• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

180SearchAssistant

Samuri Scearious

Alone in the World.
Years
  • What is 180SearchAssistant? I found it on my computer. It's giving me ads and stuff. Does anyone have information on what it is or how to get rid of it?

Xion

The Jesus of Suburbia
    Years
  • Just go ahead and delete that piece of ... crap. It's a spyware.

download the Windows anti-spyware or the adaware and that would do the trick. Go to microsoft.com to download them.

Xion

The Jesus of Suburbia
    Years
  • yeah, and if you havent upgrated your computer to Service Pack 2 do it while you are there. It will help alot when it comes to internet security. (The service Pack 2 is only available for Windows XP)

Xion

The Jesus of Suburbia
    Years
  • Using the search on Microsoft.com look for "spyware" and that should lead you almost right into the download page for windows anti-spyware.

Now do another search but for "servive pack 2" and go to the download page for it.

Leo

www.unowncave.tk
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    not really
    i apply "3 line of defence" on all of my comps..
    1) Microsoft Anti-Spyware
    2)Norton Anti-Virus
    3)Zone Alarm(Mine is pro)

With this 3 protection..
    no virus or adware can get it..

smithy.boy

Hack and PKMN egg farmer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2022
    i bloody hate that thing.

my checkers are
    norton anti-virus scan
    Tweaknow registry
    aol spyware checker
    and i tihnk i got more

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    Jedi_Amara said:
    Actually, I don't recommend SP2, it breaks too many programs :)
    Actually, you are now FORCED to have SP2 on Windows XP by Microsoft. If you have an internet connection and Windows XP, you have SP2.

Back