• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The cubone theroy?

PL50

I hate legendaries
Years
  • It's been pretty famous among fans. If you haven't heard of it (highly unlikely) it means that female marowak were supposed to evolve into Khangaskan. If you look closely at the skull helmet both cubone and marowak, it's a bit identicle to a khangaskan's head, and same goes with it's adorable little baby in the pouch. and when khangaskan dies, the baby takes the skull and lives it's life as a cubone and evolves into marowak if it's a boy, or both marowak and khangaskan as it's a girl.

Sorry for the paragraph! D:

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2011
    I thought the theory went that Cubone was originally supposed to evolve into Khangaskan, but the Pokedex entry of Cubone wearing the skull of it's dead mother was a little too dark (that and the originally name of Cubone was going to be Orphan). So, at the last moment they developed Marowak and had Cubone evolve into Marowak and scrapped the idea for the Cubone-Khangaskan evolution. However, since this was at the last minute, they couldn't remove the data for the supposed evolution (and they didn't want to delay the game to remove it) so what was left became Missingno (Missing Number). Which can evolve into Khangaskan. However, it can do that for a multitude of Pokemon so I'm not sure about the theory itself.

It has, however, created some really cute Pokemon comics. :3

dreyko

Isolated System.
    Years
  • i find this theory very interesting because I've never heard it up until now. now that i think about it kangaskhans head is similar to the skull on cubones head. so, this theory could be possible.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • At first I use to follow this theory but now I do not. I came to the conclusion that certain Pokemon could look like one and another and not be related in anyway. There are some animals that look exactly the same or have similar features and they are not part of the same species so why not a Pokemon. I think thats what the Pokemon company was trying to do.

:t354:TG

Back