• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Three Winters of Sadness (PokeShipping, MayXBrock Shipping, Rated pg13)

LanceLite

~Clone of a Max!
Years
  • THREE WINTERS OF SADNESS

LanceLite said:
    Authors Notes: my first fanfic yay!! no flaming please, i just wrote this story out of my beliefs and imaginations. the whole story is from Pikachu's point of view.. sort of. its got three hints to parts of this story that i will write soon. Right now its an independant oneshot fic. but.. its still quite big for a oneshot but what the heck. After i write all the parts it will be nice and big.... maybe i'll put it all in a book form or something then.
    LanceLite said:
    Im gonna submit this oneshot to the Christmas contest. pls vote for it if u like it. ^_^​

The snow brushed past the windows as Pikachu gazed outside. Some kids were having a snowfight there. An entire month since the last cold and amusement and that was in a battle against an Ice Trainer. There it started again. The cry of the poor kid on the little bed her father got her. She was just a year old and was growing up quite fast. Pikachu ran up to the bed and straightened the blankets to make them warmer. The little baby's cries turned into a smile and a tiny finger was used to touch Pikachu. And then her mother came running.​
    "Thanks, Pikachu. Now could you please watch her while I'm in the kitchen?" Misty said.
    Pikachu replied with his usual "Pika" and settled down beside the baby.

"I'm home!" Ash's voice came through the front door. He came up immediately to the baby's bed and put his hand on it.
    "Been taking care of my little treasure Pikachu? I really owe you one." He said.
    Pikachu replied with another "Pika".

He immediately remembered what happened a year ago. It was almost near Christmas day that the baby was born and he was very much forgotten. Almost neglected, Ash and Misty's Pokemon grew sad. But soon as the time passed they were given the equal love they deserved. It was just like Treecko had said then, "They are blessed with their first child and will temporarily be occupied with her. It will only be a matter of time when we will be back in their minds. And now that we have a new family member, we will be needed even more than before."
    "The wise old coot," Pikachu thought.

Coming back to reality, Pikachu smelled the delicious smell of Misty's cooking.
    "Dinner is almost ready Ash, why don't you get freshened up and dressed before May and Brock get here?" Misty called through the kitchen to Ash.
    Ash went upstairs to change. Then from his position in the bed, Pikachu saw Treecko, now a fully grown Sceptile carrying plates and setting up the table.
    "I wonder when Brock, May and Mach will get here." He said to Pikachu from there and went back to working.

Once again going into the past Pikachu remembered May and Brock's wedding. He remembered Ash's relieved face, and that he was glad that May's constant
    attempts to marry him or Brock had finally stopped.

Three years ago near another Christmas, their arguments were classic and amusing to watch. But those arguments left Ash, May and Brock emotionally depressed and they could not take good care of their Pokemon. They suffered lack of attention and love and grew very depressed themselves. If Ash's love for Misty had fully died out this whole fight would still be on right now. Pikachu he told the other Pokemon not to give up hope for things to turn out normal. He told then that every cloud has a silver lining, even if it took a long time to pass through. Even as he said this to the others he mostly did not believe in this saying himself.

Pikachu shuddered as he came back to the present, lastly remembering how the arguments and fights ended in a daylong battle between May and Misty. Fortunately Misty managed to emerge victorious.

The doorbell rang as Pikachu snuggled down beside the baby. Ash came down and Misty came out of the kitchen.
    "Merry Christmas Ash, Misty!" Brock said coming in.
    "Same to you Brock, May!" Ash said.
    "Hey you two!" May said, little Mach in her arms.
    "Aww, he's grown so cute," Misty said taking him in her own arms from May.
    "Here we go again, baby talk." Pikachu thought.

Brock and May let out their Pokemon and Ash's and Misty's came out to meet them. Mach and Misty's baby were put together in the playpen in the corner of the room to play, and Pikachu knew his job was over, for now. But he decided to remain in the bed a little longer and get some rest.

On the dinner table the talks turned to how work was. Ash, Brock, Misty and May's jobs as Pokemon Peacekeepers were always exciting. For one last time Pikachu went back into the past of yet another sorrowful winter.

Almost four years ago, Team Rocket was at their most fiercest point. They murdered at will and did the most heinous of crimes. The four and their Pokemon were constantly on the move, tracking down Team Rocket members, and avoiding being tracked down themselves. Pikachu realized how years of training as League Challengers helped at that time. Days, maybe longer, went without rest, food or any healing. Pokemon Centers were ruled by Team Rocket and Marts were converted to Rocket Workshops. Pikachu sadly remembered how the poor nurses at the Pokemon Centers were tortured and later killed, how they tried to defend the innocent Pokemon that were lost in the Centers.

Tears formed in Pikachu's eyes as he remembered how former Rocket Elites Jessie, James, Meowth and their Pokemon died in battle to help Ash and friends. Those were the hardest of times.

Back into reality, Pikachu got up to go and meet the other Pokemon. Pikachu realized that finally it was time for a peaceful Christmas. He knew more times would soon come, where the world will be at war against larger crime teams, and more times would come when his family would fight between themselves. His and his friends' times are over and it's a time for new heroes, Pikachu glanced at the two children playing peacefully and remembered the others playing outside.

"Merry Christmas!" he said to the other Pokemon when he got to them. "Let's enjoy this and all of our time while it lasts."
    But the others just stared blankly at him, not knowing what the last part of what he said really meant. Pikachu knew well enough to keep his thoughts to himself.

Last edited:

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • I AM REVIEWING. :P

Touching, sweet, from the Pikachu's thoughts portraying on all the attention on the baby only. Very nice plot idea.

As for the length...well, I think the ending you pulled off nicely, it's the rushed pace I don't like. Try to set it in a slower pace, or else I think the setting/feeling is changing too fast. Also, please try paragraphing. it's hard to depict anything within the clumped up paragraphs. @_@

But still, it's a fic with a lot of potential. I really <3 the ending and Pikachu's actions/words! Great job on how it starts out and ends, but don't take it too fast. Really, I can't stop reading the ending. o.o;

Nice job. ^~

Years
  • Aww. It's so cute!

Maybe you could write a prequel to this, to detail the events mentioned in the story? I think it'd be neat to see how they got to where they are. Only suggestion is to put a space between the paragraphs for the internet - just to improve the readability. For some reason, it's easier to read it that way on a computer screen for most people.

Hope to see more from you!

LanceLite

~Clone of a Max!
    Years
  • thanx u twos for the reviews! yea im writing the prequels starting in a few days. im just a little busy right now to... but i'll start in two days maybe.

and for readers' convinience i've put a gap between all paragraphs.

Mandy-Chan

*~Candy Mandy~*
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 24, 2007
    That twas good my pokeshippin' pal^_^a tad sad though, poe Jessie,James,and meowth(I could see them going to the side of good if team rocket started doing really horrible things[after all they have teamed up with ash and co' several times)I liked pikachu's finishing statement.Once again,good job,keep up the good work:)
    *~Mandy~*​

LanceLite

~Clone of a Max!
    Years
  • well im not getting all the time i expected i would in the winter vaccations now.. at least i got a lil more to write and then i post prequel 1..... the year of the battle. yea.. the one where TR dies.

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    I like how you don't hide away from tragic moments in their lives. I really like the title too. I just love how you portrayed Pikachu. He's so cute and wise. =3

A prequel would be nice... =3

I love your story. =D

LanceLite

~Clone of a Max!
    Years
  • after a lil bit of thinking ive decided not to post the prequels at PC. this is because the content will get a little.... er.... adult type...... something thing thats not allowed at PC properly, if u know what i mean.

im alredy working on another story and i also have to work on all that stuff frosty pointed out. i'll post that one when its done. but this one, its been fun writing its prequel but its a little too scary to post here.

Back