• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HUGE computer problem!!

Asher

Just your ordinary evil...
Years
  • O_o; Okay, here's the problem.

Recently, my computer has been acting up. And a couple of hours ago, my computer met with an error page and then I couldn't escape, I pressed restart but then my computer (Old one too, '98 model. >.>) didn't turn on but all the Motherboard functions were operating well; it kept going on like this ... "Beep, beep" for what seemed two or three minutes x.x; And it still wouldn't open.

Could anyone tell me my problem? v_v;

Anarchytekt

Techlord
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 16, 2006
    The beep beep sometimes occurs if your RAM is damaged or battery down. I dunno for sure tho. It happened to me. I had to buy new RAM and then it worked cool.

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • Ram could be an issue, sometimes if you mix and match ram, a priorty error can occur. Did you install anything recently?

Anarchytekt

Techlord
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 16, 2006
    Err....he said his pc met with an error page and then it stopped workin...so I guess RAM was properly installed before that.

Asher

Years
  • O.o; It was a problem with the RAM. I think my local computer fixer said it lost connection. Hard impact on the motherboard, probably. =/ And I solved the problem.

Shoud this be closed? O_o;

Asher

Years
  • Jedi_Amara said:
    Yeah, probably. BTW, the beeping on startup is a self-diagnostic test, so if it beeps like that you know there's something wrong with it.

Really? Wow! You learn something new everyday. o_O;;;

Back