• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokemon Emerald Frontier Brain Battle

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2007
    Hey guyses.

This is about the promo competition, the Frontier Brain Battle. How many people knew about it? How many entered? Did you make it to the Battle In Seattle? If you did then hey guys. Well anyway, check this site: emerald.pokemon-games.com for all the info about what was going on. It was a gruling almost two month battle between over 36,000 other people. Only the top two from each region advanced to the Battle in Seattle where they got an Emerald game pack and had to battle against the other competitors until only one was left standing. Congrats to Chris, if you're here, you were awesome.

So who tried for it? I did, and I made it to the battle in Seattle too. It was so much fun.

Ja ne,
    Tsukasa

Years
  • Yeah, I tried to enter...

But I never did get further than the first round. In fact, I got 38th in my region, Brave. What made me do badly was the fact that I forgot what the giant crab's name was. I found out it was Crawdaunt... 30 seconds later.

Eh, whatever. The two finalists though had unimpressive teams. They had to use legendaries for cryin out loud. Only newbs use legendaries. Besides, they concentrated on Pok?mon with only Special Attacks. Had I been there, I could have beaten them, I bet, and without using legendaries! (with a lot of time to train, of course.)

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2007
    Just wondering, why is everyone so into NOT using legendaries. I mean sure they are strong and stuff...they are super strong...but still, I mean as long as you train the pokemon, it shouldn't matter if it was legendary or not. Well that's what I say. I just don't get it...the Champ used legendary and like half of the other people there...actually most of the other people there said that they were mad that he won because he used legendary pokemon. I thought it was ok though...oh well.

Ja ne,
    Tsukasa

Years
  • Reason why I don't use legendaries: Stats.

Just about all legendarie's stats are much more amped up than all of the other Pok?mon. Not just that, but they usually include themselves very good move sets. If not, they can use a majority of TMs and HMs.

To me, jumped up stats are cheap, but that's just me.

That's why within games legendaries are banned from those competitions, such as Battle Tower from Crystal and Advanced games, the Battle Frontier in Emerald, and a few cups within the Stadium series.

Years
  • Maybe. Just maybe.

If I were that willing to go for the prize, then yes, just to increase my chances of vicotry. Otherwise, I'd like to challenge myself and take on the legendaries with my Starmie and others. Then I can rub it in their faces when I win!

Housyasei-san

lalala
    Years
  • I myself didn't enter since I'm chicken to enter in any competition. I would tell you my friend and his girlfriend each entered and they both got tops in the 1st and 2nd round. Off to Seattle they went. There the girlfriend battled in the Space Needle and they got to meet Nintendo executives and whatnot. In the end, some other dude won...well, we can say he can scarf down all the concession food over at the PokePark.

If you go to the offical website and go see the pic gallerys (they should have one, right?) My friend is the one in the Mudkip/Totodile custume and his girlfriend is the only girl that battled there.

Years
  • Housyasei-san said:
    If you go to the offical website and go see the pic gallerys (they should have one, right?) My friend is the one in the Mudkip/Totodile custume and his girlfriend is the only girl that battled there.
    Whoa, there's actually girls who are that dedicated to Pok?mon?! Awesome!!!

Oh, and sorry. There's no picture gallary in the official website. There's only a picture of the players who came in first and second place. That's it. Sorry.

Spencer Ketchum

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Well i don't see anything wrong with using legendary pokemon. I think they're great! In the game any pokemon could beat them it just depends on how much and how well you raise your pokemon. So basically they're the same as any other pokemon besides catching them at such high levels.

Years
  • That, and the fact that their stats usually dominate just about all other Pok?mon out there. Their base stats are incredible, and it doesn't matter all that much on how you would raise them since you usually have fewer levels to train them the way you want. And I'm pretty sure that the legendaries would survive at least one attack that's super-effective against them. (I'm not so sure about quadruple-super-effectives, though, like Rayqayza) A lot of non-legendary Pok?mon can't stand up to one super-effective attack. (obviously, Shedinja)

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • dqle said:
    (I'm not so sure about quadruple-super-effectives, though, like Rayqayza)
    Offtopic, but I beat my friends Rayquaza (lv.80-sumthing) with an Ice Beam fired by Surskit (also lv.80-sumthing), so seems like x4 is good enough against legendaries.

Spencer Ketchum

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • See that was wut i was gettin at that even tho the legendaries have incredible stats you're still able to stand up to them with a normal pokemon on the game.

Years
  • Yeah, but that's because you actually know that you'd be facing that legendary. You'd be likely to prepare for such a challenge. (that is, if your Pok?mon were at or below the legendary's level. Otherwise, the battle would be a sinch) If you didn't know, like in competitions, you could be at a massive type disadvantage, already making you lose one of your team members. That early loss could result your defeat since that Pok?mon may have been nessecary for the other of your opponent's Pok?mon.

Back