• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can Anybody help me with EVs?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 30, 2013
    I finally beat my platinum game with the Elite 4 and is planning to challenge the battle frontier. However, my friends started babbling about EV and IV and all that. I tried to read about them online, but I dont get it! Can somebody help me? T T Can you also cover these points :D

1. How can you tell which pokemon give what points?
    2. So do you get it levelling up or after defeating desired pokemon?

Thanks~ any help is appreciated

JesterLegacy

Random Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2013
    Apparently, the best explanation I got regarding EV is from here

But I'll try to explain it anyway, and I can't say I understand EV 100% myself, but I'll try:
    Each Pokémon will distribute EV after they are defeated, and the amount of the EV is different for some, as well as the status that the EV will be distributed to. For example, a Pidgeot will give you 3 Speed EV when defeated, while Sandslash will give you 2 Defense EV. For a level 100 Pokémon, it's status will increase by 1 point for every 4 EV. For instance, you got 4 ATK EV, and your Pokémon's ATK will increase by 1 point. I don't really understand the distribution itself for Pokémon that has the level lower than 100, other than the remaining points will be distributed eventually until it reaches level 100.

You can know what Pokémon gives what EV and the amount from here

As for when you get them, I think it depends on the generation. For the Black White generation, you get it after the battle. You can find out about the others from here

Years
  • 1- Ingame there is no way to know which pokemon give what points. You can check sites like Bulbapedia, Serebii.net and Psypokes to check any pokemon you want.

2- You get points after defeating the Pokemons, but the EV's will only make effect when you level up. Actually, most times it takes longer than a single level up, you need to get to level ~50 to see real the difference they make.

I can try explaining it to you, but someone with a better English than me can do it better n__n

Years
  • This isn't quite the section for a thread like this, so I'm going to have to close it. Hopefully you've gotten enough info on EVs to give you a basic understanding, but if not, feel free to check out the 4th Gen Help Thread (since you were talking about Platinum) for any more questions you may have.

CLOSED.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back