• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Zero X

Vincent Valentine

Midnight Angel
Years
  • Prologue
    Zero was running rapidly down a seemingly endless hallway. If he wasn't a Reploid, he was sure he'd be sweating. Why was he running though? There was never anything that scared Zero before. Why start running now? Then he realized what he was running from, it was Megaman. Or, at least it looked like Megaman. He seemed younger, and his armor was different. It was as if he was Megaman, but a different Megaman.
    "What's going on here?" Zero asked this new Megaman.
    He replied nothing. His hand merely shone a bright green and a Saber, similar to Zero's, appeared in its place. He lunged at Zero, barely giving him time to react. Just as Zero was reaching for his blade, Megaman laughed as his blade pierced through Zero's Armor!

He awoke with a fright.

" Nothing but a nightmare. But how? I'm not supposed to even dream, let alone have nightmares. Maybe Ciel know's what's going on..."

He got up from his bed, and grasped the hilt of his Saber.
    It all felt so real though...he told himself, touching the spot where Megaman had hit. His armor was fine though. There was nothing there but a glare from the ceiling light. He neared his door and awaited it to swing open,as it usually did, but it didn't.

"Is everything in this place malfunctioning?" He yelled.
    He unsheathed his Z Saber and jammed it between the sliding door. He struggled a bit, but within moments, he had shimmied the door open.

He took a look around the hallway, as if he was checking to see if Megaman was there. He shook his head in disbelief of his actions. He noticed that everything was though, as he had said, malfunctioning. All the lights just flickered off as he walked by them, leaving the hall behind him shroudded in darkness.

Just a bit longer and Ciel can tell me what's going on...

Last edited:

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • Nice starting, it started off with excietment and followed through to the end of the chapter. I see that you took some of the advise I gave you in the past, and put it into this Megaman (Zero) fan-fic, nicely done XD. I could tell this chapter was the Prolouge, but having a sub-title at the beginning is alot better then having the story just out like that without much of an introduction.

Just try to keep the text more simplfied, overtime its not really needed to have diffrent style text, its creative, but sometimes its a pain to read depending on what layout is being used, and text style.

Vincent Valentine

Midnight Angel
    Years
  • Well thanks for the comments and the advice. I changed the first part of it, and added in some things. The next chapter of this and the GOlden Sun fic should be out by tomorrow at the latest.

Vincent Valentine

Midnight Angel
    Years
  • Chapter 1-Virus Attack​
    When Zero reached teh end of the hallway, he noticed this door was jammed as well. He had to go through the same process as he did last time.

After a bit of struggling, the door to teh command center was open. Zero never ceased to be amazed by this room. Everything looked so advanced. The computer equipment was so small, yet so powerful. The room was completely empty. The only things inside were the Teleporter, and the Screen where Zero's missions were displayed. Then of course were the operator's quarters. Small round areas filled with the tiny computers that moved Zero from world to world.

He snapped out of his daze and his eyes fell forth upon Ciel. Her beauty also amazed him. She was a Reploid as he was, and such a beautiful one. Her eyes were a crystalline blue, that always seemed to skip your body and move to your soul. Her hair, was as long and fine as that of fairy tales. It's blonde color often got Zero thinking of what the Sun he and Megaman used to stare at all those years ago.

" Zero," she said in her angelic voice," is something wrong?"

" Not a thing. Any idea of what's been going on here?" Zero asked, moving forth to the teleporter.

" Not a clue Zero. It seems though, that a virus has breached the computers security systems. We can't stop it until the power is restored and we can't restore the power until they're destroyed," she said, smiling in innocence.

" So basically, we're stuck until we figure out a way to get rid of these pests? Why not let me do it?" he asked.

" We would, but there is no way to shrink you down to that size and get you in there. That kind of technology has yet to be completed. There's got to be another way though," she sighed.

" There just might be. Do we still have the locations of the new energy signals you found recently?" he asked.
    " How could those help? she asked.
    By now, the operators had already began typing in coordinates.
    " I just know they will. It's hard to explain, but I think my dreams hold some sort of key," Zero said.
    "The dreams with Megaman? Well if you're sure. Coordinators, you know what to do," she said sadly.
    " TELEPORT!!" the operators said in Unison. Zero was transported to the same spot he had been in when the dreams first began. He was being taken to the final resting place of the Dark Elf.

Last edited:

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • I think this was the best chapter yet, of all the fan-fic's you posted. Its descriptive, it shows what kind of character Zero, and Ciel are, and also the story is moving along at the same time. The only thing now is the length, but thats not really a big issue, great job Vincent Valentine/Flygon Zero/Reploid XD.

Kelsey

~-*-~-*-~-*-~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2005
    Well, even though you changed your name Rudy, I'll still rate this for ya. ^o^

Well, I'm glad you made a Prolouge, I adore it when people do that. n_n OK, the plot so far seems as though Zero has dreamt that he was supposedly seeing Megaman, and being attacked by him. Waking only to find it odd that he had dreamt anything at all.

I think this Prolouge leaves a sense of suspense in the reader. Which is good if you start writing more chapters. That makes it so people will be hungry for more. ^______^

Overall this Prolouge is awsome, Rudy, I can't wait for more chapters! ^^

~Kelsey

Flygon_Zero

Bow to the Smex Kittie
    Years
  • Chapter 2-The Key to the Past​

Zero had arrived at the grave of the Dark Elf. After his last encounter with her, she had been greatly damaged. She was damaged beyond the point where even the baby elves could help her. She just drifted away into nothingness, and Ciel and Zero thought it appropriate to build something for her.
    " Why does it feel like I should be here? What could I possibly find here that would be of any assistance?" Zero asked, pacing around the grave.
    He decided maybe the answer lied inside the Data Room of the Neo Arcadian library. He tried opening the door here as well, but it remained jammed as well.
    Seems this virus is everywhere. What caused it though? He questioned.

Soon, he was filled with an eerie chill. The very hallway he had seen himself run through in his dream was waiting for him here. He was tensing up with every passing second, wondering what he should do next. Zero had never been one to be too afraid to do his mission, but he was frozen up. His mind came to an abrupt stop and a giant pain filled his head. It felt as if someone was inside his head, and growing in size, pushing the layers of his mechanical skull outwards.

He reeled over in pain, and wanted nothing more than for it all to end. He was now on his knees, hands wrapped tightly around his head. For a moment, he thought about trying to rip his own head off, when the pain suddenly lessened, then vanished. He looked up slowly, expecting it to start once more, but all he found was a strange blue room. He had been in a hallway before, and now a room. What was strange was not that he had moved, but that this room was free of any danger.
    He began walking around, noticing several other Reploids off in the distance. He stood in aw, wondering where he could be.
    " Excuse me sir, but are you in need of help?" a strange reploid asked him.
    Zero quickly jumped up and powered up his Saber. He pointed it straight towards the reploid, who upon further inspection, he noticed was female. She was pink as well. On her chest, seemed to be a giant heart, same as in her hair.
    " Who are you? Better yet, where am I?" he asked, sword still at her.
    " Megaman!!!!!!!" She screamed, hardly noticing Zero flinch. " HURRY!!!!!"
    Zero tensed up even more, and began looking around anxiously. Was this why he was here, to meet Megaman? Would it be his foolish mistake that caused him his life?
    Then arose another Reploid, who Zero recognized as the Megaman who attacked him. His hand when straight to his chest, where he still felt a blade.
    " What's up Roll?" Asked Megaman.
    She quickly ran behind him and said," Mega! This guy almost killed me! Make him go away!"

" I did no such thing, I merely got lost is all," Zero stated.
    " So then why is your blade out? Lan, send me some battle chips," Megaman said.

Lan? Battlechips? What is he saying? Zero thought.
    Megaman's right hand began to glow, as Zero was used to seeing. He knew he was getting ready to attack. A bright blue light shone from his hand, and Zero noticed a blade, the very blade that had cut him, appear in place of Megaman's hand.
    Megaman charged at him, at full speed, and Zero's mind froze once more. His body knew what to do, and Zero was just there. It was as if he was a mere spectator. The battle came to the point where Zero had awoken in his dream, when he screamed," STOP IT!!!!!"

Megaman stopped instantly, this time sparing Zero's life.
    " You're making a mistake! Now please, stop this now," Zero pleaded.
    " Lan, I think he's serious," Megaman said.
    " Listen, I am serious. I need to know something. Where am I? And why did she call you Megaman?" he questioned.
    " Lan, run a check on him. Make sure he's not a virus. Give me the results soon alright," He said. Turning to Zero, he replied," You're in the center of BattleCity's Net Center. For a NetNavi, you don't know much about the net. As to why she called me Megaman, it's my name. Answer some question for me now will you? Who are you and why are you here?"

Zero sighed, and for a minute, a look of hopelessness was on his face. " My name is Zero. I am a reploid from the area of Neo Arcadia. I was currently pursuing evidence of what I believe to me remnants of the Sigma virus regrouping. How I got here, that much I don't know."

" Megaman! Did he say Sigma virus?"a strange voice asked.
    " Yeah, why Lan?" Megaman replied.
    A screen appeared before Zero, and a boy was looking right at him. He had a very free look on his face, with deep blue eyes showing he was still quite young. His hair was dark and brown, long enough to reach his eyes, which it would if not for a blue bandana over his forehead.
    He smiled and said," Hello Zero! I'm Lan. Listen, what do you know about the Sigma virus?"
    Zero sighed, now looking shocked. He thought for sure everyone knew of the Sigma Virus and its effects." The Sigma Virus was created by an evil reploid named Sigma. It controls the minds of Reploids and allows Sigma to use them in his army. All Sigma wanted was to annihilate the lives of humans and make Reploids the dominant species. He was stopped various times though, by my companion and myself. We sealed away the Virus under a heavy lock and key in a virtual safe. The key was kept by my accomplice and named the SV key. As to where it is now, I have no idea. Someone must have found and used it though, as the Sigma Virus seems to be spreading."

Lan, Megaman, and Roll all seemed to still be taking in this information.
    " Wow, so I was right. I guess you can use this more than I can. Mega, I'm sending you an item chip. I want you to give it to this Zero guy," turning to Zero once more, he said," I hope you can use this. I found it a while ago in my father's office. Mega, jack out once you're done."

With that, the child known as Lan was gone, and Megaman's right hand began to glow once more. When the light dissapated, a giant bronze key appeared in place.

Alright, I know this isn't my best chapter ever, but yeah. It will make sense later. I promise! xD

Kelsey

~-*-~-*-~-*-~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2005
    This one surely is confusing. XD But I will trust you in that it'll make sense soon enough. XD I do like how you use descriptions on what the characters are doing, and help bring out their personlities and such. ^^

I like how you've also added elves into the plot, it makes it much more different from the anime. ^____^ Overall this chapter ish confusing, but it's still a great read. ^o^

~Kelsey

Flygon_Zero

Bow to the Smex Kittie
    Years
  • Hi Kelsey!*hugs*

I know it's really confusing.
    It just bled together.
    I have to make some edits now. I should really have proof read it once more.
    All of my writing today is off.
    As to the elves, they actually belong in the plot. They're from the Megaman Zero games, not so much the Battle Network series. I think that's where some of the confusion came from....
    I really should just trash this chapter and redo it....

Kelsey

~-*-~-*-~-*-~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2005
    Really? I was thinking of the anime. XD I don't remember elves in the show. But OK! XD I do think that once you make more chapters, things will start coming together, as they do in most fics like this. ^_________^

~Kelsey

Back