• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Modified: Fire Friends (unlimited?)

Years
  • I forget where I found the original idea for this deck, but it was quite a while ago and I modified it many times over out of boredom. I've tested it out only against my friends online and the very few that play in real life. So far I have never lost with it. I am not sure if this counts as unlimited. I am not very solid on the updates of rules. But there is a Pokemon Breed in the deck, so maybe.

(Not sure if the acronyms are correct. I had to use a website with pictures to figure out which set each of my cards came from).

Pokemon:
    3-0-3 Charizard (All PA)
    2-2 Ninetails (All PA) (Vulpix = lv. 20 version)
    2-2 Typhlosion (All MT)

Trainers:
    1 Fisherman (HGSS)
    2 Pokemon Collector (HGSS)
    4 Bebe's Search
    2 Switch (HGSS)
    2 Palmer's Contribution (SV)
    1 Luxury Ball
    1 Stark Mountain
    3 Moomoo Milk (HGSS)
    4 Rare Candy
    3 Scoop Up
    4 Pokemon Breeder
    2 Amulet Coin
    1 Celio's Network
    2 Roseanne's Research

Energies:
    12 Fire Energy
    2 Call Energy

The deck build is pretty simple and is actually very easy to modify with a sidebar or complete revamp to all cards, so long as the Final stages remain the same. (So if any of these are not tourny legal, just knock it out and replace with a helpful trainer [Best to give more celio's and collectors if so]).

Strategy: It's pretty simple. Get a Vulpix or Charmander as your starter. If not, Cyndaquil can at least do some damage while you wait for no cost of energy. You can build up cyndaquil if you wish, but the objective here is to get Vulpix out to collect energy and Charmander to call more guys to your bench. IN THAT PRIORITY. None of these pokemon should be given energy (except Charmander). Who should be getting prepared for Charizard. I generally keep Vulpix out there until I have all the energies I will be needing (3-5), then feel free to evolve into Ninetails. He usually pops up early. That way you have a free escape.

While all that simpleness is going on, fill up your bench with call energies and collector and bebe's search. (You could easily switch 1 bebe out with a collector. I just don't have more Collectors. =\).

Rare Candy and Pokemon Breeder are the star players. I overflowed the deck with them so that you could get that and Charizard together. Again, these guys are your only real hitters. Allowing to hit for +50 damage very early on. 80 damage by turn 2.

Typhlosion is around as back up hitting, but I honestly never use him. I also never use Burning Tail. But if you ever do drop an energy from it, just use Typhlosion to lift it up and place it on a Charmander/Charizard if you got one. Otherwise, just feed him as your secondary hitter. And just keep smashing into your enemy, playing the trainers as needed.

I'm sure this has been done already, but this is the deck I use.

pkmntrainerpaul

New account: P-Sign
    Years
  • Pokemon:
    3-2-3 Charizard AR
    2-2 Ninetails HS
    2-1-2 Typhlosion MT

Trainers:
    2 Fisherman (HGSS)
    2 Pokemon Collector (HGSS)
    4 Bebe's Search
    2 Warp Point