• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] The Rising Darkness Pt.1

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
  • Before story notes to readers:
    -Chapters Availible so far
    Chaper I(You're in it)
    Chapter II(Chapter Two is also here)
    Chapter III(Also here!)
    Chapter 4(Coming Soon)
    -Pokemon: The Rising Darkness has it's own forum!
    Check it out at darkpokeball.myfastforum.org!
    Featuring...Events, Polls, Updates,
    Announcements...and much, much more!
    -Story Synopsis:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Alright, let's start the story:
    Pokemon: The Rising Darkness
    Excitement flooded through my body. No matter how hard I tried, the grin on my face could not be suppressed. I looked out the window at the sunny day outside. Sitting on my soft bed in my room full of posters of my favorite trainers, my patience was wearing thin. Knock Knock. "Come in." I said loudly, trying to hide the excitement in my face. My mother opened the creaky door and her smile made me feel happier. She's the most beautiful woman in the region of Wamako, and then some more beauty added on. Kindness was in her veins and the mere sight of her made anyone's day. "I hope you're ready." she said, in her wonderful voice. I nodded. "Trainer School. At last, I can be like my favorite trainers! Or maybe I can beat the Elite 4!" I said, no longer trying to suppress the great feeling within me. My mother laughed. Her cheeks turned red. "About the Elite 4. I was called via PokeGear. Your brother has become the third challenger!" she said, obviously excited too. Then, she tossed me a bag and a device. "That's a PokeGear and a bag for items and stuff." she said. I stood up, cold beads of sweat coming down my face. "Can't wait to see you at the end of the day." I said to my mom, slinging the bag over my shoulder with the device in it. My mom's happy look faded. "I'm sorry, but you won't be seeing me in the night. It's a boarding school." she said, looking down to hide her sad face. Seeing her sad made me want to burst into tears. "Let's go." she whispered, and she dragged her feet out without realizing it.
    When the car came to a stop, the door opened. Although I didn't want to get out, I figured it would be for the greater good. Coming out, I opened the gray door to the school. It seemed like I was a prisoner seeping into prison, where I'd spend tons of time in. What had I done? No clue. Mom and I hugged warmly and I entered the bleak halls. She got back into the car. Suddenly, I didn't want to do this. All my favorite trainers never went to 'Trainer School.' I felt like this was stupid just watching mom go away. "MOM! WAIT!" I called, but then there was the VROOM! of the car. "MOM! I WANT TO BACK OUT OF THIS!" I called out. The car went away and I chased it. "NO!" I cried out. Running as fast as I could, I cut too sharp of a turn and fell into tall grass at the side of the road. "OOF!' I said. Getting up, I gasped. A Taillow jumped out at me. "GAGH!" I yelled. I leapt out of the tall grass, but it chased me. Running towards the school, the Taillow was chasing me. Tripping, I saw the bird come near. Looking, I saw what I had tripped on. A Pokeball! TWEET! It was coming in on me with a nasty 'Peck.' My only chance was....no time to think. I threw teh pokeball and it got the Taillow inside it. Running to get away, I heard a "CLICK!" Looking back, I saw the pokeball still. Grabbing it, I realized the Taillow was mine. "Heh!" I said in mere enjoyment. Taillow...mine! I had caught my first pokemon! With a confident strut to the school, I realized that maybe this was a head start! My first day at school....excitement had reached a whole new level. Smiles and grins happened at the same time. Stepping into the not-so-bleak halls, I checked the schedule in my bag. Turns out I was five minutes early. "Sweet." I whispered without meaning too. In their freetime, students can go to a 'Trainer's School Game Corner.' Deciding to check it out, I followed the school map also included. As I entered I heard a BLING! BLING! BLING! There were the games. But, to my dismay, it said "Enter Coins." I wished I had a coin case. As I left, there was a voice: "It'll be brilliant. Just brilliant." It was deep and sort of scared me. Then, I heard a slightly robotic female voice say, "Yes. Whatever you say." That freaked me out. Hiding behind an arcade game, the couple entered. The woman looked pale and had no expression. She was skinny and thin, her eyes a pale grey. The man however was fat and had a rosy face. He seemed cheerful and jovial, but his eyes showed cold darkness. Hiding, he pressed a few keys on the "GROWLITHE HUNT" game, and it went black. A second later, it turned green and in black text it showed: ENTER PASSWORD. Below it was a little dashed line. He typed in "56JHD9" The screen went blue. Suddenly, the man went INTO teh screen. The woman entered slowly as if she were a puppet. Not thinking, I ran. The blue screen began blinking, then shrinking. However, jumping, I made it in time. There was a swirly feeling. Then, I fell into a light. Landing roughly on concrete, I looked up. There was a green screen which just closed. Was I in another dimension of some sort? Finally, the folly of my actions sunk in. Encapsulated with fear, I gulped. Sweat came down my face. There was a scream and then laughter. Finally, I saw the man come back. The woman wasn't there. His cheerful expression was droopy. Suddenly, he saw me. "WHO THE HECK ARE YOU?! YOU FOOL!!!" he cried out, veins pressing on his neck. Then, a red-faced kid came in, nervously, sweating, as if waiting for something to leap out and kill him. "L-Leave him alone!" he said. "B-Boss. J-Just P-P-Put him in t-the m-memory e-e-eraser. Or m-m-may-maybe transform him like the rest!" Transform? Then, the woman came to mind, as if she was in a trance. By transform, they meant change! "The memory eraser will do." said the man, and he pulled out a small device. There was a great flash meant to go into my optics, sneak past my retina, and get into the brain to stop commands. However, I turned away. When the flash ended, I looked back towards the two. Things weren't going so good. "What?! It didn't work on him!? How is that??!!!" bellowed the big guy. The small guy stuttered a bit more, but I didn't care to listen. I mashed random buttons until...YES! ENTER PASSWORD. I entered 56JHD9, as I had seen the man do. But before I could leap through the portal, there was a THUD! All went black.
    Waking up after a while, I gulped. There was a dull ringing in my ears. My clothes were gone and I was dressed in white. Looking around, I realized my bag and PokeGear was also gone. There was a lump in my pocket. Reaching in there, I pulled out the pokeball which contained Taillow. What had just happened? On my head was a lump half the size of the pokeball. "You okay?" asked a girl's voice. I realized I was in the Trainer School hallway. Looking up, another student looked down at me. "My name is Tiffany, but call me Tiff. You were just knocked out on this floor." She helped me up. We shook hands. "My name's Rehi." "Strange name."
    "Whatever."
    Turns out I was two minutes late for my first class. It was "Homeroom." Every student has homeroom. As I walked in, nobody bothered to look up at me. "Uh...Rehi's here." I said carefully, the teacher appearing to just have finished role. "You're late." she hissed at me with a sharp tongue. "This is your homeroom. You have this everyday. Here you will recieve bunks and bunk-mates today. This place is just to relax before your wonderful education begins!" she spat out. Something told me she wasn't very friendly. I ended up sitting next to a blonde kid with blue eyes on the end. "Hi. Since we'll see each other every day, we might as well get to talk." I told him. He looked up at me. He had a twinkle in his eye. "My name's Jack. My dad's a gym leader." he said. A kid with a father as a gym leader?! Just like one of my heroes: May. A girl trainer of Hoenn. WE chatted a bit. After the bell rang, he smiled at me. "Well, Rehi, I look forward to seeing you again." was what he said. I nodded. "Me too." Jack was pretty nice, but a bit mischevious. "Bye, Jack." I said and we left. However, that "Bye" wasn't very neccesary, since it turned out we were bunk mates. First period was "Status Problems and How to Heal Them." This was a fun class to be in. Sometimes on their journeys, our heroes reviewed this class. We started our 'Poison' unit, and I learned how to make antidotes. Awesome. Next class..."Catching Pokemon." I thought I had it down considering my Taillow. I patted the pokeball in my pocket as I entered the class. Turns out, the students were supposed to get starter pokemon. I chose Pyroshade, a dark and fire type. He evolves into Shadire, and finishes as Darkerif. Why not? WE trained them a bit against Azumarrill's which are common around the school. The day dragged on until lunch. There, I saw Tiffany sitting alone. So, I sat across from her. "Hey, Tiff." I said. She saw me and said, "Rehi!" on reflex. We talked a little when suddenly, "Oh look. It's Tiffany." A girl with blonde hair came over. "Oops." she said, before spilling her milk on Tiffany on purpose. "Hey!" she said. Suddenly, the blonde-haired girl took Tiffany by her shirt collar. "What's the wimp gonna do?!" she said through gritted teeth, with a smile. "Leave her alone!" I said, standing up. She looked at me as if she hadn't noticed me before. Dropping Tiffany, she smiled at me evilly. "What're you gonna' do about it?!" she hissed. I gulped. Then, I sent out Pyroshade. "I challenge you to a Pokemon battle! Let's end this!" I said. She cocked her head back and laughed. Then, she sent out her starter: Electritty. (It's an electric cat.) "Fine, loser. Tommorow. Same time, same place." she said at me, then walked away, Electritty following her. "Who was that?!" I asked Tiffany. "That was Hai. She's one of the meanest girls in school. I'm one of her many victims." Tiffany said angrily glaring at Hai as she left. So, along with a few friends, I also had an enemy. WE talked a bit, and I found out her first name was Ruth. "Wait." I said, then showed her my bunking sheet. One bunk-room can support four people. Sort of like a cabin. Ruth was on it and after a while, it turned out Tiffany was in my bunk! Sweet! After the day ended, we were in the bunk. The fourth person was named Rondo. Tiffany and Jack had already known each other as it turned out. As they talked, I had an urge to join in. Then, Rondo strolled over. "Hello....." she started. "Rehi." I said. She repeated my name. "Anyways, I thought we might know each other. But, here's the deal: You do whatever I want, I let you live." she said. Obviously, another bully. "No." I simply said, then joined in with Jack and Tiffany. Rondo seemed a bit thrown off balance by my reply, before shoving me.
    "IDIOT! So you want to die, eh?!" she said, throwing a punch. Ducking, she hit the pole of Jack's bed. "AUGH!" she cried out bringing her fist back. "I challenge you to a Pokemon duel! Tommorow! Lunch!" she cried out. "Nope. Busy. Battling with Hai. Maybe I could squeeze you in two days after." I said. She growled. "Fine." She spat on the ground, then leapt into her bed. IN the excitement of the day, it had just occured to me what had happened in the morning. It seemed pretty queer. I'd tell Jack and Tiffany about it tommorow. As I settled to sleep, I saw Rondo open one eye. Jack and Tiffany fell asleep. I faked sleep to see what Rondo was going to do. She pulled out a vile of purple stuff. Poison. If it hurt pokemon, how would it affect humans? Stepping out of her bed slowly, fear made me start to shake. She was going to poision me!

Hey readers, I want some reviews please!

Last edited:

Azurne

The Local Trickster
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2011
    Wall of text critically hits Azurne!

Man, today is not my day.

Remember to use the enter button every time a new person speaks, and to separate your paragraphs accordingly. ;D

I like how you've given a new spin on the tale of getting your first Pokemon; the Taillow was unexpected. Also, I like how he had sudden regrets upon seeing the school, it shows some character instead of the usual overly-optimistic vibe I get from other trainer fics.
    But, to my dismay, it said "Enter Coins." I wished I had a coin case
    Does it matter as long as he had coins? This isn't exactly the game you know, where we don't get the luxury of pockets it seems. :P
    Turns out I was two minutes late for my first class.
    Whoa whoa wait, after that terrifying experience all he can say is he's two minutes late? You see where this doesn't quite add-up logically?

Now after this whole 'he's two minutes late' thing, I felt your story slowly fell apart. All it was was one event after another, it didn't feel like it was going anywhere in relation to your plot. You introduced a fairly important event, but then skipped right over it with this other stuff that seems like it's only there to introduce your secondary characters.

To be honest, I had a hard time finishing this chapter because it had so many 'useless' things in it. Go through and figure out beforehand what goes into your chapter. Or, if pre-planning is not your thing, go back and edit your work, and see what needs cut and what needs re-written.

I wish you luck on your future projects though~

-Azurne

Last edited:

darkpokeball

Years
  • Wall of text critically hits Azurne!

Man, today is not my day.

Remember to use the enter button every time a new person speaks, and to separate your paragraphs accordingly. ;D

I like how you've given a new spin on the tale of getting your first Pokemon; the Taillow was unexpected. Also, I like how he had sudden regrets upon seeing the school, it shows some character instead of the usual overly-optimistic vibe I get from other trainer fics.
    Does it matter as long as he had coins? This isn't exactly the game you know, where we don't get the luxury of pockets it seems. :P
    Whoa whoa wait, after that terrifying experience all he can say is he's two minutes late? You see where this doesn't quite add-up logically?

Now after this whole 'he's two minutes late' thing, I felt your story slowly fell apart. All it was was one event after another, it didn't feel like it was going anywhere in relation to your plot. You introduced a fairly important event, but then skipped right over it with this other stuff that seems like it's only there to introduce your secondary characters.

To be honest, I had a hard time finishing this chapter because it had so many 'useless' things in it. Go through and figure out beforehand what goes into your chapter. Or, if pre-planning is not your thing, go back and edit your work, and see what needs cut and what needs re-written.

I wish you luck on your future projects though~

-Azurne
    You were right. The rest of the story was pretty much introducing the other characters. I figured that out, and if I wanted to keep my readers, I'd have to add a twist. That's where Rondo with the poison comes in, trying to poison me. Chapter I was just Rehi discovering the first clue to the school's awful secret, the rest was just introducing major characters which take a major part in the story. Which means with the introduction out of the way, Chapter Two will be better. I'll make sure of that. Thank you for your review.

darkpokeball

Years
  • Everyone, chapter 2 is ready! Here it is, dear readers:
    My mother was upset on having losing me. She kept on telling herself it was what I wanted, but felt as if part of her was missing. She sat down on the couch and pulled out her phone. Seeing as it was probably my second day at the school, she wanted to see how I was doing. Maybe it would help her ease up her guilt. But, before she could dial my number, somebody called her. The caller I.D. read: Rehi. My name. Of course, she was unaware that my pokegear was lost. Hitting answer, a half-smile spread across her face. "Hello, Rehi. How's it like at school?" she asked, her voice a little shaky. Instead of my voice as the reply, a robotic voice said, "I am sorry. Rehi….we need you to come here right away." My mother nodded, although nods can't be heard through phones.
    "Well?"
    "I'll be there right away."
    With that, she hung up. Her heart pounded as if wanting to escape from her chest. It had only been one full day and part of a second. What could've happened. "Rehi." She whispered, then climbed into the car. She drove to the school. The school which looked promising when she dropped me off now looked like a menace. My mother worried deeply about me, and as she climbed out, deep breaths were taken in an effort to calm down. There was a fat a jolly seeming man at the front. "Please, meet me in the game room. That's where Rehi is awaiting you." He said, in a deep and commanding voice. My mother nodded and slowly followed him. As they reached the game room, the guy's grin got wider and more sinister. My mother slowly drummed her fingers on her knee. The man came to rest at a game called GROWLITHE HUNT. "Where's Rehi?" she asked, looking around. The man, in the meantime, started to type in combos. BLING! The screen came to 'Enter Password.' "Excuse me…" my mother started, but the man didn't turn around. "We need to access his private files before you meet him so you can get a full grasp of the situation." The man said, with a laugh in his voice. The screen turned blue. He led my mother over. She was innocent, and falling for the trap like a fly in a web. Finally, the man shoved her into the machine manically laughing. She went right through the screen! "YOU FOOL!" he called after her, then in a commanding tone, he climbed through. My mom had landed on the floor, her hair a mess, her eyeliner dripping down her face. "W-What is this?!" she cried out. The man laughed. "Change her." He simply said. Suddenly, pale faced people started to come in the room through a door. They came slowly as if a hoarde of zombies waiting to eat another's brain. The guy smiled darkly. My mother tried to run, but there was no escape. She screamed a loud ear-piercing shriek, and the man's laughing reached the same volume….
    As I sat in homeroom, I decided to tell Jack the situation. Last night, I could have died of fear. Rondo, an enemy, appeared as if she wanted to poison me. In truth, she grabbed my pokemon and whispered something about Hai to win for sure. Something told me they were friends. One bully with another. Anyways, I still had the antidote I made in my first period: STATUS PROBLEMS AND HOW TO HEAL THEM, so I merely used that right when she went to sleep. As I explained my horrifying experience yesterday morning to Jack, his usual mischevious smile was a frown. "You probably dreamed it." He simply said. "No, Jack. I swear it actually happened! There's something awry at this place." I whispered to him. He gave me another frown, then said, "No. This school is just fine. I can name a ton of people who graduated from here." I stared at him. Not one word of my problem was sinking through to him. How would I convince him? "Meet me in the 'Game Room.'" I told him. "When? Lunch today, you have a pokemon battle with Hai!" he shot back. I hesitated. "I'm going to stand her up. Whatever it takes, this weird scheme has to be stopped!" was my final reply. At the end of that period, I headed to my STATUS PROBLEMS AND HOW TO HEAL THEM class. Jack would see what was going on, maybe Tiffany as well. My mind was swirling with thoughts on how to stop this weird unnoticed plot, so my class didn't go very well. For example, on the antidote creating, I accidently created something that smelled like apples. After that, CATCHING POKEMON. We learned a bit about Pokeballs, but my mind was off. In secret, I trained Taillow instead of Pyroshade. Nobody noticed it since I was in the back of the training room behind a table that used to hold pokeballs containing pokemon for your starter. It wasn't very good, since I forgot to yell commands at a few points in battle. Taillow was staggering at the end of class, like one more hit wouldn't cause him to faint, but to die. I put him back in his pokeball and prepared for lunch. Here, instead of going to the lunch room where Hai awaited me, I headed to the Game Room. "Okay, Jack. Time for you to see what's happening." I whispered under my breath. WHIRR… "Oh crud." I said, not needing to look. Something was coming through the portal of 'Growlithe Hunt.' I heard laughing. Turning around to see who it was, I gulped. It was the man who had originally showed me this horrible discovery. "You again?!" he said, as if recovering from shock. Then, he repeated himself: "YOU AGAIN!!!!???" In a roaring voice. "Yes." I said in a small voice. Frozen in fear, I could merely watch as he whipped out his memory eraser. "This should do the trick." He said. Finally, I was brought back to Earth and took off in fear. Running like there was no tomorrow, I ended up in the lunch room. "There you are!" Hai shouted at me. "Goodbye." I simply told her, and zipped past the lunchroom and towards the entrance. "Oh crud." I whispered. Where the entrance door was supposed to be, there was bricks. Somebody had sealed us students in! Suddenly, something seeped out of the floor. A shadow. "Come with me." It said in a bone-chilling voice. I felt shivers go up and down me although it wasn't cold. This was sort of random, a shadow coming out of the ground, but, it's better than nothing. I walked towards it, when suddenly it grew and expanded into the big fat jolly guy. Now, I was within reach of him. He grabbed me. "Prepare to die!" He cried out, then a sharp pain filled my head. "AUGH!" I shouted, but a second later, all went black.

darkpokeball

Years
  • UPDATE: Pokemon: The Rising Darkness has it's own forum! ;) Check it out at darkpokeball.myfastforum.org.....Check out the Events and stuff.

darkpokeball

Years
  • Pokemon: The Rising Darkness. Chapter Three is ready for action! Here it is, dear readers:
    A small Azumarill was minding it's own business in the clumpy grass near the trainer's school. As it walked around, there was a slight breeze blowing. The Azumarill went with the wind, just as if looking for a trainer to jump out at. Finally, it came to a stop at a small hole in the ground. The dirt around it was soft as if just waiting for a berry or something. Azumarill went through the hole. Landing in it's humid den, it headed over to it's food storage that it found while scrounging through the grass. Suddenly, there was a small rustle. Something else came down the hole. Azumarill turned around…it was an Ekans. The Ekans looked hungry and licked it's forked tongue over it's scaly mouth. It had gone two days without food and was now ready to eat anything. His fierce eyes told Azumarill he wasn't after the food it had gathered…it was after him. Azumarill scurried towards the edge of the room, and Ekans came closer. "Ssss…" it hissed. Then, it lunged out and tackled Azumarill. "AZU!" it cried out, and Ekans sunk his gleaming, sharp teeth into it. Just like that, the Azumarill died. After it's meal, Ekans snaked it's way back up the small hole. It slithered around a bit, when a shady figure came. It had blonde hair and mischevious blue eyes. A young boy, to be precise. His name was Jack. It was his third day at school, and the facility had just recently gotten rid of the bricks. As they searched for who bricked the students in, Jack worried about me. You see, I had gone missing. He wondered if maybe I was right about something odd in the school. Maybe I was caught snooping. Jack had equipped himself with four pokeballs to capture pokemon. "Ekans." He whispered when he saw it. The Ekans tried to slither away quickly, but it's newly devoured meal held him back. You see, the Ekans never had time to digest it. Jack caught it easily. However, his mind was always drifting to wherever I might be. "AAH! OH MY GOSH! H-HE'S DEAD!" came a cry from the school. Jack took off into it. There on the floor, was a dead boy. His eyes were rolled back into his head, his tongue hanging out of his mouth. I'm sure you can all guess who the dead boy was: me. Except for one thing, I wasn't completely dead. When I woke up, there was dull thud in my head. My eyes ached. "Who am I?" I slowly asked, and the words slipping out of my mouth opened a door for fear to slip in. "Who am I?!" I said again more urgent. I couldn't remember anything! "Where am I?" I said. The nurse looked upon me with a concerned look upon her face. "I don't know. Check the student profiles. All I know is that you're suffering some minor brain trauma." The pain in my head was overwhelming. I leaned back. Taking deep breaths to calm down for a few seconds before I realized it wasn't going to work, I felt a lump on each side of my leg. Reaching into my pants, I pulled out two pokeballs. In one, Taillow. In the other, Pyroshade. Of course I didn't know this. "What are these things?" I asked the nurse. She looked at them closely. "Those are pokeballs. Used for capturing pokemon." She said. I slid the pokeballs back into my pockets. As I walked out of the room, Jack greeted me. "Rehi! Are you okay?!" he asked. I looked at him blankly. "Are you talking to me?" I asked him, cautiously, trying to grasp the situation. "Yes, Rehi. You went missing! Listen, I'm sorry I didn't meet you in the game room. What happened?" he asked, concern in his tone. I gulped. "Well, I don't exactly know…I don't remember anything…not even my name." was my response. Jack's face was grim serious. "You're kidding…..right?" To his dismay, I shook my head. He filled me in on what was going on and what I had told him yesterday. "The school…a secret….portal….Growlithe Hunt?" I asked, having a major freak out inside. He nodded. "Listen, Jack, I'm not sure..." I replied. "Listen, Rehi. Let's go to the gameroom, press random keys on Growlithe Hunt and get to the password screen. From there, I'll enter the password you told me….56JHD9." Jack told me. I gave him an odd look….was this guy on crack or something? I followed Jack to the gameroom. It was still lunch. There, Growlithe Hunt stood, looking so innocent, yet I sensed something malicious in it. Jack started pressing random keys, to no avail. He pulled out some coins and then entered some combos. Well, he did get into the special Clefairy bonus round. But, he couldn't get to this 'Enter Password' screen he was talking about. "Let me try." I said, pushing him aside. Then, I tried typing in random keys. BLING! "Yes!" I whispered. The screen turned green and said "ENTER PASSWORD." I remembered Jack's synopsis of what happened two days ago. Was it true? Jack entered 56JHD9, and the screen turned blue. "Great job, now what?" I asked. The screen as just blue. "I think you crashed it." I told Jack. Thoughts were swirling around my head as I tried to recall my past. But, it was all a huge blank. Jack stared at it. "Well, now…you said something about going through it." He said. "WHAT?!" I cried out, now a hundred percent sure he was on a drug of some sort. Jack gave me a look and I stayed silent. Slowly, he tried to touch it…but his hand went through the screen! "Jack….this is weird." I told him.
    "You bet it is. Now, you said we have to stop a jolly and fat guy in there."
    "Santa Claus?"
    "No, not Santa."
    "But Santa is fat and jolly."
    "Just, have some patience!"
    "Okay."
    With that, Jack leapt through the portal. I gulped. Was this right? Maybe he was the one that made me loose my memory. Maybe this was a trap of some sort….I gulped. The portal started to close. It was now or never. Finally, I decided to go through. Jack had to be a friend…right? I jumped through. There was a swirling sensation. "OOF!" I said, landing on something soft. I got of it, and gulped. "Sorry, Jack." I said. "No problem." Jack said, though his voice clearly said, "Humph. You landed on me, dumbo!" We started to wander around. Then, in a room was a woman I recognized. "Mom!" I cried out. She turned to me, pale with gray, emotionless eyes. "Intruder. Must…arrest." She said in a robotic voice. "Mom…NO!" I said. She charged us. Jack pulled me away. "Listen, Rehi. She must've been changed. In your story, you said that the villain was considering changing you…." He said. I gulped. Tears streamed down my eyes. "NO! My mother would never hurt me!" I said. How wrong I was….

Back