• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Crappy Pokémon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmatt

Medium-Rare Trainer
Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    It's been floating around my mind, and I'd hope otherwise, but doesn't it seem like there's going to be a LOT of crappy non competitive pokémon this time around?
    From the many, many leaks, they all seem useless and cutesy (or ugly depending on your taste)
    So far the only "maybes" are the three starter final evos (IF they put the stats nicely, otherwise Blaziken all over again), Kibago's final (*must be*), Zoroark, Doryuuzu (the big mole), Ononokusu (the bad*ss mantis), and maybe Gigaiasu (or it could be another dumb Onix)
    The version's exlusive look just gimmicky, not really competitive, and the alligator could be either good (Hippowdon's good) or bad (Donphan's bad)

So that's around 9-11 out of the whole bunch we've seen...

Your thoughts?

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • How can you even make any conclusion? We don't even have half the Pokemon. If the rumored number is true, we have less than a third of them.

For all we know, they could just be giving use decent Pokemon.

Also, we don't know the stats of any Pokemon.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    @dmatt Ononokusu is a dragon not a mantis and Zoroark is a gimmick Pokemon

Dmatt

Medium-Rare Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Yes, I'm aware that looks can be deceiving, but I've taken into account the last 4 generations where a pokemon that looks like Farfetch'd/Stantler/Luvdisc/Pachirisu are completely useless...

Of course we don't know the stats but I can guess without much error that the flying squirrel won't go further than 420, or that the bug/grass evolution will follow the pattern of the "early bug" and fully evolve at 13 with the same bad total stats.

It's not a rant, it's just a mild worry, and as I said, I hope there's plenty of competitive critters.

Years
  • And what about Starly? Presumed to be vendor trash until it evolved into Staraptor who last I checked was BL. With Game Freak's look of rebooting the series, I wouldn't hold too much faith in old patterns. There's a pretty equal chance that all of the pokemon revealed thus far with be either completely useless or lurking Garchomps.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • Um...what? Lets look at the OU tier shall we? There are currently 48 Pokemon occupying it. Divide that number by 4 and we get 12. 9-11 possibly competitive Pokemon out of what? 40ish. That means we're on pace for more competitive Pokemon than usual.

If you want to include Wobbuffet, Salamence, Garchomp and Wynaut, the 4 non-legendary Pokemon in Uber, then we get an average of 13 each generation. I think Black and White will be just fine.

Dmatt

Medium-Rare Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Um...what? Lets look at the OU tier shall we? There are currently 48 Pokemon occupying it. Divide that number by 4 and we get 12. 9-11 possibly competitive Pokemon out of what? 40ish. That means we're on pace for more competitive Pokemon than usual.

If you want to include Wobbuffet, Salamence, Garchomp and Wynaut, the 4 non-legendary Pokemon in Uber, then we get an average of 13 each generation. I think Black and White will be just fine.

This looks hopeful, and I like it :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    What? They're all awesome! As it's been mentioned, there hasn't been many revealed yet, so I suggest for what you do know, you can discuss it here, which seems to suit, considering you're basing this on how they look. That thread can also cater for the art you don't like, so!

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back