• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Monster Island

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2011
(The prologue - and only the prologue - will be in the format of a 'script' of sorts, because it's a...documentary, of sorts...

Here's the key:
Someone unseen is speaking
[Camera movement+scene]
NAME OF SEEN SPEAKER: Insert speech here)

MONSTER ISLAND

===

PROLOGUE

[Camera focuses on a tropical, humid-looking area. Drops of moisture are wiped off lens with a tanned hand.]

Are we set?

Yeah. We're recording. Doctor?

[An elderly man steps in front of the camera. He's eighty-ish, with short, spiky, dirty-grey hair, shrewd brown eyes, and wields a ferociously fake friendly look. The Doctor is clad in a lab coat.]

'DOCTOR': Welcome, dear viewers, to my island paradise. We are currently at Kanto Island, a reclusive home to my many friends and I. I have no idea who is watching and what they will know about genetic engineering, but I'll give you a quick rundown.

Get the first slide.

[Someone hands the Doctor a large CGI image of a DNA strand.]

'DOCTOR': This is a picture of DNA. Natural unchanged DNA. I found a few hundred of pidgeons. This is a DNA image of a pigeon's DNA before I...well, you'll see.

[He hands the printout back to whoever gave it to him and receives a new picture. Here, the DNA has changed in appearance slightly.]

'DOCTOR': This is altered pigeon DNA. This pigeon, bred with similarly altered pigeons - altered in the exact same way - produced...

[He once more gives back the slide and takes another. This DNA strand is totally different from all others.]

'DOCTOR': Completely altered DNA. Remarkable, isn't it? Now, to compare a pigeon whose DNA resembles Slide 2 with one whose DNA is of Slide 3's.

[He hands back the third slide to take two small pictures, both in black and white. Zoom in on the right-side slide. It's a clear, greyscale photo of a pigeon, but with a larger beak, and a slight protrusion on its head. Now zoom in on the next one. It's a grainy, blurred, amateurish photo of a large bird about the same size as a pigeon, but radically different. Its head features three crests - one large one, two small ones. A black marking is featured like facepaint, painted from its lower eyelid to its neck.]

'DOCTOR': The word 'pigeon' doesn't give justice to my...creation. Creations, actually - these new ones are fully capable of breeding with pigeons, altered or otherwise, to give birth to more - but I digress. I have named these...

[Zoom out and zoom in. A close up of the Doctor's face. He has a strange smile.]

'DOCTOR': ...Poppo pidgensis. The...scientific name. I prefer...Pidgey.

[Fade to black. Words scroll onscreen. The text reads -]

"I HAVE SELECTED NINE YOUNG PARTICIPANTS - BETWEEN THE AGE OF ELEVEN AND SEVENTEEN. THESE PARTICIPANTS WILL RECEIVE A TICKET TO Kanto Island WHERE I, DR NATHANIEL ARKWRIGHT, LIVE AND STUDY MY MANY GENETICALLY ALTERED CREATIONS. ON THE DAY OF DAY XXX, MONTH YYY, 2010, THESE LUCKY NINE WILL RECEIVE INVITATIONS TO Kanto Island ALONG WITH A GADGET I CALL THE POKeDEX - FOR REASONS TO BE DIVULGED ONLY TO THE NINE - AND A MAP OF THE ISLAND. UNTIL THAT DAY, A MERE WEEK AFTER THE DAY OF DAY zzz, TODAY, THE DAY I RELEASE MY VIDEO WORLDWIDE!

"SINCERELY, DR ARKWRIGHT
Kanto Island.

P.S. Do not attempt in any way to find out the location of Kanto Island before I announce it. It will most definitely not have a happy ending."

===

Wow. Now I'm freaked. Man...I forgot why I even wanted to add this Note at the end of my manuscript following my transcription of this video I saw on YouTube.

Oh. Wait. Now I remember.

I will be following this transcription with my chronicles of the adventures of the nine (un)lucky victims of Dr Arkwright.

You read right. Victims. Dr N. Arkwright - by the way, his initials when you take Doctor as a part of his name read D.N.A - is not what he seems. Unfortunately, by the time the right people read this, the nine will already be on Kanto Island. I will chronicle the experiences of these nine. My next installment will be published soon.

A quick note. All names - even Dr. Arkwright's - have been changed to protect people involved in these incidents. However, Arkwright's initials - including D from Doctor - are still D.N.A.

Be warned. The nine of you are in danger...

===

END

===

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2011
MONSTER ISLAND

===

Chapter 1
THE NEW KID

The Kotoha household, Shinjuku, was, as the name implied, home to the four Kotohas - Kenta, the father who was a typical late-night businessman, Yukii, a harried, overworked journalist, Shirokazu, the older son of the two, and Mai, the three-year-old youngest member of the house.

Shirokazu - who preferred the more American-sounding 'Kaz' - was a lone wolf-ish sort, whose parents were mostly not at home. When they were, Mai took up all the attention. Thirteen-year-old Kaz was left to his own. He grew up quietly, a young teen who turned to iPods rather than people for friendship. He didn't have friends - unless Shigeru, a cocky, extremely arrogant babysitter who appeared to have taken Kaz under control, counted.

It was summer. Kaz rejected the warm clothes typically worn and was, instead, clad in a black-sleeved red shirt with a long white buttonline and faded jeans. The only indication he felt the heat was a large red cap.

Kaz was upstairs, listening to music alone, when the doorbell rang. His parents were out and Shigeru was yelling at the neighbours, so he went down to get whatever it was.

"Special...delivery for...Shi...Shirokazu..." gasped the man outside. He was an overweight middle-aged postman with a walrus moustache and stubble coating his chins. After a minute to catch his breath, he held out an elongated, flat parcel. Kaz paid him and slammed the door shut. He took a quick glance outside. Shigeru was still yelling at the neighbours and their Labrador puppy, who, it appeared, had...well, used the lawn as its restroom.

Taking the stairs two at a time, Kaz locked himself into his room. Mail for him was rare - nearly unheard of. He ripped open the package eagerly to find...

...a box of chocolates.

With a moan, Kaz sank to the bed, before removing the lid off the box. There were, strangely, no chocolates inside. A large note warned that the box was 'to be opened and made us of only by Kotoha Shirokazu'. Kaz ignored it and swatted it off. An array of things lay before him. A booklet, a belt with clip-like fixations on it, and a metallic, flat black-and-red object. He reached for the booklet.

The first page read:

"YOU HAVE BEEN SELECTED FOR A VISIT TO DR. Arkwright's Kanto Island."

===

Three weeks, a dozen phone calls, and a near-fatal fistfight with Shigeru later, Kaz was at Kanto Island. He had been allowed to go on one condition: he would call them with his brand-new Nokia cellphone every week.

He had gotten as far as Manhattan without a hitch. There, Dr Arkwright's men picked him up. They drove him to the bay in a limousine - a real limousine! - and he was taken onboard a large boat. The captain, a friendly old man named Jared Briney, offered to introduce him to the others, and Kaz accpted.

Captain Briney, a hearty old man in his mid-sixties who wore an extremely large blue coat and a huge hat, and his pet seagull, a mischievous little creature he called Peeko, accompanied Kaz to the presentation room.

A number of kids - Kaz counted eight - sat in the dimly lit room, watching a presentation. As the slides ran through, a lecturer, a drab-suited man with colourless hair, explained in an equally dull voice.

"Hey!" One of the kids uttered a quick, low call. "C'mon, sit here."

With a nervous grin, Kaz walked over. The speaker was a boy a little older than him, with shaggy, unruly blond hair. He wore a striped white-and-orange tee with a long green scarf wrapped loosely around his neck and black jeans. His amber-yellow eyes indicated a humourous, impatient nature.

"I'm Roy," he stated with a grin. "New kid, eh?"

Back