• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon IV's... and maybe EV, problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamsilver101

~Silver
Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    So since I don't know how the hell to use PokeSav (You can explain it to me if you want, I don't care) I found this app on my iPhone called PokeBuilder. Its similar to PokeSav, except you can only download one Pokemon to your game at a time. My favorite Pokemon is Lucario, so I experimented on it first. Giving it the max number of Individual Values for pretty much everything, making it shiny, giving it the Modest nature and perfect moveset, I also gave it Effort Values, the most possible in Sp. Attack and Speed, while using the last 4 for Health. Surprisingly, I compared it to my LEGIT Lucario in my game. It (The Legit one) had higher defenses! Can someone explain what the mother duck is going on? <_<

Last edited:

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
    Years
  • I have no experience with PokéSav and the like, but my guess is that your legit lucario has invested enough EVs in the defenses (along with whatever IVs that lucario has) so that they're higher than what 31 IVs + 0 EVs give. Also, the nature might be beneficial for a defense stat. Of course, I'm assuming that both lucario are at the same level and that you didn't EV-train the legit one specifically; if you did, then I don't know.

iamsilver101

~Silver
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    I'm PREEEETTY darn sure that I havn't EV trained my Legit Lucario. And yes, the hacked one had 31 EV's in pretty much everything. They're the same level, and same nature... I just don't understand. :/

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
    Years
  • Then yeah, it's probably the random EVs it gathered up in the defenses by chance. Maybe it has close to 30 IVs in those stats too, so it would be more likely that random EVs bump them up higher than just what 31 IVs can do.

Years
  • I honestly can't help you here, since I'm not knowledgable enough about IVs/EVs/Natures and the like. One thing I do know is that any game related questions should go in their respective sections, and not in Pokemon General. Since I'm not sure exactly what game you were doing this in, I suggest checking out either the 4th Gen Help Thread or one of the Quick Question threads stickied over in Fifth Generation Gaming if you're still confused on the matter.

CLOSED.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back