• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my HG dream team!

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2012
    Magmortar

Earthquake
    Will-O-Wisp
    ThunderBolt
    Toxic

Abomasnow

Wood Hammer
    ShadowBall
    Sword Dance
    SafeGuard

Ampharos

ThunderBolt
    LightScreen
    FirePunch
    BrickBrake

Noctowl

Air Slash
    Psycho Shift
    Roost
    Hypnosis

This is my dream team so far, if you have any ideas for moves or pokemons please feel free to comment :)

Last edited:

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
  • My changes and comments will be in BOLD:

Magmortar

Will-o-Wisp
    Psychic
    ThunderBolt
    Flamethrower

This set gives the best coverage while making the most of Magmortar's high SpAtk stat. Try to get a SpAtk-boosting nature that doesn't lower Speed.

Abomasnow

Wood Hammer
    Blizzard
    Grasswhistle/Water Pulse
    Ice Shard

Since Abomasnow summons a Hail Storm, it can abuse Blizzard, since Blizzard never misses in Hail. Though it is inaccurate, Grasswhistle can put opponents to sleep. If you don't like Grasswhistle's 55% accuracy, you can give it Water Pulse to hit its Fire and Rock weaknesses. Ice Shard is an Ice-type Quick Attack.

Ampharos

ThunderBolt
    Light Screen/Thunder Wave
    Signal Beam
    Reflect/Power Gem

Ampharos is a Special Attacker, which means physical moves like Fire Punch won't be as effective. Singal Beam isn't bad, nor is Power Gem. Or you could give it Reflect along with Light Screen to halve all damage taken. Make sure to give Amphy the Light Clay if you go with the Screens. Alternatively, Thunder Wave can cripple a lot of Pokemon.

Noctowl

Air Slash
    Psychic
    Roost
    Hypnosis

I'd give Noctowl Psychic for a secondary damaging move. It doesn't have too much of a wide movepool, so isn't the greatest attacker. I like roost here, as it can heal off Hail damage.

As far as other Pokemon, why not catch the Lapras from Union Cave? It's part Ice and also immune to damage from Abomasnow's Hail storm. That's my only other suggestion so far.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2012
    Thank you for the feedback :) By the way, Via the Hail Snow i will Try to use The 3 Pokemon that are resistent to it last. ( Noctowl-Roost - Lapras and amobasnow itself :) ) Anyone that sees this please Help me for a pokemom or reccomend me moves, Thanks

Last edited:

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
  • For Lapras, go with the following moveset:
    -Blizzard
    -Thunderbolt
    -Psychic
    -Surf

Two STAB attacks in the form of Blizzard and Surf, along with Thunderbolt and Psychic to get wider type coverage. You'll hit a lot of types super-effectively with this set.

As far as a final pokemon, how about a physical attacker. If you have 2 DSs and a second HG/SS/D/P/Pt game, try Scizor with the Technician ability.

Try this moveset:
    -Bullet Punch
    -U-Turn/X-Scissor
    -Swords Dance/Roost
    -Brick Break/Night Slash

STAB + Technician makes Bullet Punch a 90 Base Power Steel version of Quick Attack. You have a secondary STAB in the form of Technician-boosted U-Turn or X-Scissor. Swords Dance can raise Scizor's Atk stat making it's physical attacks even more effective. Or you can trade over a second Roost TM from another game to be able to heal off Hail damage. Brick Break or Night Slash in the final slot.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2012
    Thank you again, I dont have another DP but my friend Rarely brings his DS ( With PT ) So i might ask for a Scizor Trade, Thanks again :P

Back