• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The red and ash being brothers theory

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
Years
  • I was reading through alot of the pokemon conspiracy theories last night I'm pretty sure most of us know the stories from the lavender town syndrome to haunter and voltorb. Even though I found this theory to be a bit looney it had me thinking even though I feel that professor oak gave ash pikachu is because he met him as Sammy (Celebi movie) and purpously gave ash pikachu but obviously keeping it a secret. I also have a theory that the other two trainers that left pallet that no one mentions are leaf and red. I don't know I could be connecting dots that aren't there but it sure is cool to wonder

Link to the red is ash bro theory if you haven't heard of it by now
    http://fyeahpokemoncreepypasta.tumblr.com/post/9584967276/brother-theory

Shamol

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.
    Years
  • This theory seems to hinge on Ash's ineptitude as a trainer compared to Red.

Now I don't agree with this premise. We need to understand that Ash and Red occupy virtually different universes- the anime vs. the game. The game has very easy rules, while the anime is much more realistic and obviously harder. This is why Ash seems inept to us, while in reality he's just operating in a different, more realistic world.

This aside, other premises that the pasta uses to argue for the brother theory:

- Ash's Pikachu is very overpowered (which is explained by saying it's Red's)
    - Brock and Misty quit their gyms (in order to look after Ash)

Seriously, one would require an extreme stretch of imagination to get from these premises to Red being Ash's brother. Conspiracy theories about pokemon are interesting, but only when their premises are interesting and surprising. This...just seems too stretchy for my taste.

Back