• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

10 year anniversary!

Hakudoushi-kun

Guardian of the Northern Souls
Years
  • next year, pokemon(in general) will become 10 years old. to celebrate this, i think we should throw a party in addition to a new years eve party on Dec. 31
    what do you guys think?

HereticSteel

Ain't got nothin on my Kirlia
    Years
  • Yeah on the day it came out cuz I always go to (off the computer) parties at new years eve

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • images said:
    next year, pokemon(in general) will become 10 years old. to celebrate this, i think we should throw a party in addition to a new years eve party on Dec. 31
    what do you guys think?
    Yeah~~~~
    That's a nice idea~~~!

PS: I thought Pokemon came out at 1996...

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I thought that as well. All my magazines say it came out in Japan in July 1996, and it was 3 years later that it came to the states and Europe... so let's not get our hopes up for the moment at least, should we? :/

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
  • All I know is that Pok?mon.com's copyright notice says Pok?mon is ?1995-2004 Nintendo, GAME FREAK and Creatures Inc.

Dragonfree

Years
  • If Pok?mon is copyright to blah 1995-2004, it means Pok?mon started in 1995. I mean, when a book that's coming out now is copyright to an author born in 1970, the copyright notice in the book doesn't say ?1970, just because that's when the author was born.

Anarchytekt

Techlord
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 16, 2006
    Hmmm...you are right. But if next year is the 10th anniversary, I expect Nintendo to do some Pokebash kinda thing...or make some kinda promotional event

firered_deoxys

the pink one rulez all!!
    Years
  • yeah maybe thats when they release the mystery ticket (not the aurora ticket there is a difference) or when emerald will come out here

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Pok?mon Red/Green (everyone else's red/blue) came out in June of 1996, Pok?mon Blue (what everyone else refers to as green) came out in Japan late in 1995. It got little to no popularity due to its crappy graphics and glitchyiness Technically, Pok?mon was first released in 1995, but it really didn't grab hold of Japanese audiences until 1996. America got it in September of 1998 I think...and the rest of the world got in in early 1999.

Anyways, it is still way to early to consider the prospect of a celebration party. Maybe someone can revive this thread at this time next year...

Dragonfree

Years
  • Err... didn't Red and Green come out first in Japan, and then Blue later as a limited edition game?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Dragonfree said:
    Err... didn't Red and Green come out first in Japan, and then Blue later as a limited edition game?
    after doing a little research, that is true, but I'm definitely sure Red/Green were released in 1996...I wonder why the copyright stuff says 1995...

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
    Years
  • Hmm I remembered the Japanese release date was in 1996. o_O;; So...we'll have to wait another year. I didn't know about Pokemon until 1997/1998...then it became huge. I bet there will be some sort of party in Japan in 2006 to celebrate Pokemon's anniversary!

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Well the thing is, the games started being made in 95' so from then on they had to copyright it...so in a sense next year is KINDA a anniversary.

Back