• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Shaymin for Pokemon Centres in Japan

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    For those of you in Japan, or with friends in Japan, there is to be a psecial event in the Pokémon Centre next month. In addition to the Snivy event going on, they will be giving away the Gratitude Pokémon; Shaymin as a thank you for the calendar year in Pokémon Centres. Full details of this Shaymin are not yet known but it will be changeable into its Sky Forme by getting the Gracidea in Lacunosa Town. The distribution runs from December 19th to January 5th and, if you have it in Sky Forme and show it to staff at the stores from January 1st to January 15th, you will get a thank you card. We'll bring more details of this event as they come.

- Serebii

How do ya'll feel about this? Annoyed Japan gets yet another not-so-common Pokemon? And if you live in Japan are you going to get it, etc. Think we'd ever get something like this? :(

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2012
    I already have a Shaymin so this doesn't apply to me. IMO though, Shaymin isn't the best Grass type in the world let alone legendary. They're just a collectors item. But that's my opinion.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Was just reading about this. Soooo so mad right now. I missed nearly all gen IV events, including Shaymin, so yeah. I still don't have one and for a second I got excited, cause I have a Japanese White, but then it said it was actually in Japan at the Pokemon Centres. -sigh- Another event I don't have eludes me. </3

Years
  • Shaymin is cool and all but geez enough with pokemon that are obtainable in the trade section! Give us meleotta, genesect an keldeo already!

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
    Years
  • As has been mentioned above we all feel a little jealous of Japan. I would like to see the events shared equally between continents, maybe even different events for different countries. However at the end of the day I do already have 3 Event Shaymins and 1 flawless one so unless it has any special moves I'm not that interested.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I'm sure we'll eventually get Shaymin in some sort of event. I mean, it wouldn't be fair if you didn't have a movie 11 Shaymin to transfer so you can transform it with the Gracidea in Lacunosa Town. But yeah, it would be nice to see more gen 1-4 giveaways.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    Shaymin is cool and all but geez enough with pokemon that are obtainable in the trade section! Give us meleotta, genesect an keldeo already!

This, I want a Keldeo!

I already have a Shaymin in Black, so I'm not too bothered by this but it would be nice if it wasn't just in Japan.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    meh, Japan invented pokemon and has an enormous population condensed into a small place. It should be expected that promotions would be easier and more likely to happen in Japan.

I'm honestly not that interested in event/promotional pokemon. Although it annoys me when things like this hinder the completionist aspect of a pokemon game.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Well, I think I might get my hands on that once I can get around to trading for it. More events is always nice, especially for people who have missed past events.

Back