• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HOLD IT! It's Phoenix Wright~

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I wanna revisit this topic, since there's becoming more, and more hype for Gyakuten Saiban 5. Here are the current game lists in the series:

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Phoenix Wright: Justice for All
Phoenix Wright: Trials & Tribulations
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney Investigations
Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney Investigations 2
Ace Attorney 5 (coming soon!)

Which ones did you play, which one is your favourite, and why? What do you think of Ace Attorney 5 so far? Are you going to play it?

Feel free to share thoughts!

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Ive played Ace Attourney, Justice for all, Trials and Tribulations, Investigations and Im currently playing Apollo Justice.
My favourites are Trials and Tribulations > Ace Attourney = Investigations. I always thought that the first one was great. Then when I got Justice for all I was...well...okay with it. But when I finaly got Trials and tribulations...oh man...it blew my expectations... It was a perfect finale for the three games series.

Now that Im playing Apollo Justice I have few mixed feelings but yeah...I guess this game is also grat.

I loved investigations. I loved the new things they made with the game mechanics. Also I liked the difficulty. It was way more challenging than previous games.

Of course Im super hyped about AA5 (hence my sig) Im actualy buying the 3ds just so I coukd play it. Also since famitsus score (37/40) Im even more hyped. Also Im bit scared about the story and how things go. :P But hey...It finally a new Ace Attourney...

Years
I have played through every Ace Attorney game. Except Investigations, I never beat the last case. I love the series personally, it has some amazing moments (I'll try not to spoil anything) and an amazing cast of characters. Apollo Justice was my first game, and I loved it. I'm currently replaying it, and I'm not as fond of the Phoenix Wright storyline as I was before I'd played the Phoenix Wright games. Still, AJ is fantastic. My favourite case is the last case of the second game, Justice for All. I can't describe it, it was just awesome.

As for AA5... I'm super excited. A 3DS game featuring Wright and Justice as defense lawyers? Count me in! I can't wait.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I've played every singly Phoenix Wright game too; even Ace Attorney Investigations 2, but... it was still only in Japanese. D=

My favourite characters in the Phoenix Wright games are Ema Skye, Phoenix Wright, Maya Fey, Pearl Fey, Miles Edgeworth, Franziska von Karma, Godot, Angel Starr, Apollo Justice, Detective Gumshoe, Klavier Gavin, and... well, pretty much everyone save a couple of people (ie. Matt Engarde).

I'm excited about AA5 too. :3 Notsalgic characters are coming back, and the graphics and new features look amazing~ ^^

SomariFeyWright

Seven years is all it takes...
Years
This topic exists and I am proud.

I love all Ace Attorney games and honestly, I can't pick a favorite. If a game lacked in some aspects they did amazing in others. I have played every game released in America, from Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, to Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth.

While I do want Gyakuten Kenji 2, my biggest concern is with Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney. I mean, Ace Attorney's crossover with the perfect opposition and it's STILL stuck in Japan. Everyone says it'll probably be localized everywhere but can you blame me for worrying? <<;

... That said, I am very much looking forward to Dual Destinies. I have some friends on an Ace Attorney roleplaying site I go on who understand Japanese and have played through the game and say it may easily be one of THE best in the series.

Overall, love all the games, and looking forward to the new one. And the crossover.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Fortunately for us, Dual Destinies will not mark the end of the series:

I can tell you that once it's out there and once we see what people think, we'll have a good idea on what direction to go in next. I personally love the Ace Attorney universe. I don't want it to end, I don't think it will end with this. Exactly what shape it will take remains to be seen. Can't talk too much about that now, but I highly doubt this will be the end of Ace Attorney and Phoenix Wright.

I mean after the whole Fey Fued, I expected it to end, and with him passing the touch to Apollo, but, could this mean more games tarring Phoenix Wright? Hm~

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
I just finished apollo justice (literally 10 oor so minutes ago) and about time too. Oh boy. Talk about a good ending. So my thoughts were... Regarding the m rating of dual destinies. Does anyone have ideas why this is? No spoilers please. Just your thoughts or suspicions. :D

Personaly I think the series is taking abit darker turn. I mean Apollo Justice had pretty dark things in it...and they were not even that much on the surface. So I guess the story would have more darker tones etc etc. Also i guess things might be more graphical than before. Any thoughts? Anyone? :D

SomariFeyWright

Seven years is all it takes...
Years
I have not done much research into the M-rating as of yet. It'd probably be very spoiler-ific, and I'm barely dodging those as is. Speculation says it is due to the increased amount of graphical capabilities allowing for more blood and such, but I theorize there may be things in the game that make it a bit more extreme than normal. But who knows?

... Oh, and also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNnQ2dETRAo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Crossover confirmed for localization, fellow Ace Enthusiasts~

Back