• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

-[Mini-Game]-Planet Development Tactics

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2024
    Planet Development Tactics

Program used: RPGmaker VX

Hey, I've been gone for a while... But while I've been away, I've been working on my RM'ing skills. So if you don't know, PlanetDev is my friends forum: Mod edit: Can't link to forums In the main community for RMVX, Community Games (Games that use characters based off of members) are fairly importantl so I thought I'd bring that to PlanetDev, and possibly here (though if I recall, most non pokemon threads seem to die here).

Story Synopsis:
    The game is really more like an arcade game, so there is no real premise. You start off with four characters and build your way up by earning more. As with most arcade games, you cannot save, though if you are an RMVX user I have chosen to leave the data unencrypted so you could change that there.

Characters (From Left to Right):
    actor0.png

Andi (aka Andinator)

Pros:
    He has a range of 2 to 4 tiles (explained in screenshots)
    His special has a 7 tile range!!

Cons:
    He has less walking range

Carpet (Crazyninjaguy)

Pros:
    He takes on the role of the powerhouse.
    His special has has a surround damage effect

Cons:
    He has no MP

Pie (Piejamas)
    Pros:
    He has the most walking range
    His special allows him to increase all of his stats

Cons:
    He has the lowest stats

Rune (Runefreak)
    Pros:
    He is the most balanced character
    His special allows him to teleport anywhere

Cons:
    His balanced-ness means that he has no real advantageous stat

All the other characters need to be unlocked so I won't reveal details about them...

Screenshots:
    The Game Lounge: Where you select and prepare for the next level

Spoiler:

Character Placing: Before the battle, you place your characters
    Spoiler:

The Movement System: Its kinda like chess. Even if I made all the characters suck, you could still win!
    Spoiler:

Character Selection: Once you have more than four members available, you can switch them in and out!
    Spoiler:

Credits:

Graphics
    The fourth mugshot by Runefreak
    The sixth mugshot is by Ruruga
    The seventh mugshot is by Kaduki
    Modern Tileset by Tkool
    (all other graphics by me)

Scripts
    Battle System by Gubid
    Party Manage by Prexus
    Auto Keyword Coloring by Reedo

Special Thanks
    PlanetDev Community
    Soruve (from VXnet)

Last edited by a moderator:

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    Looks good, but the mapping is a bit bland, try making the game lounger smaller with some more detail, and the outdoor maps with WAY more detail.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2024
    Yeah... like i said, its like an arcade game. I was gonna use a script instead of a lounge but I figured the lounge would be easier XD. I'll see what I can do tho

Back