• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think Ash should've been the one to beat Gary in the Indigo League?

Vernikova

Banned
Years
  • I'm talking about the first Pokémon League. Now, Gary lost to some random trainer in the Pokémon League instead of Ash and that's started bothering me ever since I decided to let it do that. Anyway, I always wondered why did they decide to do that since in Johto, even though we had a great battle between the two in the Silver Conference, we didn't get to see Gary that much throughout the region.

I might've preferred to see Ash get another rival in that region instead of Gary (Maybe Jimmy).

So would you have liked it for Ash to eliminate Gary in the Kanto League? Oh, oh, oh, and why do you think they did that if you want to answer that too.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Nah. I wouldn't want Ash to beat him that early.
    He had learned a lot that time from the league and grew to be better, only to come back later and finally calmly battle and defeat Gary.
    I think I like it the way it is, and how it implies overcoming what he couldn't earlier.
    And there are other powerful trainers out there that they never meet, so that isn't a point to consider...
    The champion that time was an unknown guy, for instance.

Back