• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RMT OU

lucariopulse333

Yeah you
Years
    • Age 27
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 26, 2019
    Hello, thanks for taking the time to RMT :D This team hasn't been working out too well but I don't want to scrap it. Here it is:

Roserade calm @ Black Sludge (Natural Cure)
    252 Hp 120 Def 136 Sp.D
    Toxic Spikes
    Giga Drain
    Hidden Power (Ice)
    Sleep Powder

My Toxic Spiker and sleeper. Roserade is great and can absorb opponents toxic spikes, absorb status effects thanks to natural cure and has decent Special Defence.

Deoxys-D Bold @ Leftovers (Pressure)
    252 Hp 56 Def 200 Sp.D
    Taunt
    Toxic
    Recover
    Stealth Rock

My SR setter of the team,and a defensive Pokemon overall. This guy just toxic stalls and just uses SR when I have nothing else to use XD Taunt is to stop myself from being taunted, unless I'm slower, I gotta switch.

Heatran Modest @ Choice Scarf (Flash Fire)
    252 Sp.A and Spe 4 Sp.D
    Overheat
    Flamethrower
    Hidden Power (Ice)
    Earth Power

My scarfer on this team. Heatran can unleash devastating blows and put a good dent in Pokemon that resist Overheat. Can sometimes be mistaken for a defensive Heatran as those are popular.

Skarmory Impish @ Leftovers (Sturdy)
    252 Hp 232 Def 24 Spe
    Roost
    Whirlwind
    Spikes
    Taunt

My spiker and physically defensive wall. This guy is so beast and is great for toxic stalling. Also I don't get spike damage or poisoned at all which is a bonus.

Chansey Bold @ Eviolite (Natural Cure)
    252 Hp and Def 4 Sp.D
    Seismic Toss
    Softboiled
    Wish
    Toxic

A great wish supporter and very bulky, Chansey synergises well with Skarmory and can also take status moves. Wish will heal 352 of any team mate so great for Pokemon that can't heal at all (Heatran).

Conkeldurr Adamant @ Toxic Orb (Guts)
    224 HP 252 Atk 32 SpD
    Drain Punch
    Mach Punch
    Payback
    Facade

ConkelDERP is a brilliant Pokemon with the ability to hit really hard with Guts activee. Facade reaches massive levels of destruction so how could I pass that up? This guy can rip teams to shred if they're not prepared.

So there you have it. Comment rate, and hate!

Sayan

is tightening its focus
    Years
  • There are two things that struck me when reviewing your team.

1)Your Team doesn't have an answer for weather boosted water attacks, your only resist being the frail Roserade. Special attacks can be taken by Chansey, but physical Water attacks will tear through Roserade. Gyarados can sweep the whole team as it doesn't take much damage from defensive Rose's Giga Drain and can Taunt or Substitute on Sleep Powder. Furthermore, it can easily set up on Chansey, Heatran and if it's an Intimidate variant, Conk. And as Skarmory can only Taunt it, it can just set up a DD on the switch and proceed to attack. A few ways to deal with this is using Brave Bird on Skarmory (taunt isn't that useful cause of its low speed) and Stone Edge on Conk. However, a more reliable way would be to use a scarfed Infernape with Thunderpunch instead of Heatran. Scarf Ape outspeeds +1 speed Gyara and most people stay in on Ape as Gyarados resists both its STABs.

Another way of dealing with Water types like Azumarill and Feraligator would be to use Toxicroak over Conk. Not only does it take water attacks, it sets up on most members of a rain team with a sub + bulk up or a sub + swords dance set. And much like Conk, it scares away Ttar. It also resists both of Terrakion's STABs, meaning it can deal with a great part of both rain and sand teams.

2) Taunt+ Swords Dance Gliscor can easily set up as it can taunt Skarmory to completely shut it down. And even if it doesn't have taunt, Skarmory can't really do anything other than whirlwinding it out. If it keeps on setting up a Swords Dance while you switch Skarmory in, it would keep doing damage to you with Ice Fang/Facade while it takes 12.5% sr damage. So, that's another reason to use Brave Bird over Taunt on it. If you don't like the recoil, you can use Drill Peck, but it doesn't really matter with roost. And the decrease in damage is a lot.

lucariopulse333

Yeah you
    Years
    • Age 27
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 26, 2019
    Ok, Scarf ape and a toxicroak. But toxicroak can't do much when he is not against a rain team and Brave bird will be on Skarmory soon. :)

Back