• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Topsites Errors...

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2008
I've just installed my Topsite at www.topsites.pokedrome.info

Whenever I try to join It gives me this error
Topsites said:
Error!

You forgot to:
The word you entered does not match the image.

Please go back and fix those errors.

I've tried editing and many other things in the Admin Panel but it's not working. Any idea what the problem is?

And also whenever I try changing the skin, this message turns up
Warning: fopen(./config_skins.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/virtual/pokecool/public_html/topsites/admin.php on line 804

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/virtual/pokecool/public_html/topsites/admin.php on line 805

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/virtual/pokecool/public_html/topsites/admin.php on line 806

So Niftily I just uploaded the stuff in my new skin into the default skin folder and made my skin the default skin.

But I just want to know what is the problem.

~ CC

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2008
Do you know what?s the problem with joining, cause my friend tried joining and got the same error message. I even deleted the MySQL Database and recreated it but this problem persists.

I?m not that knowledgable about PHP, so I never even touched the Admin.php file. I just followed the instructions which I read in the manual. Anyway Here is the full code relating to skins and I have underlined Lines 804, 805 & 806. Hope someone is able to find the problem and tell me how to correct it. Another funny thing is that line 805 is a blank line. LOL! Can someone check with their working Topsites file and tell me.

function settings_skins () {
global $CONFIG, $db, $FORM, $LNG, $TMPL;

if (!$FORM['default_skin']) {

$skins_array = array();
$handle = opendir($CONFIG['skins_path']);
while (false !== ($file = readdir($handle))) {
if ($file != "." && $file != ".." && is_dir($CONFIG['path'].'/skins/'.$file)) {
array_push($skins_array, $file);
}

I Just re-Uploaded the Admin.php file and tried to edit the skins but I got another error this time
Warning: fopen(./config_skins.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/virtual/pokecool/public_html/topsites/admin.php on line 798

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/virtual/pokecool/public_html/topsites/admin.php on line 799

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/virtual/pokecool/public_html/topsites/admin.php on line 800

These are lines and I have underlined the 3 lines with error
$file = $CONFIG['path']."/config.php";
$fh_config = fopen($file, "w");
fwrite($fh_config, $newconfig);
fclose($fh_config);
$TMPL['content'] .= $LNG['a_s_updated'];
}
~ CC

Last edited:

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
Years
http://www.aardvarkind.com/topsitesphp/manual/4.2.2/install.shtml

It says there to CHMOD your two config files to 666. You should be able to find the CHMOD option in your FTP program - if not, which one are you using? We can tell you where it is. Please look at the manual for the script you're installing next time.

EDIT: By the error message, it seems that there's supposed to be an image in there to prevent automated sign-ups (I'm sure you've seen this before, eg. on email signups). This is probably because it's a beta version. You could try using the latest stable version, which is probably 4.2.1 or something.

JDS

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2007
CHMOD is about as layman as it gets - it details what type of permissions are on the file in question. 755 (or 666 in this case) will make sure your script has access to the file.

scolari

spriter god (yes me)
Years
chmod is the easiest thing you could possibly do go to googl
e type in chmod and then you program and you will find a help program

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
You usually right click the file and then click Properties to CHMOD. That's how it is in most FTP programs. Most of them let you just type in the CHMOD #

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2008
I use FlashFXP. Okay Thanks for the Help
*Reminds myself to CHMOD Confid.php as 755*

Thanks again JA, I'm installing a new version right now.^_^.

~ CC

Greg

The beta versions rarely work. And if you can find it, turn off image thingy in the admin panle. Those are annoying.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2022
I've gotten that problem with the image too. [I was joining someone's]

v_v I hate those things anyway.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2022
And I didn't mean topsites...I meant those number image things.

Why don't you just find another topsite thing?

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2008
Jedi_Amara said:
I take it you got it working since you sent around an advertisement PM - congrats~

Congrats..Ahem..

Yeah, It was fairly easy. I knew CHMODDING but I kinda didn't know it by the name, since FlashFXP has it like "Edit Attributes" and editing the permissions is quite easy.

One last help, how can I remove the "Tricked into Comin" thing.

~ CC

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2008
Jedi_Amara said:
Go into your admin control panel into the Settings page and turn off the gateway page.

I love you JA. *Huggles JA*. I must really be blind to miss all this.

~ CC

Back