• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 9 Starting Pokemon

Which starter would you choose for the madeup game below

• Charamander

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Torchic

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Bulbasaur

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Chikorita

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Treecko

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Squirtle

• Totodile

• Mudkip

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters

Dragon Man

Milk and Cookies!
Years
  • So if you were playing a made up game where you could choose one of the 9 starters (Charamander, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Totodile, Cyndaquil, Torchic, Treecko or Mudkip)
    Lets just say that the 1st gym leader was rock/ground, the 2nd grass/poison, the 3rd bug, the 4th fire, the 5th psychic, the 6th steel, the 7th dark and the 8th dragon.
    The Elite Four would be: The 1st person dark, the 2nd water/ice, the 3rd fighting, the 4th ghost and the champion: 1 flying, 1 fire, 1 grass/poison, 1 water/ice, 1 steel/rock and 1 dragon
    What would you choose?

Igglybuddy

OMG PENGUINS
    Years
  • I'd pick Torchic. Its (eventual) Fire/Fighting combo would be effective against the majority of the gyms and some of the elite. :)

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I'd choose Treecko cuz it passes the old standard of being good against the first gym leader...and it's whole evolution line's high speed and dragonic abilities could really help out later in the game...

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
  • For me its a toss up between Treecko and Charmander! i love both of them...i cant decide!!! AAAAHHHH!!! *goes insane*

Porygon

Banned
    Years
  • Falcon said:
    For me its a toss up between Treecko and Charmander! i love both of them...i cant decide!!! AAAAHHHH!!! *goes insane*
    I'm already insane. *twitches*

Anyway? I'd pick Charmander. Regardless of the initial type disadvantage, I'd almost certianly be able to find somehting with an advantage. Also, its speed is an excellent advantage.

shep

Water Pokemon Trainer OC profile
    Years
  • Hard to pick between the three waters...but I dont really like mudkips evolved forms very much....so it would either be Squirtle or Totodile, prolly totodile...

Glalie

King of All Arbok
    Years
  • I would definately choose Treecko.
    Reasons:
    1. Whole evo line has high speed.
    2. Good against the 1st gym.
    3. Learns good moves.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • I would have to say... Bulbasaur or Chikorita. Although grass types aren't my favourite, I have a tendency to pick them for starters as they are strong and easy to train. I also like both of these Pok?mon. Maybe Chikorita, as its evolutions are cuter XD.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Personally, I believe that all of the starter's potential are the same (if we exclude the super nerf for the grass types in terms of elemental advantages...), so I'll pick on appearance then.

I'll pick Chikorita... Chikorita is such a cutie! ^_^;;

Torchic is really adorable too... but it's evolution line doesn't really impresses me that much in terms of appearance. So... Chikorita! ^_^

Celebi

~Voice of the Forest~
    Years
  • I will pick Chikorita. She is so cute ^_^ Torchic is great too. Its my fav, fire pokemon. Awww...which I should pick *confused*

Vote for green leaf- Chiko!

shiny_jiggly

Pu? (Clueless?)
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Pu?
    • Seen Apr 30, 2008
    Celebi said:
    I will pick Chikorita. She is so cute ^_^ Torchic is great too. Its my fav, fire pokemon. Awww...which I should pick *confused*

Vote for green leaf- Chiko!
    Same case for me. Chikorita looks cuter. I pick her over Torchic from the looks of her evolutions.

ChaoX

The Lugia Master
    Years
  • it would be either Charmander or Torchic. I never really liked my Treecko that much, but hey i havnt played with him that much

Arore

I Like to Kill Things
    Years
  • Mudkip, I suppose. I have grown very fond of Swampert and its excellent advantages against Electricity.

latios tamer

i hate pokemon
    Years
    • Age 32
    • N/A
    • Seen Oct 14, 2005
    torchic all the way man cause he evolves into blazikenofcoars he's also a cuteypie. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Back