• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: .ISP file extension on one of the roms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2012
    I tried downloading a ROM last night and it downloaded fine, however my VBA couldn't read it as it was a .ISP file extension.

How can I fix this so my VBA can read it? It seemed like a good ROM, but I can't open it to play it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2012
    Aye, I meant IPS. I only just woke up so I got the two around the wrong way. Where can I go to patch the VBA? Is it the site I downloaded it from originally?

Years
  • On PC it's again the rules to post actual rom's as it's illegal, or if not that there's a whole lot of complications surrounding them. As a get around for this people who are developing Pokemong ROM hacks post the IPS file instead which patches the pokemon rom file, which you can find via an internet search engine, using something like Lunar IPS.

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
  • Erm, just so you know, this is best posted in the Emulation center, not here. There's also a thread there explaining how .ips files work since I'm too lazy to write down the directions anyway XD

If you need any further assistance concerning ROM Hacking, I suggest checking out this thread here or you could just VM me and chat about waffles all day :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2012
    Ah ok, this just seemed like the best place to post it as it was a questions and answers thread.

I shall go to the other thread, thank you!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back