• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Voices and Voice Actors General Discussion (...Fine, ramble)

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Well I don't think we've had anything like this for good whiles or... never, but maybe a thread for people to express their thoughts and discuss voices and voice actors of Pokemon, the guys who spice up (or completely ruin) the action. Let it be English, Japanese, Spanish, or Martian. Oor, you can ramble on how much you hated Feraligatr's voice on that Pokemon Ranger Episode or something. Whatever it be... let it out, just don't go in an inhuman rampage. Please keep SOVA to a minimum, just a precaution. I'm not saying you can't compare two voices, I'm just saying this isn't the place for you to threaten to sue 4Kids or something. Know what I mean?

Ash's voice actors/tresses I think are very well selected. I didn't think Sarah was too horribly bad or off when she started. Also, Ash's Latin American voice actor does his role pretty cool. It's a please to the ears whenever I am forced into Mexico for reasons irrelevant to this discussion. Oh and for you DragonForce fans out there, Compare Ash's and ZP Theart's voices.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Hmmm, this is an interesting thread. :3

I really like Iris's japanese voice actress, she sounds so cute. It fits her perfectly.

I would be very interested if they changed Team Rockets voice actors for the dub for BestWishes, since they are supposed to be very serious.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    I've got to agree that Iris' Japanese voice is rather cute. But Meowth's voice is what I find a bit annoying.
    The rest are all fine.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Oh, how could I forget >__> Iris's voice is so cute and heartwarming. Such lovely music to the ears.

Let's see if TPCi will bother to go 50% the cuteness, though >_<

Years
  • When they first changed voice actors in the Battle Frontier it was SOO bad. I think for a two episode span Ash and Max had almost identical voices. They've gotten better since. I hope the BW dubs continue to get better, I've gotten used to Ash's new voice but he was at his best during the Hoenn adventures imo.

I just hope there aren't any weird sounding pokemon like Staraptor in BW

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Don't worry guys. Rebecca is here to share her god-level opinions with you simple people.

Natochenney has gotten much better vicing Ash than when she bagen voicing him during the Battle Frontier. She's pretty much on par with Taylor for me. Zoppi sucks at being Oak though. he's just really bad. That is all you people have earned from me.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • A friend who never watches the Pokemon anime just recently came up to me and said:
    "I would by the DVD, maybe a set of three, if Iris's VA was Kugimiya. Will definitely fit her well."

This friend really like Kugyuu so he has some seiyuu bias, but Kugimiya does seem like a more fitting VA for Iris.

Years
  • I hated Ash's very first English voice. It changed near the end of the first season. So did Team Rocket's, Pikachu's and Meowth's. Welcome relief. I hated it when they changed Ash's voice again :(.

Back