• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

palkia comes from star wars?

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
  • I just noticed that palkias sound in the cartoon sounds somewhat like that lizard thing obi-wan rides whan hes chassing after general grievous.

Does anyone else make that connection?

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Eh. That can happen many times in all other medias too. I've heard Blizzard's Hydra death cry used somewhere. Probably just a coincidence.

Charmander_004

I love Pokémon and Charmander
    Years
  • HAhahahhaha. That's funny but, I dont remember how Palkia sounds in the movie, is it the same? BTW i like that lizard thing he rides its very cool.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • "Palkia's roar in the anime uses Godzilla and King Ghidorah's roar with the roar of a Varactyl overlapping it." -Bulbapedia

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    There is somthing it looks like if you look very closely too~ I don't know if I should have said that as its off topic so heres the on topic bit, thing:
    I've never watched star wars so I wouldn't know XD

I just asked my brother (hes a star wars nerd) and he agrees, it does!

2nd-Thanatos

Watchmen of Sector 2.
    Years
  • I just noticed that palkias sound in the cartoon sounds somewhat like that lizard thing obi-wan rides whan hes chassing after general grievous.

Does anyone else make that connection?

Yes, I did!

It's the same sound he does on Smash Bros Brawl, when using his powers to alter the stage.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Omigosh. I'm watching Revenge of the Sith right now and you're right it does sound like that lizard thing. It's really similar.

Back