• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gettin Ready for the 8th Gym.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    I might be unprepared, so I need help from you guys. :3

Machoke (Muscle) Lv.36

Female

Strength

Submission

Revenge

Karate Chop

Crunchie (Feraligatr) Lv.41

Male

Crunch

Shadow Claw

Surf

Cut

Cutie (Togetic) Lv.33

Male

Extrasensory

Focus Punch

Fly

Metronome

Bob (Gyarados) Lv.31

Male

Bite

Dragon Rage

Leer

Twister

Ok, that's it. :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm going to guess this is a HG/SS Team, but it could be Platinum and you traded Gatr over, or even White. At any rate, grinding is really going to be your best friend here. If you make sure every team member is at Lv. 40, then you'll probably be able to beat Clair.

You might want to replace Focus Punch on Togekiss for something like Shadow Ball to take advantage of its Special Attack stat. If you have a heart scale, then use it to get Ice Fang on Feraligatr instead of Cut, and use Waterfall over Surf, as Feraligatr wants Physical Moves to do the most damage it can, even if this is in-game, Feraligatr can really pack a punch with Physical STAB and its Base 105 Attack Stat. You also should make sure to let Gyarados have Ice Fang when it learns it at Lv. 32, as it might come in handy for you. Finally, you may want to look into getting an Ampharos or Jolteon if Gyarados and Kingdra still give you trouble, if you're willing to raise one, that is.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    It is HG/SS :3

My Togekiss did have Shadow Ball, but I replaced it with Focus Punch o_o
    I'll replace Cut with Ice Fang. :)
    So this is what I guess my team will look like:

Togetic Lv.41
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Fly
    Metronome

Bob Lv.42
    Crunch
    Dragon Dance
    Ice Fang
    Dragon Rage

Muscle Lv.42
    Strength
    Revenge
    Protect
    Thief

Crunchie (Fera) Lv. 44
    Crunch
    Shadow Claw
    Waterfall
    Ice Fang (Or Ice Beam)

Jolteon lv. 43
    Thunder Fang
    Double-Kick
    Strength
    Pin Missile.

Is this ok?

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
  • My comments and changes will be in BOLD.

Togetic Lv.41
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Fly
    Wish/Shock Wave/Flamethrower

If you can trade from another game, I highly recommend trading over a Shiny Stone and evolving it into Togekiss. And give Togekiss the following:
    -Air Slash
    -Aura Sphere
    -Roost
    -Shock Wave/Flamethrower

That'll be Togekiss's best set. If you can't get a Shiny Stone, then Togetic's set is fine as it is, just replace Metronome.

Bob Lv.42
    Earthquake
    Dragon Dance
    Ice Fang
    Waterfall

Earthquake is a Must-Have here, as is Waterfall. Everything else is fine.

Muscle Lv.42
    Strength
    Revenge/Brick Break
    Dig/Bulk Up/
    Payback

That's what I can do at the moment. What's the ability? If it's No Guard, then you want Dynamicpunch at Lv51 as your Fighting move. Brick Break is better than Revenge unless you're really slow.

Crunchie (Fera) Lv. 44
    Crunch
    Shadow Claw
    Waterfall
    Ice Fang (Or Ice Beam)

What are your SpAtk and Atk stats? If its not too much of a difference, you can go with a mixed set with Ice Beam, Surf, Crunch, Return

Jolteon lv. 43
    Thunder Fang
    Double-Kick
    Strength
    Pin Missile.

Not much you can do with Jolteon here. Jolteon should've been taught Shadow Ball instead of Togetic. I'll see what I can do, though.
    -Thunderbolt/Discharge/Thunder
    -Thunder Wave/Rain Dance
    -Charge Beam
    -Attract???

Like I said, Jolteon's movepool is pretty shallow. You could try the Rain Dance + Thunder Combo, since that will also power up Gyarados' and Feraligatr's Water attacks. Not much else you can do. Jolteon really needed Shadow Ball.

Hope I helped out a bit. I have no idea what TMs you have, or if you can trade TMs over from other games, so I don't know what other moves you have acess to.

7Mufasa7

Velohsytea
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    im only gonna comment on 1 pkmn.

togekiss.
    imho. togekiss best set is paraflincher.

w/ serene grace + leftovers. almost nothing can hit it.

thunder wave
    air slash
    aura sphere
    extrasensory/roost (alot of people say roost but with the paralyze + flinch, i dont see the need for it but its a good recovery move so do what you like)

Back