• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Bringing Back the Journal?

Beth

DEAD ACCOUNT
Years
    • Seen May 8, 2012
    I don't know about any of you, but I found the Journal (Key item in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum) very useful. I tend to play the game for a long time (maybe a few hours) then take a big break (which usually lasts days, ha ha). I just think it would be good if they brought it back, considering the fact that I have the attention span of a goldfish...
    Er..I really want it to be a Key Item again, but chances are it won't (Aside from the fact they've already created BW2)

Would you want the journal back, was it useful to you?
    Does anyone think they'll ever bring it back?

BlaqJester

Guru
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2013
    Actually goldfish have great memory I've seen them synchronize swim before lol but yeah the journal should be just as standard and the bike taking long breaks and trying to remember what you did after 2 months is tough

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2012
    I didn't like it. I get on, and it tells me I was on route 3,904. So I ride my bike there to see what I was doing, and end up wasting time...

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2013
    I honestly didn't mind the Journal, but it never really helped me out. Maybe if it was more in-depth like "Trained this Pokemon on this route" or "hatching these Pokemon eggs".

Years
  • Never really cared for the journal. I could see where they thought it to be a good idea though. It didn't bother me to the extent of my being annoyed if it returned.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Add me into the chorus of finding the Journal an annoyance, rather than a good thing. Maybe it'd be better if it was a feature that was accessible once you'd already started the game, but having it slow-down your getting into the game is something that I've never really cared for.

Back