• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dictionary Files

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
  • I'm planning on restarting my computer from scratch soon to hopefully bring it back up to speed. So, I've been searching for updates to programs I have and saving the websites to a text file that I'll print and use once I restart everything. I'm also looking at programs I've been interested in but haven't downloaded.

One such, being Spellaroo. An intergrated spellcheck and autocorrect for IM clients. (After 15 days I can choose to either buy it or install a BHO. I'm going to install BHO Demon before hand which should let me disable the BHO. Funny how I want a clean computer but want the program that has adware.) Anyway...it doesn't have an English (Canada) dictionary file (it doe allow you to add more dictioanries, they have some at their site, just not the one I need). So, any idea where I can find the one that Microsoft Word uses already or if there is somewhere where I can download one. I don't know if I can add auto correct files to Spellaroo, but just in case the same question applies.

Dictionary files are .lex BTW.

I've run a search through my computer for the .lex files (still going) and they're popping up. I just don't know which is the English (Canada) one.

Thanks

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Then again...I've been rereading the features to Spellaroo.
    Add words to your dictionary
    . Hmm...that seems alright, the majority of our words use the "American" spellings anyway. When I get to a word that has a Canadian spelling (Favourite instead of favorite for example) I'll just add it in.

Last edited:
    Back