• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Mole - IMPORTANT STUFF!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
  • THE MOLE
    Welcome to The Pokecommunity?s first reality based game to grace FTiP. If you haven?t read the thread in Announcements, then? you don?t have to, as this thread has all the info you?ll need on the game.

So? what is The Mole?
    The Mole is a game loosely based off of the television game show of the same name. In the television show, contestants tried to win money by completing set challenges each week. As contestants got kicked off of the show (by means of which I?ll explain later) there eventually is a winner. The PC version shall use the same concept of weekly challenges to determine a winner, although the prize shall not be of a monetary value of course.

No? I meant, what is the mole? The brown furry thing?
    Not in this context. In the television show, the mole was basically trying to sabotage the game for other players and reducing the total prize money at the end. The mole did this because he/she would have been paid by the network doing the show (although it would have been less than the eventual prize money). In PC?s game, the mole will be trying to make it hard for the other players.
    The mole in the game will be a contestant trying to trick you, so don?t be fooled by anyone.

OK. This sounds nothing like The One Above. How do you play?
    Basically, all the contestants who apply will be grouped into teams, and I shall give them a certain amount of imaginary Monopoly money (say $10,000) for which they can wager each week on the challenge I set for the teams. These challenges could be trivial or just completely random. Once the challenges have been completed, certain teams will go to ELIMINATION ROUND! Some teams will go to ER because they lost the challenge, or I might be evil and say that the winners of the challenge go to ER, or I might just send random teams no matter how they did in the challenge because I?m very evil. In the Elimination Round, players there will have to answer a series of questions, and the contestants that get the most wrong will be kicked out of the game. This continues until we only have 2 people left: the winner, and the mole.

What?s the prize?
    I?ve yet to arrange it with Steve or Kwesi, but there probably will be some prize in one way or another.

Great! How do I sign up?
    PM me with your time zone (e.g. GMT+3 or GMT-6, NOT Pacific Time), and the answers to the following questionnaire:

Which forum member would you like to snog?
    Who would win in a fight ? Mihara or Dakota?
    What would be your ultimate breakfast?
    At what age do you wish to die?
    Which forum member would you wish to be stuck in an elevator for 24 hours with?
    Does Mr Cat Dog have a girlfriend?

Your PM must be clearly labelled to be involved with The Mole (I get too many reports these days -_-) and must reach me by Saturday Midnight (GMT+1). If yo don?t, then you won?t be taking part, I?m afraid.

Well, as this thread will be called ?Important Stuff?, I?ll go ahead and close it to stop n00bish spam. If you want to ask questions or queries, then don?t be afraid to ask in the discussion thread, or via PM. I?ll just go ahead and close/sticky this? so good luck everyone.

Case closed - Stickified

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Teams

Darth Vader's Little Green Aliens

JigglyPuffIsHott
    Hotaru - Captain
    Lil' Schu - Captain
    Katsuro
    Baker's Bulbasaur
    Punk Skater
    ravenstorture
    Zaikiro
    Emerald Ex

Fluffy Bunnies With Intense Acne

The Hunk
    Miyu-chan - Captain
    Kira - Captain
    ^^NICK^^ v.4.0
    Legendary Pokemon Master
    Kylie-chan
    Dawson
    Thomas-san

Jessica Fletcher's Mystery Solvers

Crush on May
    Happy Dude
    Digital Phoenix
    Super Torchic

Arcanine - Captain
    Trikip
    Joe_Johnson_Dk_Roy
    Dark Sora

NEW TEAMS

Plop

Miyu-chan
    Hotaru
    Lil' Schu

Happy Dude
    Trikip

The Sylvester and Tweety SUPERTEAM!

Arcanine
    Dawson
    The Hunk
    Baker's Bulbasaur
    Kira

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Monopoly Money/Mickey Mouse Piggy Bank of Cash!

Start

$30,000 split equally between 3 teams

Round 1

DVLGA - $10,000 + $2,000 = $12,000
    FBWIA - $10,000 + $1,800 = $11,800
    JFMS - $10,000 + $0 = $10,000

Total = $33,800

Round 2

DVLGA - $12,000 - $200 = $11,800
    FBWIA - $11,800 - $200 = $11,600
    JFMS - $10,000 + $1000 = $11,000

Total = $34,400