• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Shiny question....

Status
Not open for further replies.

L-Plate

Still hanging on....
Years
  • I dont know if this should belong in the trade section or not but........

I was wondering if shiny pokemon caught using the action replay code "Wild Pokemon Shiny" count as hacked pokemon?

I allways thought hacked pokemon counted as cheats, but that single code counts.

Saerith

Fear My Glitter!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 5, 2012
    pretty sure they do as that code modifies the pokemon.

L-Plate

Still hanging on....
    Years
  • Yeah, but you can do anything to them as you would any other pokemon.
    You can breed them, trade them and evolve them and they dont do anything to your game.
    Not like the pokemon modifier coded ones.

Saerith

Fear My Glitter!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 5, 2012
    you can breed hacked pokemon easily, evolve them and they do nothing to your game either. It sounds like your using a flash cart with some dodgy cheat codes if its messing up your game.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yes, they are hacked (as is anything involving Action Replay). The only exception to that is by RNGing (random number generator) shiny Pokemon which actually doesn't count as hacked Pokemon. The only way for a Pokemon to not be hacked is for it to be obtained with the aforementioned method, captured in-game, traded from someone legitimately or recieved from a Nintendo event. You can read more about how to RNG abuse here, which is a safer way to get shiny Pokemon without actually being classified as hacked. :)

In the future, ask these sorts of things in Quick Questions.
    EkvQs.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back