• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Timeline: Man, Myth, & Pokemon

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2012
    I had a brilliant thought.

The movies definitely come b4 the games.
    Ash is the Chosen One, in that he awakens the Legendary pokemon to the world

1. Mew is reintroduced, then only thought as a myth
    2. Ho-oh from 1st episode---> Ho-oh in Johto
    3. Beast of the Sea--->
    4. Legendary birds in Shamouti---> Legendary birds in Kanto
    5. Pretty much every legendary pokemon

So, basically Ash is awakening all the legendary pokemon in the movies
    then come the games in which notorious groups try to control these powerful pokemon. Before Ash, people did not see the legendary pokemon as often and they fell into the category of myth and legend.

the Games have never taken place before the earliest movie.

Does this theory make sense?

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • No, no, not at all. What the hell is this supposed to be? What? How is he awakening them? What? I'm lost right now.

Can you explain it more?

Years
  • The biggest flaw in your theory is that the anime and games are completely different canons. For example, there's no Pokemon Trainer Red or Gold from the games in the anime. However, there is their counter-parts, Ash and Jimmy respectively. The anime is really just based on the games, and ventures off to do its own thing.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2012
    The biggest flaw in your theory is that the anime and games are completely different canons. For example, there's no Pokemon Trainer Red or Gold from the games in the anime. However, there is their counter-parts, Ash and Jimmy respectively. The anime is really just based on the games, and ventures off to do its own thing.

It would be a connecting factor though. It could be the other way around too. The games could be based on the anime, much like a movie is based on a book.

No, no, not at all. What the hell is this supposed to be? What? How is he awakening them? What? I'm lost right now.

Can you explain it more?

Before events depicted in practically every movie, legendary pokemon are rarely seen. Ash attacts events that bring legendary pokemon out into the open.

Years
  • It would be a connecting factor though. It could be the other way around too. The games could be based on the anime, much like a movie is based on a book.
    Um, no. The games are in fact what came first, they are also the core of the franchise. The anime is based off the games, that is 100% true. Ask practically anyone here. It's as much of a fact as the Harry Potter movie series is based off the books.

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
  • I'm kinda confused as to what you mean but I do agree that I think Ash is the "chosen one" ... Chosen one for what though I wonder?

Back