jason drew forth his Featherblade and with both arms stretched wide, held his two human comrades back. He then crouched low and gazed into the clearing, hoping for a better look.

A battle! From Jason's view, he could see the faint figures of brutish-looking humans, swinging axes at a couple of other figures down below. Those were the only details he could make out from that high, however. Jason then slid down the hill and under another bush to get a better look.

He noticed as one of the hulking figures: bandits no doubt, was carrying a small, brown-skinned girl on his shoulder. His clothing, compared to the other humans in the group, looked a little less rustic as the others, suggesting him as the leader. He then glanced toward the battle. Five of the men had been doing the actual fighting, each of them wearing nothing but tattered pants, as well as wielding vicious-looking axes, which they swung overhead toward their foes.

Jason then moved even closer to get a glance at what they were fighting, as the humans had completely surrounded their opponents. Jason peered into the center of the ring...

Morphs! They were fighting Morphs! Jason's eyes widened at the sight. "I shouldnt be surprised..." he thought. "They dont call this Pok?morph Island for nothing." Jason looked in to make out the features.

One of the Morphs: a lithe and agile looking Raichu-girl. She wore a tight, white tanktop shirt along with baggy green pants, as well as green gloves to match. Her Raichu features were quite visible as well, sporting the long two-twined ears atop her wavy, blue hair, yellow cheek-sacs on her orange-skinned face, as well as the long, black tail that ended with the signature lightning-shaped yellow curve. Jason watched as she struck the nearest bandit with a flurry of electric-charged punches, throwing him at least ten feet from his position. Jason cringed as he saw the fierce attack: he'd hate to be on the recieving end of that!

Jason observed the second morph which fought alongside her. He had forest-green skin and short, white hair and wore a dark, grey shirt with blue jeans. Jason noticed a large and powerful crossed-horn coming from his forehead. "A Heracross-morph?" Jason thought. Just then, the morph spun around and struck a bandit clear across his face using a long, thick tail adorned with four round seeds. "Breloom?" Jason scratched his head as he tried to figure out what kind of morph he was.

The fighting seemed to go well for the morphs. They worked perfectly well together as they executed attacks upon the bandits using their special Pok?-powers in tandem with their human-side tactics. Yet for each one that went down, two more bandits emerged from the nearby trees and joined in. The morphs were clearly outnumbered here.

"These morphs are nothing like the ones back home." Jason thought. "They fight with passion and honor..."

Jason noticed as the leader-bandit stood out of the way of the battle, still carrying an unconcious Sandslash-child on his shoulder. The morphs were clearly on the side of justice here as well. But attacking the humans would mean betraying his race: Jason thought hard as to how he should approach the situation. Kiru and Derrick looked upon the battle from up-high as well. Jason knew that whatever he chose to do, they would follow suit.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is where you decide what happens next!

I really need you guys to read the Map Descriptions above as a reference to making your decision here.

The scenario : A group of bandits have kidnapped a Sandslash-child morph, and two of the resident morphs: a Raichu-girl and a Heracross/Breloom boy were lured into a trap in an attempt to rescue her.

Choose one:
    A: Jason joins in the fray on the Human's side.
    B: Jason joins in the fray on the Morph's side.

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
  • (I have to go in like 2 minutes) Hmm...I like stories like these. Tough choice..Maybe..B?

Logmon1

The one of many...
    Years
  • I chos you B HAHA!

can you ask to be a char in your story if so can you mack me a missingno morph?

Years
    • Age 41
    • Seen Dec 17, 2007
    "Poor, pathetic people..." Jason thought to himself as he surveyed the battle below. While the humans below were trying to win the battle with brute strength and numbers, the morphs on the other hand, fought with a grace unlike anything he's ever seen. Jason gazed in awe as the Raichu-girl swung her tail, slamming one of the bandits hard across the face, causing him to fall to the ground and twitch rapidly, likely as a result from her innate Electricity. The Heracross/Breloom morph next to her used the powerful horn on his head to repel the bandit's axes as well as counterattack by charging straight into the chests of the attacking bandits.

"Even if I am betraying my kind, from the looks of it, i'm not betraying a whole lot." Jason said to himself. "Get ready, Larvitar. We'll help out those Morphs." he said to the Pok?mon laying at his side.

As Jason and Larvitar began to charge down the hill and into the battle, he quickly counted the number of foes. There seemed to be about eight, including the leader bandit standing at the side, carrying the little girl on his shoulder. Three of them were currently struggling on the ground, while the other four attacked the morphs in a furious rage. These bandits did not look like they would give in anytime soon. "Put yer steel into it, boys! Take these freaks down!" the leader shouted.

Jason and Larvitar had reached the base of the hill and began to shout, pointing his blade toward them in the process. "Hey, you! Yeah you, the thugs!" The three grounded bandits turned their heads toward them. "Why dont you try picking on someone your own race?"

"Wha?" the leader turned to face Jason. "Get yer *** in there and spill some blood!" he yelled, assuming that Jason was one of them.

"Heh, with pleasure..." Jason said with a grin. Quickly, Jason dashed toward the fray and turned his blade downward toward one of the fallen bandits, and immediately plunged it into his chest. The bandit let out a gurgling scream and immediately fell silent. Larvitar jumped onto the head of one of the active bandits, causing him to lose focus and flail around wildly, easing the work of the fighting morphs. The two morphs took a second and glanced in Jason's direction. Jason looked up toward the morphs, and gave a silent nod toward them. The Raichu-morph in turn, gave a quick smile as they continued the fight.

Meanwhile, Kiru and Derrick had made their way onto the battlefield, each of them holding one Pok?ball each, which they tossed into the battle. The forms of Kiru's Parasect and Derrick's Persian materialized and focused their heads, waiting for the trainer's commands.

"Jason, we're here to help!" Kiru said with enthusiasm. Jason then removed his blade from a second bandit's chest. "You two, get the leader!" Jason shouted over the sounds of battle as he pointed his bloodied sword toward the leading bandit.

"What the hell?!" the leader groaned as he looked upon the two newcomers. The bandits were now the ones who were outnumbered. Two more of the bandits flew past him, beaten into submission by the two morphs. "This wasn't supposed to happen..." he said to himself as he prepared to flee into the forest, still carrying the girl on his shoulders. "Fall back, rogues! Fall back!"

"Not so fast!" the Raichu-morph shouted in a commanding voice. The bandit froze in his tracks and turned toward the morph. She then raised her gloved hand toward the leader and began to focus her electrical energy. Her hands began to spark as the power concentrated itself into a bright, yellow orb.

"Oh yeah, this's always fun to watch." the Heracross/Breloom morph grinned.

Kiru and Derrick glanced toward the morphs, their Pok?mon still at the ready. Jason, having just killed a third bandit, raised his head and gazed at the open space between the Raichu-morph and the leader bandit. The glowing energy from the morph reflected off of Jason's glasses, blocking any sight of his eyes.

Just then, the morph let loose her fierce attack. The lightning streamed from her and twisted itself into a bolt which drove itself straight into the bandit, causing him to fall to the ground and shake wildly, as well as illuminating the forest at the same time. He began to glow a bright blue as the electricity coursed through him, preventing any hope of mobility. Kiru, Derrick and Jason gazed at the bandit, and then toward the morph, a look of anger crossing her face as she continued to focus electricity into the dying leader. The child he was carrying fell to the ground on her stomach, surprisingly unaffected by the Raichu-morph's power.

A few moments later, the attack stopped, and the forest itself returned to normal. The bandit fell to the ground, smoke flowing from his body. The bandit itself coughed up a few puffs of steam, and then went completely lifeless.

Jason stood there, completely frozen in awe. "That power...it is unbelievable..." he thought to himself. "Note to self, do not fu** with these island morphs..."

Derrick and the Heracross/Breloom-morph ran toward the fallen child which the bandit was carrying. Both of them worked together to sit her up. Derrick placed the palm of his right hand onto the child's neck. "She'll be fine. Just roughed up a little." Derrick said. The worried look of the Heracross/Breloom-morph quickly faded into a happy smile.

"That was, wow! You're amazing!" Kiru shouted as she ran toward the Raichu-morph. The morph glanced down at the cheerful human-girl and gave a smile. "Hi there! My name's Kiru! You were awesome!" she said as she continued to hop up and down.

"Hello there. I'm Myst, and this is my friend, Kiddo." the Raichu-morph said with a smile, waving her hand toward the Heracross/Breloom-morph. "Thank you all for the help. It's rare to see reasonable humans on this island nowadays."

-----------------------------------------------------------

The humans and morphs had gathered in a small, forested clearing. They sat upon a circle of fallen logs and around a small campfire. Myst and Kiddo sat facing Derrick and Kiru, while Jason and Larvitar sat in between them. The Sandslash-child they had recently rescued remained unconcious, taking a nap at Jason's feet as he began to clean his Featherblade.

"This is Sandy." Myst explained, mentioning toward the Sandslash-morph. "Her and her father arrived on the island recently, but something didnt feel right about them."

"They seemed...out of it." Kiddo interrupted.

Jason glanced down at the sleeping child. She didnt look all that different from any of the morphs that he had encountered during this ordeal. He then turned his attention back to his Featherblade as Larvitar looked up at him curiously.

"Think she could be a mindless one?" Derrick asked.

"Possibly..." Jason said, not giving Derrick a second glance. He couldnt think of how two morphs from Hoenn could make their way here easily.

"Anyways, her father left the city a day after we found them, unconcious on the beach. Kept muttering something about 'Team Magma', but that's all he said that made any sense. We tried to help him, but no one in the city could stop him from rampaging his way out. He was a pretty powerful Rhydon-morph in either case." Myst explained.

"A day after that, she woke up." Kiddo said as he pointed toward Sandy. "She went nuts too, and ran out, same as her father. We tried to follow her, but the Selvites got to her first."

"Selvites? What's that?" Kiru asked.

"Those bandits we fought just now." Myst explained again. "A race of dark humans, they live in tribes all over the island. They can tap into the darker forces around them, and draw strength from it. They also want nothing more but to kill every one of us."

"Nuff about us though. What're you all doing here anyway? You're definately not Selv from where i'm sittin'" Kiddo asked.

"Jason took us here." Derrick said. "Its a long story, but we're facing a crisis back home. Morphs everywhere, but nothing like you guys. They're all either mindless or evil, created by Team Aqua and Team Magma, and they're destroying everything as well as transforming anyone else they come across into morphs."

"Wow..." Myst said with shock. "That's the Team Magma the guy was rambling about."

"That's right." Kiru said. "Jason said he might have found something that could help us deal with the problem back home, and it happens to be somewhere on this island."

They all took a glance at Jason, who's hardly said a word during the conversation. Jason continued to stare into space, a strange look crossing his face. "Jason, you okay?" Kiru asked.

Jason snapped back into reality. "Yeah, i'm fine..." was all he said.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Jason, Kiru, Derrick, Myst and Kiddo traveled as a group down a worn path in the forest. Kiddo carried Sandy on his back as Jason and his Larvitar scouted ahead, clearing the path with his blade. A couple of hours later, they had emerged into a small, grassy clearing, where they could see the bright, blue sky. They emerged out of the forest and onto a small hill, overlooking a bustling metropolis of a city.

"There it is, guys. Seaview City." Myst said. Kiru and Derrick moved a few steps in the city's direction, where they gasped as they admired the view. "It's so huge!" Kiru exclaimed.

"City of the Morphs." Kiddo said. "I'm sure after we tell them what happened, you guys'll be accepted as well."

"What're we waiting for! Lets go!" Kiru said happily as she grabbed Derrick's hand and raced toward the city. Myst and Kiddo followed right behind, while Jason and Larvitar stood still, not moving an inch at all. Kiru finally noticed and ran back toward Jason.

"C'mon, Jason! What are you doing standing there?" Kiru said.

"You guys go ahead..." Jason said solemnly. "I've got work to do."

Myst, Kiddo and Derrick stopped in their tracks to look toward Jason's spot. "Jason, what do you mean?" Derrick asked.

"Listen, you guys go ahead and have fun. Every minute I waste here, more of whatever the morphs back home are planning gets accomplished, making the job of stopping them all that harder." Jason said as he began to move back into the forest. Myst and Kiddo stared at him blankly as he decided to leave them. Kiru stood for a few moments and raced back into the forest with Jason.

"C'mon, Jason. What's really wrong?" Kiru asked as she tugged on Jason's loose sweatpants.

"Kiru, I want you guys to go with the morphs." Jason said. "Go have fun, learn what you can from them. Heck, you may even find something useful about them."

"Jason, is there something you're not telling me?" Kiru asked, a look of concern crossing her eyes.

"I dont think you can understand..." Jason said coldly. "I would not fit in with that city...and frankly, I dont even want to try..."

"Jason, are you telling me that-"

"Think nothing of it..." Jason said. "Now go on, i'll be back for you as soon as I get what I came here for." With that, Jason and Larvitar continued on into the forest.

"Wait!" Kiru yelled as they had moved deeper in. Jason and Larvitar stopped and turned their heads to see Kiru running back toward them. "Derrick wanted to give you something."

"Hmm?" Jason said with a curious tone.

Kiru then reached into the pocket of her green dress. From it, she pulled out a small, white package wrapped in tissue paper. Jason accepted the gift and carefully pulled it open.

"Empty Pok?balls?" Jason said as he pulled out five of the small balls from the package.

"Yes. We both think you should get back into Pok?mon training, and for that, you'll need a full team of Pok?mon, right?" Kiru said. "It looks like there are lots of wild Pok?mon around the island, maybe you should capture a few."

Jason nodded and reluctantly accepted the gift, and placed the balls into his own pocket. "Heh, looks like I have some catching up to do. Seven years to be exact."

Kiru then raced back toward the city on the other side of the forest. "See ya soon, then!" Kiru said as a goodbye. Moments later, she dissapeared through the forest exit completely. The last, distant words Jason could hear from his friends were, "So guys, wanna have some fun?"

----------------------------------------------------------------

Jason grinned down at his Larvitar, who looks just as eager to hit the road as he did. "So this is it, huh?" he said. Larvitar gave a mischevious smirk toward Jason, "Lar!" it exclaimed.

And so they both continued down the Wisp Forest trail, ready to show the Island of the Pok?morphs what they were truly made of.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Situation: Jason and Larvitar (as well as his two other Pok?mon of course) have begun their true mission on the island, leaving Kiru and Derrick in the care of two morphs, Myst and Kiddo. But where to go and whom to seek, first? This is a decision which will make or break the story, so choose wisely.

A: Seek out the former Team Rocket scientist, John Ruval.
    B: Answer the summons of the Island Seer.

Years
    • Age 41
    • Seen Dec 17, 2007
    Thanks to those who have supported the fic so far :)

-------------------

The grand, marble temple shone in its elegance, its vision of ancient beauty enhanced by the mystical fog that came from the forest outside. Shadows from the trees outside danced among the temple's light as they swayed in the wind. The temple itself was of a simple construction, consisting of a large foyer surrounded by multiple stone pillers that lined the sides of the temple. There were no walls however; only long rows of stairs leading into the temple itself from all sides save one. At the far end of the temple, sat a magnificient stone altar, which sat a row of green burning candles, guarded in front by two tall, empty braziers. A hooded figure stood huddled over them, draped from head to toe in a flowing brown robe.

A set of footsteps echoed through the temple as they made its way toward the altar. They belonged to a similar figure, this one covered in an elegant, white robe. She approached the altar and gave a slight bow to the brown-robed figure. She then removed her hood to reveal a pink-skinned head with long, wavy ears and brown hair, as well as a bright, red jewel adorning her forehead. She was an Espeon-morph. The brown-robed figure then turned and nodded in acknowledgement to the figure below her.

"Welcome back, Estrella." a voice came from within the hood of the brown-robed figure. The tip of a curved beak could be seen from beneath the hood. "I trust you've delivered the message."

"Yes, Lady Seer." Estrella the Espeon-morph said. "I managed to call out to the human though his dream. He has recieved your summons, and is on his way here now. Yet something about him rather worries me. This human, he seemed rather...well..."

"Yes, what is it?" the Seer asked.

"When I made contact with his mind, I felt trapped; trapped in an endless labyrinth of darkness, of pain and suffering. It was a strange feeling, Mistress. It wasnt until a small beam of light shone through that I was able to find my way out. And when I did, I found the poor human being slaughtered mercilessly by our kind. Yet, I still managed to reach him and deliver your summons."

"It is just as I thought. The human has already begun to hate and fear us. You've done well, my apprentice." the Seer spoke again. "Your inner strength and telepathic capabilities have been honed through the strict training of this temple. You are on your way to taking my place when my time is at hand, Estrella. However, there is one more task that I must entrust to you."

"I am ready to serve, Mistress." the Espeon-morph nodded toward the Seer standing above her.

"You must go forth and aid the human. He is already on his way to the temple. This I have seen. However, from what you have told me, I gather that he is lost within himself, and that means he is lost even more within the forest. Lead him here, and we shall present him with the test."

"Pardon, Mistress, but is it wise to tamper with the strands of fate? If he is destined to find his way here, will it not happen?"

"Under normal circumstances, that is correct. However..." the Seer began to make her way down the steps from the altar. Estrella followed at her side. "We are dealing with a force that is not of this world. Even I cannot forsee what will happen. Already, the strands have begun to unravel in the presence of this strange power. It has even managed to take control of the First One."

"The...First One?" Estrella asked.

"Just as you already know we, the Pokemorphs, were the Second mistakes of the humans. Their uncontrollable desire to tamper with the fabric of existance in order to rule their own was what led to our creation. The First One however, it is neither Human or Morph, but something much more..."

"But if it's not a Human or Morph, then that must mean..."

"Yes...it is a Pokemon. A very powerful one at that. My own attempts to make contact have been in vain, as the raging psychic powers within its mind are impenetrable. Yet this alien force has managed to do the impossible in luring the First One to its banner, just as it did with two criminal organizations back on the mainland."

The Seer and Estrella made their way to the edge of the temple. They both stared outward from the marble stairs into the misty trees which surrounded them.

"We are dealing with a force that is completely unknown to us." the Seer spoke. "What will be faced eventually is like nothing we've ever seen. But before it can be confronted, everything it has gained control of must be dealt with first. That includes the First One, as well as the two groups that have replicated our design. Fortunately, there are yet heroes who can rise to this task."

Estrella continued to stare out from the temple steps. Somehow, she knew what had to be done.

"I will send you to him. You must lead him back here so that he may recieve the test. I know not what will come of it, but we must know if he has the fortitude within himself to lead the world against this dark force."

"I understand, Mistress. This must be done. Though we must break some of the rules, it is only to guarantee the world's survival." Estrella closed her eyes and nodded.

With that, the Seer raised her arms toward Estrella. A set of red-tipped, white feathers came forth from the sleeves of the robe, which began to glow a faint blue. Estrella's own form began to shimmer as well, and seconds later, she had vanished.

"Go forth, my apprentice. Bring Jason here, so that he may learn of his fate."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jason and Larvitar sat at the edge of a clear stream within the middle of the Wisp Forest, weary from their traveling. Larvitar had busied herself with a small sandwich, while Jason continued to stare into the woods beyond, sitting cross-legged on the streams edge.

"Ya know, Larvitar. I havent really had much of a chance to really talk to ya, what with the whole crazy morph business and all." Jason said. Larvitar perked up at the sound of Jason's voice, and turned her attention toward him, putting her sandwich down at the same time.

"I really should apologize..." Jason began to speak. "Ever since I sto-err...freed you, i've done nothing but have you battle. Remember the battle with that Magma agent back in Lilycove? That's how we rescued Kiru. And then the battle with Caninus? Oh, and what about the fight in Rustboro with Yabba and his ilk? And when we helped out Myst and Kiddo just now?"

"Lar...?" Larvitar asked, curiously.

"Despite all we've faced to get here, you've been nothing but a great Pokemon, and i'm truly honored that you're my friend. I cant imagine what you faced back in the Magma base, all chained to the wall like that."

A sad look crossed Larvitar's face, and then without warning, she had jumped into Jason's arms sobbing as Jason hugged her tight.

"Dont worry, Larvitar. It'll all be better now. I dont care if Derrick gets on our case or not; he has no idea what we've both been through. On the outside, sure it looks like I stole ya from the base. But you know what? Who says that two wrongs dont make a right? After all, just look at us now."

Jason and Larvitar sat there for quite a while as they continued to bond with each other. Jason continued to hold Larvitar in his arms as they both stared into the foggy, mystical forest.

"Whatever it takes, we'll make everything right. Even if I gotta kill em, Morphs and all."

As they sat there, a small, green figure had watched from atop the tree closest to them. It stared intently, curious at the strange Human and Pokemon. A few seconds later, the figure lept from its perch and began to float steadily closer toward Jason and Larvitar. Its eyes shimmered with a mystical power, as if it represented the lifeforce within the entire forest. It's small, stubby, forest-green body flittered in the air as it stared down at the human and Pokemon. It's thin, green antennae swayed back and forth from the breeze.

Jason heard the slight flapping of wings above him. "Hmm?" Jason and Larvitar both looked up at the green figure that was watching them. An astonished look then crossed Jason's face as he gasped at the magnificient sight above him. Larvitar had jumped out of Jason's arms as well in order to stare back at the figure above her. A legendary creature heard only in folktales, Jason could hardly believe his eyes...

"Bi!" it spoke in a high-pitched tone.

"Look at that! T-That's a-a-a-Ce-Ce" Jason strugged to bring the words to his mouth. "A Celebi!"

"Bi!" the Celebi said again. The Legendary Pokemon then darted back into the woods, cleverly dodging the branches that stood high above the ground. Without thinking, Jason and Larvitar began to chase after it.

"I-I've always wanted to see one of those up close! Can you believe it?! A legendary Pokemon in this very forest! Talk about luck huh!?" Jason said, panting as he continued to give chase. Larvitar followed closely behind, her stubby legs barely keeping up with Jason's strides.

"Bi! Bi!" the Celebi continued chanting as it darted along the forest's roof.

The chase continued for at least fifteen minutes, the Celebi darting around, leading Jason and Larvitar through the sharp turns of the forest. Jason kept up his pace, and very slowly and steadily closed the distance between himself and the Celebi. Meanwhile Larvitar, giving all her effort, managed to keep a close enough distance between herself and Jason.

Finally, Jason noticed a large, fallen tree blocking the path in which he was chasing the Celebi. Jason could see the Celebi flying not too far above him. Jason then thought to use the log to his advantage. Jason jumped onto the top of the fallen log. Celebi was now almost in reaching distance. With all his might, Jason lept toward the Celebi, arms outreached in hopes to catch it...

*CRASH!*

Jason found himself face down in a pile of fallen leaves. Jason hit the ground flat on his face. The shock of the landing kept Jason frozen for a few seconds. Groaning, Jason lifted himself up. He looked around in all directions, hoping to resume the chase with Celebi. It was no good; Celebi was gone. "Dammit! I just wanted one good look!" he ranted as he kicked a nearby pile of leaves. He then sat himself on the tree from which he made his jump, annoyed and frustrated.

"I dont get it! I had it in my hands! How could I have missed that?!"

Meanwhile, Larvitar had finally caught up with Jason. It climbed onto the log where Jason was sitting, and paused to catch its breath. It was obviously not used to running like they had just now.

"The thing went right through my hands! There was no way I could have missed that grab!" Jason ranted to the Larvitar next to him. Suddenly, Jason heard giggling coming from behind a nearby tree.

Jason stood up and immediately drew his blade. "Who's there? Show yourself!" he yelled to the forest around him.

The giggling then turned to laughter as a petite figure emerged from behind the tree on Jason's right. It was the pink-skinned form of an Espeon-morph, clad in a white shirt and tight blue-jeans.

"Oh dear, that was so good!" the morph continued to laugh as she approached Jason. "Watching you try and reach for that Celebi, that was too much!"

An angry look crossed Jason's face. As the Espeon-morph approached, he pointed his Featherblade straight toward her neck. He obviously did not see the humor in what happened just now. "Who the hell are you?" he asked sternly.

"Ehehehe..." the morph's laughter slowly died down. "I'm terribly sorry for that. My name's Estrella, I do believe we've met already."

Jason sheathed his blade, but the angry look stayed with his face. "I have not heard of that name before."

Suddenly, a sharp voice penetrated his mind, "The Seer awaits you on the island..." It was identical to the voice of Estrella.

"So...that was you then?" Jason said.

"Yes. I am the apprentice of the Seer. I was the one who called to you in your dream. I've been sent to lead you to our temple. I apologize for my actions just now, but...that Celebi was an illusion. My illusion."

"Great..." Jason's angry look turned to dissapointment. "I...I've always wanted to get a good look at a real Legendary Pokemon. So you're saying that Celebi...wasnt real?"

"I'm sorry, Jason. Making that illusion seemed like the best way to get you here...but I guess I did nothing but dissapoint you."

Jason looked back up toward the Espeon-morph. "The insolent morph-girl..." he thought. The experience just now definately did not improve Jason's opinion of the morphs. Larvitar sat there, listening to their conversation all the while. "Alright then..." Jason finally said. "You're here to lead me to the Seer, right? Well then, lets get a move on."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jason, Larvitar and Estrella continued through the Wisp Forest for what seemed like hours. On the way, Estrella spoke of herself and her position within the Seer's temple. In turn, Jason grudgingly explained his purpose on the island, while Larvitar bounced right behind Jason's feet as they walked through the misty forest.

Soon, they had reached the magnificient Temple of the Seer. The grand, marble structure towered above Jason and Larvitar as they stood for a few moments gazing at its awe-inspiring beauty. It wasnt long before a brown-robed figure emerged from beneath the temple's roof in order to greet them.

"Welcome, Lord Jason. I've been expecting you." a voice came from beneath the brown-hood of the Seer.

Jason and Larvitar approached the Temple's steps, while Estrella stayed behind, watching them. "Lord Jason?" he asked. "If you dont mind me asking, Seer, what the hell is that supposed to mean?"

A chuckle emerged from the Seer's hood. "I sense that you have many questions. I have forseen it, Jason. You are one of the last hopes of this world; to lead the last inkling of strength your kind has. You carry its fate on your back, and that my friend, makes you worthy of the title of 'Lord'. Now then, please come with me, and I shall explain everything."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Who are we? Where did we come from? How were we created? Why were we created? Those are the questions boiling in your mind, yes?" the Seer spoke to Jason from behind the grand, stone altar. Jason stood on the opposite side of the altar, two great braziers guarding his sides. Estrella stood at the Seer's side, eagerly listening to the intervention between Jason and the Seer. Larvitar stood at Jason's feet as well, curious as to what was taking place.

"To an extent, yes. I dont particularly care for you people on this island. I only want to stop the ones ravaging my world. Even then, I want nothing more than to stop them. You're can see things, right, Seer? Then i'm sure you can see how I really feel about you people. However, I dont think you can blame me for having this opinion on you...morphs." Jason struggled to refer to them with that term; in truth, he wanted to call them all freaks.

The Seer stood silent for a few moments. Estrella crossed her arms as a look of annoyance crossed her face. Finally, the Seer spoke, "I sense a great conflict within you, Lord Jason. Already, I can feel your hate and anger grow stronger with each passing second. You will do well to heed my words. If you cannot accept my words, or my brethren, then you will fall. You will do well to remember that those you seek to defeat were once human, like you. You will also do well to know that we Pokemorphs are not your enemy; that the dark force behind their creation only wants you to think that they are."

"Team Magma and Team Aqua, right? So you're saying that they are the true enemy?"

"No." the Seer said simply. "This ordeal goes far beyond the two organizations. As you already know, the group you know as 'Team Rocket' were the first to create us all. As you may or may not know, they created another being before our time came. While Magma and Aqua must definately be stopped, there is a third danger which must be dealt with. It now controls a horde of black soldiers, clad in unholy, green masks that-"

"The Military? You're speaking of the Military?" Jason recalled his experiences with that group; the escort into Rustboro, as well as his time as prisoner inside thier base.

"Yes. This Military is the third of the three groups which has been lured to the banner of a dark force, completely unknown to this world. They are all being used by this power, twisted and corrupted to serve it."

Jason stood still and silent for a few moments. Everything the Seer spoke of; it somehow began to make sense to him. Team Aqua, Team Magma, and the Military, all working in in tandem with each other to serve this strange "dark force". Still, many questions raced through his mind: What did the Morphs have to do with any of this? What is this "Dark Force" after?

"You are hereby called into service by the strands of destiny, Lord Jason. This alien presence has changed all the rules of our world. No longer can I foretell the fate of any living being. That however, is not your problem. What matters most now is approach this situation with all of your might and knowledge."

"So you're saying, i'm supposed to be some kind of hero to the world now?" Jason asked skeptically. This was beginning to be hard on Jason now, as all of these new developments began to weigh heavily on Jason's already troubled mind.

"Fear not, Lord Jason, as you will not be alone in this struggle. There are others destined to fight alongside you as well. You will meet them when the time is right." the Seer explained. "Now then, to deal with the matter of you."

Jason looked up at the Seer. "What do you mean, me?" he asked.

"As I said before, I sense much pain, hate, sorrow, and darkness inside you. But I also sense a great emptiness; great ignorance. I shall therefore present to you a test. I cannot see whether you have the strength for this endeavor." the Seer then raised her feathered fingers, which began to glow slightly. Atop the altar, Jason noticed a small, shimmering goblet form itself. It then began to sparkle like a prism atop the altar; it remained translucent, but otherwise solid.

Years
    • Age 41
    • Seen Dec 17, 2007
    Jason then turned to his sides. The braziers which stood next to him began to glow as well. Inside, Jason noticed as they began to fill with strange liquids. The left one began to fill with a bubbling, oozing, black liquid. The right one however, filled up with a murky, yellow liquid instead. Moments later, the braziers were completely filled, and the Seer's spell had stopped. The Goblet continued to sit in front of Jason, its rainbow-esque form still glowing like a beam of sunlight through a cloud.

"The test has begun." the Seer explained. "Take the spectral chalice in front of you, and choose but one of the fountains in which to drink from. Everything about you; your instincts and knowledge, as well as the recesses within your soul, shall decide from which one shall you drink."

Jason could not believe this. Could the Seer really expect him to just pick one and drink? Every kind of possibility on what the Test could mean raced through his mind. It could be poison, or even worse...

"Hold on, one second." Jason said definately toward the Seer. "Do you honestly expect me to just drink from these strange things?" Jason then pointed toward the Seer's hood. "I want to see your true face, Seer. I want to know if it is a face I can trust!"

The Seer then gave a slight nod. "Very well, Lord Jason. Your request is understandable." she said solemnly. The Seer then removed her hood slowly, grasping it in her white feathered hands. Jason gazed upon the Seer's true face; her head was draped in green feathers, as a piercing gaze could be seen in her eyes. A curved beak came down from her nose. The look in her eyes was undeniable, as she had truly seen everything that was to be...The Seer was clearly morphed from a Xatu, a Pokemon which is known for its ability to read the past and future. Jason could not deny it; the Seer was the real deal.

"Very well, I accept this test." Jason relucently said. Slowly, he began to grasp the chalice upon the altar. It was completely translucent, but felt as hard as any glass. Jason then glanced at the braziers to the sides of him. Which one to drink from...Jason reached into himself for the answer...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Situation: The Seer's test. As a test of strength and will, the Seer has presented Jason with two braziers, both filled with strange substances. What could they mean? What effect could they have on Jason? Which one will he drink from?

A: The black, bubbling, oozing liquid on the left.
    B: The yellow, murky, foggy liquid on the right.

Logmon1

The one of many...
    Years
  • Maby A? It's a tough one I had a test kind of lik this once(but it was kool-ad or hiwien punch).

Dose this mean Mewtwo is under the contrul of Dixyox?

Logmon1

The one of many...
    Years
  • he said The Frist masak (mewtwo) is under the contorl of this alein forc (dixyox)

Last edited:
    Back