• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The scary monsters....

Soph

Chasing Arcanine with a spoon XD
Years
  • Okay this thread is totally random and purely out of my own curiosity.

When you were little, were you afraid of monsters? You know, like imaginary monsters like the Boogeyman, or the monsters under the bed.

I still remember when I was little I was scared of monsters that might live under the bed that might grab my ankles when I stood near the bed, so each night I would take this flying leap onto the bed so I didnt have to have my ankles near it XD. I swear, I did used to do it when I was little and afraid of the monsters. My little brother used to be afraid of monsters that came out of the peeling paint on the bathroom wall...hehe. Thats a unique one. I remember being scared of the Boogeyman too.

Also, another unique one, when I was a kid my big sister wnated me to stop annoying her by staying outside to play when it was getting dark, so to get me to go inside she told me the ghost of the 'White Triangle' would get me. To this day I find it funny, but back then as a kid I was real scared of the 'white traingle' ghost XD.

Course, I dont beelive in any of that stuff any more.

But did any of you used to have monsters you were scared of, if so, what monsters were they? what did they do? Cmon...lets hear of all the scary childhood monsters!

Soph

Years
  • Jake said:
    Monsters. Monsters. The thing that would flighten me most. Any ghoul, living dead, zombie, skeleton, or... anything under my bed, will make me SCREAM!
    I remember doing a school project on Ned Kelly once, and my sister decided he was under her bed and got really scared. XD, Ned kelly under the bed...XD....

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
  • i remember when i was little i thought chuckie (from childs play) was living under my bed.

Monzae

Poison Technician
    Years
  • Ghosts and Zombies are the only type of "monsters" that freak me out....Although I think ghosts are cool. I don't know if ghosts are real yet, but I certainly don't want to find out too soon ;____<

Soph said:
    I remember doing a school project on Ned Kelly once, and my sister decided he was under her bed and got really scared. XD, Ned kelly under the bed...XD....
    I'm studying Ned Kelly at school at the moment xD; we're watching the movie and HEATHLEDGER plays Ned Kelly...HOTNESS!

Jess

Banned
    Years
  • Monsters!

Yes, There were many.
    Most were because I was a strange child, And others were well freaky.

Bob, And the Vacuum Cleaner
    The First Scary Monster developed into my mind when I was 3.His name was Bob, And he lived in my Grandmother`s vacuum Cleaner.Whenever I stayed at my Grandmother`s I would scream if I ever was left in the room alone with the vacuum Cleaner.
    My Grandmother never knew why I called the imaginary monster Bob, Or why I was so terrified of it. (Im not even sure..XD)

The Whoob (Hoob)

From Dr.Wignot`s Book Of Monster`s I learned about the Whoob.This strange monster was a Tall Blue Crocodile like creature.She had a Pink Bow in her bushy black hair.She had a thick pink eye-shadow and dark purple lipstick.The Whoob lived inside of my Closet from When I was 5 until I was 8.The Whoob scared the freaking junk out of me.At night I would wake up and swear I saw her opening my Closet door.

The Wyter (Writer)
    The Wryter was another creature from Dr.Wignot`s Book of Monsters.This monster was a short little orange blob which would attack me in my sleep with a blue pen.I would wake up in the morning and there would be ink stains all over my pillow o.O Not sure how the heck they got there.I beleived from When I was 6 until I was 10 that the Wryter was going to drown me in ink O_o

Dr.Lawrence
    The name of my Great-Grandfather.Dr.Lawrence M. Holcomb was his full-name.He was a strange man.He owned one of the houses my mother owns now (She owns like 3 houses -_-).Anyways... When I was little I would wake up to get a glass of water.And on the 3rd floor in the hallway hangs a Portrait of Dr.Lawrence.The portrait scared the heck out me.I would run down the stairs screaming my head off.And when I was 8 the picture fell on top of me while I was in the Hallway. Since then, The Portrait remains in the Basement -_-

There are a heck of alot more monsters I thought were real.All are from Dr.Wignot`s Book of Monsters... The Book was apart of a series written by the author Mercer Meyers (Author of the Little Critter Books [Awesome Books for when your young]... Anyways..I was a strange child.And I beleived in strange monsters -_-

ReploidZero798

Fear me..fear the shadows
    Years
  • I was afraid of Chuckie, the Leprauchan, Freddy Krueger, Jason from Friday the thirteenth, practically every horror movie creature. I was also really frightened of Corn. Yes, corn. You know how the cans of corn always have this picture of this plant dude, I always thought he was in the cans ready to get me.....
    I was also afraid of Captain Planet. Even as a kid I knew that was wrong....o so wrong :D

Legendary_Pokegirl

~Change the World~
    Years
  • When I was little I used to pretend there were monsters under my bed, because I thought it was fun to scare myself. lol But then one night at like 11:30 I got scared because I thought a saw a monster in my closet. So my mom came into my room, and opened the closet to show me there were no monsters, but I didnt get to see bacause I was hiding behind my dresser. XD

Taki

PC's official CrAzY cAt!!
    Years
  • Omg, so nearly everyone was scared of one monster: The monster under the bed! XD
    I was so scared of it, that at night I always used to jump on the bed instead of getting my feet under it, or I would just run up to the bed XD
    Something strange is that I was scared of a monster of the flushed toilet XD I always used to run when I flushed the toilet XD
    One thiing that still freaks me out is the "Alien Of The Dark", everytime I come from a room and I switch off the light, I run down the corridor, because I'm scared that this kind of black scary alien that appears only in the dark rooms and corridors, is going to get me and take me away from my family XD To get away from it I always run to 'safety' in the lighted rooms... Such a relief XD

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • A few years ago, I used to think HO-OH was living under my bed. Ho-oh. The bird Pokemon. O_o;;

GOD.

life is great
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2005
    ^lol lol lol XD

i feared about clowns under my bed, i would get very firightened around clowns XD

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • Real funny, isn't it? xD;; Clowns are scary with their big, ugly faces. UGLY, I tell ya! O_o;;

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    I watched Ju-on recently (original japanese version of The Grudge)..scared me to death! Mainly coz they were just ordinary people being killed by this horrible dark thing(but im sure the hollywood version wont be as good, coz she's associated with buffy, and it'll be too hollywooded up -lose its "it happens to ordinary people" appeal, and too fake)

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Ju-no scared you 0.0? Ok...The version is ok, it takes place in Japan as well, so it's not really a remake...just a VERY different take of the first. I didn't find either all that scary, Ju-no is just about having a fear that no one can understand because it is impossible to find it. Ringu on the other hand...now that was scary.

FireEmporer

I win. You lose.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 3, 2006
    It, That Clown, Terrified Me (And Still Does... Clowns Freak me Out). I've Never Looked At Dolls The Same Way After Childsplay/// When I Was Like 6 I Thought There Was A Troll In My Toybox...Me And My Friends Charged The Toybox With Baseball Bats and Football Helmits on.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I used to always think a werewolf would try to jump through my window and some random monster would try to grab by feet as well....

Soph

Years
  • ReploidZero798 said:
    I was afraid of Chuckie, the Leprauchan, Freddy Krueger, Jason from Friday the thirteenth, practically every horror movie creature. I was also really frightened of Corn. Yes, corn. You know how the cans of corn always have this picture of this plant dude, I always thought he was in the cans ready to get me.....
    I was also afraid of Captain Planet. Even as a kid I knew that was wrong....o so wrong :D
    *starts to sing* CAPTAIN PLANET, HE'S A HERO, GONNA BRING POLUTION RIGHT DOWN TO ZERO!!!

I cannot beleive I still remember that song O_o XD.

CORN???? Okay now the White Traingle dont seem so absurd. XD!

Soph

Years
  • Emperor ServingSpoon said:
    The only monster that lives under my bed is my younger brother. Oh, the joys of the bunk beds!
    XD, as horrible as siblings can be I dont think they count. XD.

But that was a good one, ServingSpoon. XD.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jul 6, 2007
    I got the joy of living my whole childhood in fear of a million diffrent monsters.The main reason was my brother.he's was and still is a monster loving freak!He told me all about all sorts of monsters that would suposedly come for me in the night.I'll recall a few of his monsters and a few of my own for ya'll.

The Evil Clown-I hated clowns when I was little.When I was five I had this scary looking blue clown that hung on my bedroom wall.i remeber it and it's ugly red nose so well.In the dark it was sooo scary and I hated it!And then my father was 'nice' enough to allow me to watch 'It' a really scary movie about a killer clown when I was only seven!It was months after I saw it that I decided to hide the evil clown away in my brother's closet.For some odd reason though I'm the only one in my household that remember's the evil blue clown.

Vampires-My brother,oh he loved to tell me of vampires long ago.Well one day when I was eight the vampire things got to me.I was alone in my room,it was night,and my window was open.I wasn't paying much attaention to anything and as I turned to look under my bunk bed at the window i could swear I saw big ugly red monster eyes.My brother says it was a vampire and to this day I never open my window at night.I'm such a chicken.

The Closet Monster-The closet monster is a lovely classic.I watched and heard all about monsters coming from closets so i solved that delema quickly.I removed my closet doors so monsters couldn't sneak into it.

The Monster Under the Bed-Another classic monster.I dealt with that scary monster in many ways.In my brothers room I avoided his bed all together,in my room when I had to go to bed at night I ran like crazy and jumped onto the bed,and finally in my mother's room I slept in the very center of the bed and forced my mom to sleep at the edge.Oh what great times I had leaping onto my bed which happens to be the top bunk of my bunk bed.

That's all I care to recall for now.Toodles.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • The only thing I was scared of under my bed was either some pyromaniac monster or a little fire breaking out.

I was formerly a pyrophobic.

Back