• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen help with battle tower (ruby)

Deaths Jaws

Budding Breeder
Years
  • ok im having a little bit of trouble with the battle tower in ruby. here is my team in order of selection for the challange:

Metagross L100
    adament

agility
    earthquake
    meteor mash
    metal claw (changing to brick break when i can be stuffed trading to my FR cart)

Alakazam L87
    Modest

Psychic
    Fire Punch
    Ice Punch
    Thunder Punch

Salamance L66
    Adament

Crunch
    Areial Ace
    Fire Blast
    Dragon Dance

the ev's are standard net battle layout...ive forgoten them for the moment butmy metagross has 403 attack and seems to hax out attack boosts from both meteor mash and metal claw like there is no tomorrow, he is usually the only pokemon i use as he simply destroys all competion.

ok my strat is usual....agility metagross first turn then start sweepiong hoping for attack boosts. once a pokemon with a fire type move comes out then go for either zam or sala depending on type weaknesses.

i dont bother using items cos i keep forgetting but if i used them meta: lefties/lum/choice band once i get one :) (even more sweeping fun to be had :) ) Zam: lefties Sala: no idea

i dont have access to the Pinch berries that increace stats so dont bother sayiong salc berry and stuff....though i wish i had em... :)

thanks in advance guys

Jaws out...

Chris17

Shiny Hunter
    Years
  • All of your pokemon must be lv100 so that you could win more than 14 times at the battle tower.Change metagross moves agility and metal claw to iron defense(it works better than agility) and psychic.Raise salamance and alakazam to lv100 and learn salamance dragon claw.I had the same team and i have beaten 56 trainers in a row.Good luck.

Back