• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Introduction Time

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2010
    Evening, peoples of the pokecommunity. I, as may have already been surmised, am MalRune.

"And just who might this... MalRune fellow be?", you might ask, and rightfully so -- you came to an introduction thread for an introduction, after all, and I fully intend to indulge you. For those who have yet to be frightened off by my (intimidatingly unusual?) manner of speech as of yet, I feel this is the best time to warn of my tendency to speak at great length, though I also feel that such information may have already been made through observation.

Do I do it on purpose? I must inform you that I do no such thing -- this is both my natural manner of speech as well as the form I feel most comfortable using. I have, in the past, attempted to write with much more simplicity, only to have it take quadruple the time and procure a splitting headache in the process. 'twas not pleasant, I assure you.

Now that the warning label has been applied, let us get down to business :

I started playing pokemon at a very young age, starting with the red version and quickly growing to it, but I have been a gamer before even that. My very first lengthy word I learned to spell was "Continue", and many other firsts are property solely of the games of my youth (I, for one, do not understand why so many people feel that Battletoads is so difficult :>).

My best memories of the game was trading my Mewtwo to my friend for a level 1 Articuno that he happened to get with a Gameshark (vehemently protesting against getting a level 100 one). I raised that baby from level 1 up to 100 (Peck against Caterpies was xD) and it was my most prized possession.

I may even be able to remember the team... :

Gengar
    Jolteon
    Articuno
    Venusaur

(can't remember the rest... ._.")

That aside, I tend to favor pokemon less for their battling ability and more for the personal sentiments I hold for them. There's very little satifaction in beating an enemy with a team of "only the strongest" if those pokemon hold no appeal for me to begin with, so why fill my team with them? It's much more gratifying to take the misfits I am so fond of and turn them into a working, deadly team. Nothing better.

Hum. Oh, my reason for arriving here is due to my recent interest in ROM Modification (aka Hacking >_>) in order to develop my abilities as a game designer and programmer as well as to create a game that many others can thoroughly enjoy.

Hunh... oh. I'm currently playing Bioshock I (Survivor mode, Vita-Chambers off o3o) and Elder Scrolls IV : Oblivion (Custom Class : "Impedimonk" -- cloth wearing hand-to-hand combat user with Alteration and other magic skills designed to increase/decrease burden/endurance >:]). Old games, but I just recently managed to purchase a PS3 (mainly for Disgaea, but I managed to get sidetracked...), so they're new for me.

When I'm not playing games, I'm probably reading some manga and the occasional anime. The list is available upon request, but this post is lengthy enough as it is and, of the few people have even managed to read to this point (virtual cookie for those who have), even fewer would probably be interested.

And when I'm neither playing games nor reading manga, I'm probably daydreaming of one of the two (unless I'm asleep, in which case I'm just plain dreaming about them).

Hmm... I suppose I'll stop while I'm skirting the outskirts of novel material. Questions are more than just welcome -- they are encouraged -- and I hope to hear a few good ones.

Currently Listening To : The District Sleeps Tonight by The Postal Service

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2010
    Welcome MalRune,

Do you happen to play Diablo II by any chance?

Afraid not. I've played many a Blizzard game, and have observed the playing of Diablo I, have talked with people who have played Diablo II, but I, myself, have no real experience with it.

A shame. =/

Digital Wings

Alert to sounds.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 23, 2013
    Welcome Malrune, I'm new as well - it's refreshing to see someone who types with character, you know?

Also: that's an excellent song! Maybe we can be friends. ^^

Alkaide

••» I hate my homework!
    Years
  • This is indeed a very big and good intro.

Anyways, welcome to the forums, Malrune.

Enjoy hanging in here~ ;D

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Hello, Malrune. Yeah, your intro is kinda unusual. It's unusual coz it's unusually longer than they one I'm used to over here, in NU/W. But yeah, gotta say that it was one heck of an intro. Never read an intro like that, tbh. Most of the time, I'd tl;dr at most of the long posts. But this time, for some reason, your intro kept me glued. That's sort of an achievement in itself, I guess? A lazy brat like me never reads long intros most of the time. xD;

Yeah, I understand. Every body is different. Someone might be comfortable with a specific thing and other might be with something else. It just depends on the individual in question. I, for instance, prefer simple language and do not indulge in writing exceedingly long posts. I have a habit of making medium sized but decent posts. Of course, if I try to make gargantuan posts, I might fail badly. I know that I can't make those coz I'm not comfortable with 'em. That's just the way things are for me. I can't do what I'm not comfortable with. Same goes for you, buddy. If you're fine with it, everybody else should be. After all, it's your preferred way of doing things. No one should have a problem with it. <3

Well, seems like you played Red at a tender age. Unlike me, though. I started playing pokemon somewhere in the middle of 2005. Before that, I never knew about their existence. The first game that I ever played was Red too. I always dreamed of owning my own pokemon and battling trainers(I was obsessed with the anime, you know. xD). The games made my dream come true and I was obviously delighted. I used to play it for hours at stretch. How time used to pass by, I never knew. It was such an awesome sensation. Can't describe it in words, you know. :D

Anyways, I don't wanna drag this post any longer. Who knows, you might not like it, perhaps? I dunno. Thus, I'm just gonna try and conclude it as soon as I can. I'd have written a much longer post but coz most of my welcome posts aren't as big as this one, it kinda feels..you know, different and weird, perhaps.

I'm sure that a sensible guy like you might already have been through the rules. If not, then it's not a problem either. Just remember that you have to follow them in order to have a safe stay at PC. After all, rules are kinda the 'backbone' of a forum. If they aren't followed, the forum would be doomed. And yeah, reading the FAQ might be a good idea as well. It'd answer most of your questions about the forum, I suppose. If you've still got any questions, feel free to contact our resident mods, i.e., Hiidoran and Drew. They're extremely helpful and kind and will surely help you any day. If, for some reason, you don't wanna contact them, you can just PM/VM me without hesitation. I'd help you. :D

Well, I'm sure you'll have an awesome stay over here, Malrune. Hope to see more of you in the future, buddy. <3

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2010
    Hum. First, I must make apologies for responding with such tardiness. I actually prefer to be nocturnal, which is why there is such a large delay between now (my normal waking time) and when I was active yesterday / when I originally posted my introduction (waaaay too early for me =_x;; ).

Alrighty, then. Time for responses.

Zoroark, Wings, Alkaide, I greatly appreciate your welcomes. Everyone gets a d(o.o) from me.

Dorozio -- tl;dr.

Not really, though. You get a virtual cookie. Chocolate Chip, even, unless you'd prefer another type.

Regarding the post length I prefer, I mind less the length and more the quality, so nobody should feel compelled to shorten / lengthen their posts just for myself. That being said, I appreciate your welcome and am pleased that I managed to keep a hold on your attention span (such a statement is a great compliment to one such as myself).

And, ya, I'm fairly certain I'll make the FAQs and Rulebook my new best friends here soon. Wouldn't want to doom the forum, after all.

piecemeal

On An Adventure
    Years
  • Hey, welcome. My style is concise, so we will complement each other :) I find substantive posts with some character enjoyable (regardless of length). I collect cards for the sheer enjoyment and am a big Oblivion fan, too. Nice to meet you!

...I enjoy the control you have over the character and chuckle at the absurd things I can do in the game (punching a crab and giving it a bloody nose was a good time).

The #1 reason I love Oblivion is all the absurd things I can do in it. A lot of which is applicable to rpgs in general, including elf vs. crustacean pugilism (though I don't believe that came up in any recent tabletop scenarios...), and of course magic, adventure, etc.

Sorry about your cards :( I'm just getting started; I think I have around 500.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2010
    Hey, welcome. My style is concise, so we will complement each other :) I find substantive posts with some character enjoyable (regardless of length). I collect cards for the sheer enjoyment and am a big Oblivion fan, too. Nice to meet you!

I know how that feels. I was a pokemon card collector, too, back in the day, until my young and easily swayed mind was coerced into selling all of them. I regret it even to this day, as I did have quite a few good ones for the time. :<

An Oblivion fan, mm? Unfortunately, I haven't been playing it for long, but I enjoy the control you have over the character and chuckle at the absurd things I can do in the game (punching a crab and giving it a bloody nose was a good time).

Well met.

Back