• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Emerald: Where to use the master ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Just bought emerald off amazon after finding out that my saphire and fire red are fakes using a guide online. I have HG & SS and want it for the pal park. Due to having groudon and have the potential to get Kyogre and Rayquaza so dont want to use the master ball on them. I was thinking of using it on the golems, is there a better point to use it?

Edit: I havee both Latias & Latias already so dont intend make any extra effort to catch them

Last edited:

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
Years
Use it on a roaming Pokemon (Latias or Latios, depends on the colour you tell your mom). The golems stay still so you can catch them with normal balls more easily. Otherwise, you'll have to track it down then trap it and hack away at it. Not fun! Alternatively, you could just transfer it with Pal Park (attach it to a Pokemon and transfer it) and use it on HG or SS. Sorry to hear you had fakes, and I hope all goes well :]

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Rayquaza, he's just too hard to catch with any of the others.
I got it with a Great Ball. ._.

It sits still, just save before starting the fight and keep at it, reload as many times as necessary.

Last edited:

Blue Oak

Personally, I see the Master Ball as the "Mewtwo Ball", in that only Mewtwo should be caught with it.

However, Latios/Latias would make more sense in Emerald :P

The Last One

Stalking Your Conversations
Years
yeah the Latia's for sure..... Ray-Ray? no way.. i caught it with a great ball after i ran out of ultra balls

I caught Mewtwo with a ultra ball and i used master ball on Raiku in leaf green cause it flees

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Well then... You don't have to use it. :)
I'd suggest keeping hold of it unless to come across a shiny; I did once in my entire time playing Pokemon but wasn't prepared, and couldn't get it. If you keep the master ball with you, you will always be ready.

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
Years
I have not used a master ball ONCE in my sapphire. I have caught all of the legendaries so far with Pokeballs (Kyogre, the regis). Master balls take the fun out of the catching of the pokeys.

jjnerdful

Never post
Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2011
There probably won't be any useful uses for MasterBall in Emerald if you don't intend to catch Lati@s apart from shinies that can blow up on you or can flee from the battle. All the legendaries can be caught with luck and patience using Ultra Balls & Timer Balls (Heck, I caught Kyogre after only 3 Ultras...).

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
Years
If you're not going for a roamer, just keep it for a shiny or Pal Park it to your 4th gen games. You might want to clone it first, though, since you have Emerald. (Just attach it to a Pokemon and clone that Pokemon.)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Just save in front of Kyogre and Rayquaza. You can keep trying for those. Pal Park the Master Ball to HG/SS. This thread is kinda useless now since we're all telling you the same thing. Please use the simple Q&A thread next time.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back