• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Making Pokemon in C++.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2013
    Pokemon Game.

Edit. Found a partner.

Please close

Last edited:

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
    Years
  • First of all, I do not recommend using GLUT. It's been deprecated. Use GLFW instead. Are you only using OpenGL 1.0? Use at least 2.1 with shaders or 3.0+. Otherwise, everything you'd be doing is also deprecated. Then you'd also need GLEW and GLMathematics.

Where is your Pokemon class? I recommend using static variables for things like height so you can access them anywhere. That's all I can say. I can't write your game for you.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I just wanna say, that for one of my assignments in my programming class at Uni I programmed a Pokemon Battle to run text-only out of the command line, with file reading for all the Pokemon/Moves/etc. That took me four weeks to get right, let alone good, and was over 800 lines of code at submission. And even then, moves could only deal damage (i.e. no status or stat raising) and you couldn't use items. Point is, just a battle was hard enough work, so I hope you and your friend aren't being too ambitious with this. Good luck.

Back