• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Matantei Loki Ragnarok Discussion

STJ

meh... ^_^'
Years
  • lol, I hope the long title didn't put any of you guys off

Anyway.. this thread is for the discussion of the Anime/Manga
    Matantei Loki Ragnarok' - Personally I just call it Ragnarok, but whatever suits you

Has anybody else seen the anime or the manga and like it?

I 've just seen the Anime, and I liked it. The ending's pretty open though and leave alot of questions unanswered, so I hope they make another series.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • Calling it Ragnarok wouldn't make sense, as there is an actual anime based on Ragnarok Online. I prefer to call it Loki. ;)

The first thing that made the series cooler was that it was not predictable in the relationship between the human girl and Loki himself, and I thought it was very well done.

Personally I thought Thor and Himedall could have gotten a bit more development, and some of the other story-based characters could have shown more of themselves in other proceeding episodes.

The ending was strange, as it basically made an extra plot for continuation, which I would have preferred concluded (I don't find too many sequels nowadays IF they weren't announced like a month after the ending of the first one). I don't have much hope for a sequel, but maybe an OVA or something...

Oh, the American name I heard was supposed to be Detective Loki.

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
  • Cool! Someone else has watched it!

I guess you're right.. hmmm I'll just call it Detective Loki then. It has an American name? does that mean then that it's going to be dubbed?

As for character development.. I agree with that too.. I really don't think 26 episodes was enough.... I still think that Thor's funny though.. and Freyr too.. of course :D

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • From the last I heard, it was licensed by an American company, which would imply that it would be dubbed and sent here at lesat on DVDs.

I thought they had plenty of time in 26 eps for character development tho, except that they didn't really use the time to the *max* like Witch Hunter Robin (for example). It doesn't really matter, since the seriousness of the series weren't meant to persist anyway. :)

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
  • I hope they're going to dub it... I want to see what their english voices are like!

As for the series' seriousness... Did you notice how.. when they introduced the new Gods, they were more serious and dramatic? then they became more comedic, which I like ^_^

Funny you should mention the relationship between Mayura and Loki... are you referring to the act that it didn't involve a romatic relationship or something else?

I don't see it.... but if you've gone to fanfiction.net you would see that there are alot of people who support that pairing...

Back