• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[MMF2] Blobby McBlobberson Jr. III

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Blobby McBlobberson Jr. III
AKA the stupidest name ever conceived.

Introduction:
A few days ago I was talking to m
y friend, and he said he needed someone to sprite for his game, so I told him I'd make the most amazing character he'd ever seen in his life, and the result was Blobby. Of course it was a joke, but a couple days later I decided to make a game about Blobby, and here it is!

The basic idea was to take the stupidest, most boring character (who I've actually grown quite attached to) ever conceived, give him an even stupider name, and then try to make the most unique game possible about him.

Video:

Spoiler:

Plot:
One day, while Blobby was out for a pleasant stroll, he met a young yellow blob, who was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen, but before he got a chance to talk to the young lady, the evil King Blob stole her away, jealous of Blobby's popularity and good looks. Knowing that she must surely be his soulmate, blobby rushes off to rescue her from the clutches of the evil King Blob.

Features:
The game isn't far enough along to mention anything about length, difficulty, or other finer details, but I can give you some info on the controls and powerups, etc.

First of all, Blobby has two main forms. Blob mode, and ball mode. Generally speaking, blob mode is for moving vertically more quickly, and ball mode is for moving horizontally.

• Blob mode will have a double jump, wall jump, and is generally easier to control when fighting enemies. If you have an ice powerup you can slide more quickly when moving left or right, allowing you to move horizontally more easily in blob mode.

• Ball mode moves very quickly left or right, and can jump over very large gaps. If you have an electric powerup, you can roll up walls, allowing you to move vertically more easily in ball mode.
There are four powerups: Fire, Ice, Electric, and Metal. Fire, Ice, and Electric leave a trail of their perspective element behind you when in ball form, and a small bit of it when you hit the ground in blob form. Enemies that touch this will be killed. Metal form is essentially a suit of armor. When you take a hit in metal form, you lose the powerup, but it kills the enemy that hit you, allowing you to continue unharmed.

To Do:

Spoiler:

Tool Used:
Multimedia Fusion 2
(You should try it out if you haven't already. Easily the best game creation program I've used, and the Newgrounds version is free.)

If you have any ideas or suggestions, feel free to post them here for me. Also, if you can make 8 or 16-bit music, and want to help out PM me, because that's the only thing that I can't do myself.

Last edited:

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Hmm. Interesting.

It actually looks really fun to play. :D

I assume fire and electric are used to defeat enemies? is there any difference between them?

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Hmm. Interesting.

It actually looks really fun to play. :D

I assume fire and electric are used to defeat enemies? is there any difference between them?
Not really, other than that they can't affect enemies of the same element type. The fire trail behind you also lasts longer than the electric and ice trails.

Back