• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Best Sprite Game

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    Thought of the game last night, while playing HeartGold.

So we know Pokemon have had numerous sprites with the last 4 (soon to be 5) Generations.

But there have been bad sprites. But also sprites that have surpassed all others.

So the game is simple.

I say a name of a Pokemon, and the next poster will tell me what their favorite one is (with a included image of it ((Available on BulbaPedia)), please and thank you) and why.

And finally, that poster will say the name of a different pokemon for the poster for so on and so forth.

And yes, if it isn't already clear, this is for Pokemon sprites, not other games.

I'll start.

Staryu

myrrh25

New account soon.
    Years
  • Ruby/Sapphire Staryu.
    Spr_3r_120.png

- This Staryu kinda leans towards you as if its heading straight for an attack or maknig you looking into the gem in the middle of it. Also the R/S games were my favourite :3

Zapdos next :P

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    The Silver Sprite.

If you look, it actually looks amd and you aren't looking at it from its top like most of it's other sprites, which is infact incorrect from the player's view.

Spinarak

myrrh25

New account soon.
    Years
  • Shiny HG/SS Sprite.
    Spr_4h_167_s.png

- I prefer the shiny colours to the original colours of Spinarak, and it's the cutest looking one out there. :)

Chinchou for next poster.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2021
    archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/e1/Spr_2g_170.png

Sorry about link...still getting 15 posts.
    First time I caught him (GS). Gotta love the eyes.

Charizard

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    Banngr, we couldn't see it. At least tell us what game it's from.

FR/LG Sprite

It's eyes were correct from R/S/E and it had a bit of a cuteness to it compared to the earlier and future sprites.

Lapras for the next poster.

myrrh25

New account soon.
    Years
  • The Ruby/Sapphier sprite
    Spr_3r_297.png

- With only three Hariyama sprites to choose from, the original was the best looking.

Quilava please :)

Last edited:

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
    Years
  • D/P/Pt
    Spr_4d_156.png

It looks like Quilava is about to pounce :3

Erm how about...Mew?

EDIT: Oh and to everyone that doesn't know how to add the picture...you have to click the little image of a tree (Insert Image) and then paste the URL...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    Mew's Silver Sprite.

The one actual good sprite of it standing on it's two feet (the other one's are either bad or colored wrong in my opinion.)

Next, Let's go with Volbeat.

myrrh25

New account soon.
    Years
  • The Silver Sprite
    Spr_2s_202.png

- He looks depressed, which is kinda funny. He's standing there with the *depressed-shading* on his face and everything and I get the feeling he's like "F*ck my life..."

Pidgeotto please :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2018
    The DPPt Sprite:
    Spr_4d_017.png

-He looks so free, and it's shows what Flying types need to. That they can FLY!

Squirtle

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    Yellow Sprite:

It's eyes are so big and sparkly, and it looks like it wants a hug!!!! D

Next, Girafarig

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
    Years
  • Hmmm Platinum
    Spr_4p_203_m.png

imo this one and HG/SS have the best coloring, and I think that this one looks more.....active

How about Togepi?

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2021
    Spr_2s_175.png

Silver sprite. Looks cute and brings back nostalgic memories.

I want to give a pokemon with many choices for sprite...lets go with...Machamp!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    It's D/P sprite.

Shows off it's chest the most and isn't in some weird postion like the other sprites.

Next, Hoppip.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011

The HeartGold/SoulSilver Sprite

We finally get to see Ekans coiled up again since the R/B/G series plus it's head looks cute.

Next, Wartortle.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Ooo, a favorite of mine. :)

Spr_4h_008.png

HGSS Wartortle. I'm not normally a fan of gen IV sprites, but this one is pretty cute. You can see the front side of him (unlike the DPPt sprite) and you can see his cute fuzzies. C: Just an all around good lookin' sprite. :)! Plus, he's like "I want YOU for US Army!" You know. Uncle Sam Wartortle. ;)

Smeargle! :DD

Back